Old 08-07-2006, 12:25 AM   #1  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Default **Weekly Chat - 7 August - 13 August**

morning all

today started off shocking with thunderstorms and rain. apparently a tornado hit some of the southern suburbs in perth (!). anyway, the dogs weren't impressed with all the thunder and lighting and kept knocking at the bedroom door so i relented and they slept in our bed. or perhaps i should say, we slept in their bed - well you would have thought it was by the way they hogged the mattress.

anyway, great weekend otherwise. gots lots done and managed to get in some gym time. already cracking the whip with my exercise

its gonna be a good week - i can feel it in my bones

i hope everyone else had a great weekend
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 01:00 AM   #2  
Br00ke

S/C/G: 212/209/145

Height: 5'3

Hello everyone. I'm on my way to bed, just wanted to check in.

The weekend went okay...I've eaten better things. I made spaghetti Saturday night and used whole wheat pasta. I also added fresh sliced mushrooms, diced onions, and diced tomatoes to the sauce to get more veggie servings in.

Today, my friend had a cookout at her new house. I didn't pig out though like I thought I would!! I had one hot dog, about 1/4 cup macaroni salad, 1/2 cup baked beans, and about 15 chips. Plus I spent most of the day in the pool with my daughter, yay for exercise! Which was a feat in itself, considering my friend & her aunt (the only other women swimming) are small and wore 2 piece suits.

Okay, sorry to ramble on. Hope everyone has a great week!!! :hugs:
mama730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:58 AM   #3  
Taking It Off For Good!!!

S/C/G: 164/149/130

Hey Ladies.
I hope you all had great weekends. I traveled to see my best friend in Atlanta. I think I did pretty good for being out of town. I did buy I cute little shirt that I think makes me look THIN!!! I am beginning to tell a difference in my clothes! Woo Hoo!!

Sunday I got lots of exercise. I started the couch to 5K program then washed and detailed the inside of my car.

Daisy- I love sleeping when it raining and storming... of course I don't have the invaders (doggies) to deal with

Mama- Gratz on the self control!! Its hard but it makes you feel SO SO good doesnt it?
Slimming Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 11:20 AM   #4  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Wow you gals have been some busy chickies!

Well ladies IM BAAAAACCCCCCKKKKK. And I am 2 lbs lighter (yayayayayayayayyayayaya) even though is it TTOM! Isn't that amazing. I was away covering a soccer tournament for an event company. Basically over Fri Sat and Sun I spent about 3 hours walking and 80% of it was uphill at an incline of about 10%. That and my challenge with Michelle to 'do the right thing' this weekend must have paid off. Do you know how long it has been since I have seen 125? College at least. Not much on tap for today. Have to get 7 hours in for the at home job, clean my house, get my run and some strength training in. Gosh I feel so motivated it is crazy!

Daisy - you know I feel like this is going to be a good week for me too...lets make it happen. Glad you have been getting use of that gym membership.

mama730 - Sounds like you were making that Spaghetti the healthy way! Great going.

Slimming down - Congrats on your shirt, don't you just love the way good clothing makes you feel. That thin feeling better be here to stay eh? Ahhh the couch to 5 k, welcome to this addiction called running. Nice to have company.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 11:40 AM   #5  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Happy Monday everyone!

Starting the week off great, so far:

morning workout-check
good breakfast-check
packed a healthy lunch & snacks for today-check

Everyone have a great day!-check!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 01:45 PM   #6  
Living the Laguna life...

Happy Monday!
YAY STEPHIE! We made it! I weighed in this morning at 142.3, my lowest actual weigh in (I weigh in Monday mornings). Only 4 more pounds until goal! I had a good weekend...I ate so many events eating out, but I just tried, tried, tried to eat only what I needed. It was hard, and I didn't do the best job I absolutely could, but apparently it made some difference! I am ready to be on track this week, so let's make it a good one!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:38 PM   #7  

Hey girls! Well the bad news is I'm sick... yuck! I have a cold, a fever, and my period. Tomorrow I am taking a sick/summer day so I can relax. Hopefully I won't eat too much. Am I the only person who can be super sick and yet still have a huge appetite? I hear chicken broth soup isn't so bad. There's a Chinese restaurant underneath me so maybe I'll pick some of that up tomorrow.

