Old 04-23-2006, 09:14 AM   #1  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Default Embarassing Question

So, I tried to run last night, thinking it would be a great change of exercise for me..and I had an embarassing issue. I felt I had to pee.. A little dribble. What's up with that?

I stopped immediately and walked instead of running. How do i fix that problem? I was in shock it happened!

I figure it's probably stress incontinence or something along those lines. Is there anything else besides Kegal exercises?

Last edited by amb_lyn; 04-23-2006 at 09:19 AM.
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 10:56 AM   #2  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

I don't think so. I think Kegals are your best bet and the only way.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 11:23 AM   #3  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Yes I agree. If your body isn't used to it, it will take a while. Don't give up though, and make sure you visit the rest room right before you go.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 02:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 154/145/125

i don't know what to suggest to prevent it from occuring again, but if it makes you feel better, this often happens to me at the end of a race when i have been really pushing myself. so maybe if running is new for you, it was a new type of physical stress and your body will adjust over time.
kms7z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 11:16 PM   #5  
...future runner...

S/C/G: 215/193.6/135

I've been a runner before about 4 years ago, since then I have re-started running several times since then. Never kept it up though. And everytime I re-start, I always get the urge to go real bad right before I start my runs. I think its some sort of nervousness. So, I usually make sure I go to the restroom right before and try to mentally think I don't need to go...it's very strange.
rosiek2277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 07:10 PM   #6  
12 pounds lost in 2006

I have no answer for you, but I agree with doing kegel exercises. Squeeze!!!!!
mocha74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 07:36 PM   #7  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

My neighbor and I were just talking about a similar situation. Every time she gets on a trampoline she jumps and when she lands she piddles a little. I used to do that after giving birth to my last child for about a year after, no matter if it was jogging, coughing, laughing too hard, jumping jacks, leg presses etc.. I asked my doc about it and he sent me to the ob/gyn for a checkup. It comes from having weak pelvic floor muscles. Really there are only a handful of things that will help. Kegels, weightloss, or surgery to repair them if there is some type of damage. I had to wear pads when exercising until my body got used to it, and the kegel's started working. maybe you should discuss it with your doc. so they can do an evaluation to make sure that there isn't an underlying problem and then go from there.
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote