It is so hard to lose the last 10 pounds

• I am still losing weight but very slowly!! lol....i guess that when you get down near your goal weight, it is harder to lose weight....the way I look at it is...even though its going to take a while to lose the last few pounds....at least I am looking good in the process

Is anyone else near their goal and find it hard to lose the last few pounds?
  • I know exactly how you feel! But at least this is the season to try and do it...beautiful weather so you can get out of the stuffy gym and into the great outdoors for a bike ride or a run, lots of fresh fruits and veggies to encourage us to eat healthy...unless you live somewhere that's warm for the entire year, in which case all of that is nothing special.

Another thing that helped was choosing a new exercise. I bought myself a hula hoop and use it while watching TV (it's supposed to do wonders for your abs and obliques). I'm not very good at it yet, but it's enough exercise just bending down all the time to pick it up and start again!

Anyway, best of luck!
  • alaynna - it is pretty hard. Besides just being physically stressing one thing I struggle with is people being unsupportive. When you only have about 10 lbs to lose people can't really see that extra weight through your clothes. I get comments like "you look great, you don't need to watch what you eat." If they could see me naked they would understand lol. Lately I have been focusing a lot less on the number on the scale and more on my body and how I feel/my measurements. Although my loss has been stalled my measurements have gotten better. And conversely when I start slacking the number also stays around the same but I can see those measurements going back up...
  • Well, relatively speaking I am nearing the last several lbs of my "journey."
    And the weight has been coming off e v e r m o r e s l o w l y. I just have to keep reminding myself to keep at it and even though I have only lost 13lbs so far in 2006, that still means that I am 13lbs lighter than 5 mos. ago, and that is something.
  • Hey Alaynna, great job losing 35 lbs!! Don't get discouraged, don't give up.. you have come a long way. I know that there was a time I got down to 125lbs and had only my last 10lbs to lose, I just kind of got lazy and well it wasn't the right move obviously. Anyway, those 10 lbs will come off, just give it time or maybe a try new exercises that will shock the system. Good luck and I hope that one of these days I will be fighting against my last 10 lbs too hehe.
  • Thanks everyone for the encouraging words!! I will not give up and I guess I have to realize that it won't come off as easily as the first 35 pounds did.....