Old 05-15-2006, 08:37 PM   #1  

Lightbulb Mystic Tan?

Has anyone ever tried that? I just went to their website, and watched the little video on how it works, and it looks pretty cool. I just do not want the orange streaky look. Tanning beds make me so itchy, but I REALLY need a tan...
Pilatesgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 09:50 PM   #2  
Determined

I've done it and I loved it! When they tell you to hold your breath though, really hold your breath. The spray feels cold and I inhaled really fast and it wasn't pleasant. Other than that it lasted a couple weeks, never streaked, even when it was fading.
happydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 09:57 PM   #3  

I'm so glad!!! It sounds awesome, but it would be nice to know if some real people had some success
Old 05-16-2006, 12:20 AM   #4  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Hmmm... everytime i went into my salon... the women/girls that did that had a nice forehead/hairline line of orange. That made me not want to go for it. Spraying myself with chemicals didn't feel right either.

If you must tan, have you tried high pressure tanning?
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 01:55 AM   #5  

no what is that?
Old 05-16-2006, 01:24 PM   #6  
Living the Laguna life...

i've done mystic tan before, and i've had different results depending on where i've gotten it done. for the most part, i love it..though i would make sure you ask what setting they have their machine on. at least at the place i go to, they ask you if you want it at 1, 2, or 3 (light tan to dark tan). once i went to a place that didn't ask and i ended up looking like i had been dunked in brown paint! i've never had problems with my hairline, just make sure to put the cap on with the front of your hairline exposed and you will be fine.
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 01:51 PM   #7  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

Maybe you ahould try those new gradual tanning body lotion...
I am using Bananna boat right now...I LOVE IT!!! you just put it on after you dail shower...I got colour the next day!

AND IT ONLY COST ME 6 BUCKS!!
fitgal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 04:05 PM   #8  

I tried Mystic Tan and it was pretty good (easier than the do-it-yourself, but expensive i thought). I did it for a wedding and did it on level 2. I didn't feel like it lasted as long as when i applied the lotion self tanner myself but it was really quick and easy and i didn't have to wait around naked trying to dry or do that awkward dance of trying to reach my back like i do when i apply it myself. hehe.

But, IMHO, no matter what self tanner is ALWAYA better than the real thing, especially if you're pale and freckly like me. I always joke that i am basically "skin cancer waiting to happen". My only hope of a good tan is if one day all my freckles just merge together into a nice shade of tan. And it's really not fair because most of my family has the Italian, olive skin, never burns kind of skin. I turn fuchsia after 10 minutes of sun and then i peel! Self tanner is the way to go!
Miss DC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 05:11 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 250/184.4/146

Height: 5'2"

I used it once. They tell you to put extra lotion on your hands and nails. Make sure to do it because, My hands were orangy in the creases for a few days after I did it. Otherwise it worked fine.
exquisitern is offline   Reply With Quote