3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   why do you think you are overweight? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/89393-why-do-you-think-you-overweight.html)

JasonsLea 08-05-2006 08:47 PM

Depression mainly. I used to be a skinny lil thing, very active, until around 8 years old. Then my mama got with her future husband. I hated him, we clashed, so I locked myself in my room, stopped going outside, stopped interacting with everyone, grew deeply depressed, and started eating loads of crap. The depression wasn't known until I was like 17/18 when I tried to kill myself for the 1363040875th time and I checked myself into the hospital. Some medication and therapy later, I decided I needed to regain control and here I am.

inklestinkle 08-07-2006 12:33 PM

I'm overweight because I eat the wrong foods for the wrong reasons and I don't move around enough.

I started losing weight when I cut out all the Dr. Pepper, McDonald's, pizza, cake, etc. And now I eat when I'm ACTUALLY hungry and when I need some fuel (breakfast), not just when I'm bored or sad or whatever. And now I actually get up and move around more... not just exercising, but just moving more... not spending the whole day sitting on my butt. ;)

PinkBlossom 08-10-2006 10:57 AM

binge eating mainly and lack of exercise. After High school I just didnt really care anymore and the lbs came on really fast. Holidays and parties are also a killer because every month there is something to be celebrated and chips are a weakness for me...

I am now exercising regularly but just need to watch what I eat.

VelVeeta 08-10-2006 01:46 PM

Eating and drinking and not exercising. Its very simple, you should exercise and burn more calories than you take in. A healthy diet and exercise is the key. Sure i still drink or i still eat my favorite piece of cake but now its all in moderation. That is the key to a successful lifestyle!

Mummy_Tummy 08-10-2006 01:59 PM

I know why I'm overweight. I was always incredibly lucky to have a great metabolism so I never had to watch what I ate or exercise or anything. I was just naturally very slender, even after 3 children. And so I never developed good eating habits/exercise habits for when I needed it! After my 4th child was born, 2 years ago, I had a really hard time, physically and mentally. It was nightmarish preganancy and delivery followed by an almost even worse recovery period. I was very ill for a long time and then slipped into depression because of it. I had made alot of life-changing decisions all at one time, like divorce, remarriage, another child, moving to England to be with my new husband. It all caught up to me at once, I think. And by the time I had climbed out of my comfy little den (cos seriously, I cocooned myself in the house for a very long time after my baby was born), it was a shock to realize I had gained so much weight. I weighed more than when I was pregnant! What was eve more shocking was realizing how hard it was to actually make it go away!

So yeah, in a nutshell, it was because I wasn't moving and because I was eating all the wrong kinds of foods and too much of them. But that's over-simplifying the issue, I think. There is so much psychological baggage attached to our eating habits and we must first learnt to address those issues before we can ever hope to be successful at maintained weight loss.

DaisyJ 08-11-2006 11:43 PM

I'm overweight because my body is somewhat stubborn and so am I. Also, going to college was alot of fun but it was horrible in terms of gaining weight. I also feel like my life is so hectic sometimes and whenever I want to relax, exercising is the first thing that goes. I just need to learn to manage my time better and realize how important it is to take care of my health. Speaking of which, time to do my pilates :)

confuzed.gal 08-14-2006 12:19 PM

I've always been overweight, I've never been the "normal" size. I tend to stress eat and plus I eat way too much. I eat until I can't eat anymore, and I hate it but no matter how I try to change it, it always comes back.