I'm just trying to be health... wedding is less than a month. But do you notice before big things like that are huge dinners? For example, bachelorette party next week and rehearsal dinner is HUGE meals to prepare for an event I want to be skinny in. What do you guys do in these cases?
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:59 AM   #8  
Br00ke

So how has everyone done so far this week?

Yesterday did not go as well as I would have liked. I ate fine all day until the evening when I caved and had some sweets. Ugh. But today is a new day!

I did, however, do a workout session with the Biggest Loser dvd...WOW! It was actually really intense, and I did one of the low-impact workouts. I was feeling it! And I'm definitely feeling it this morning, my thighs are sore! When I woke up & stretched, I got charlie horses in both of them lol. And I feel something in my stomach too, those ab movements must work. Anyone else done this workout?
Old 08-08-2006, 10:09 AM   #9  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

=peeks in=

Good morning everyone...
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 10:33 AM   #10  
Br00ke

Good morning!
Old 08-08-2006, 10:37 AM   #11  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama730
Good morning!
Good morning Brooke.
I'm not sure we have met yet? or have we?
I'm the mod here at 20-somethings.

trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 10:45 AM   #12  
Br00ke

I don't think we have. I just started posting here a few days ago. I'm Brooke, 23 on Friday, from Ohio. Nice to meet you!
Old 08-08-2006, 11:04 AM   #13  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Ate really well yesterday. Did not get my run or strength training in however did manage to do some stretching and stairs till I wanted to topple over. Today will be strength training no matter what and I am going to try my hardest on the run. The weather has been so crappy lately and without my gym membership sometimes it is out of my hands.

Gotta work the at home job today...Hubby is out of town for the day covering some golf thing in Denver.

spill - sounds like you are starting the month off right...I see success in your future hehe.

Michelle - 4 more lbs is nothing, you can do it.

cookie - I hate it when I am sick, I can relate. Take some you time and feel better! That is odd that we plan these huge meals before and during events...When my wedding came I was too nervous and or busy to really eat a ton though. Just kind of grazed...

mama730 - Sweets happen. One thing that works for me is a. limiting the sweets you have on hand and b. planning ahead of time which ones you can have. I accomplish both by buying a cadbury bar for the house each week. It breaks up into like a million peices and a serviing size is 6 peices. When I am feeling my sweet tooth creep up I just go get a peice. Now you have made me want to buy that DVD!

maja - HEY GIRL! How are things going over in your world?
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:28 PM   #14  
Dreamy Eyed

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5'5

Hi Ya'll!

I wanted to give everyone a heads up about the 20 weeks till christmas challenge

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91053

Go to the link and check it out! if you want to join us just follow the sign up instructions!

Loves and Hugs

Teresa
PumpkinPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 05:33 PM   #15  
Living the Laguna life...

Hey guys
I hope everyone is having a great week! After my super weigh in Monday morning, I didn't eat that well yesterday. It could have been worse, but I had a big frozen yogurt after dinner that I definitely didn't need. I feel like every calories counts now that I have so few pounds to lose! I am going to have to eat like an angel (as Steph) would say for the rest of the week to show a pound loss. Wish me luck!

Steph -- Great job yesterday! I hate when it rains and I can't get my run in. Way to be motivated enough to get up and down the stairs!

Mama -- I definitely agree with Steph in saying to just keep sweets out of the house! If you must keep some around (children, annoying husband, whatever!), I would buy pre-portioned desserts so you can't binge on them (like ice cream bars). Seems to work for me!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote