3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   What is your favorite form of cardio? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/81492-what-your-favorite-form-cardio.html)

Daisy Boo 04-12-2006 03:56 AM

What is your favourite form of cardio?

Ladies,

What is your favourite form of cardio? Machine or other, ie, walking outside, running, stair master, treadmill, elliptical, etc?

:ebike: :woops: :bike2: :running:

Cheers

DoonieD 04-12-2006 04:52 AM

I love dance workout :carrot:
I've got three DVDs by the ministry of sound (UK DJs) to shake my *** !
It's a high impact dance-aerobic workout

trnsfrmnreplace 04-12-2006 05:15 AM

:cb: I love dancing as well.

At the gym i prefer...
:woops: :ebike:

britomart 04-12-2006 06:54 AM

I like walking and swimming... Probably the two least high intensity activities I could choose! They are what you make of them, though, so as long as I push myself I know I'm getting a good workout.

Alaynna 04-12-2006 07:58 AM

I love running, its easy and very effective for me

Lyria 04-12-2006 08:15 AM

Yup, i'm a runner too! Nothing beats the feeling after a good workout...all that endorphiny sweaty goodness!.

VirgoChic 04-12-2006 08:47 AM

I walk/run on the treadmill. Granted the running only lasts for like a minute or two, but I do what I can. Sometimes I think I'm not doing much and should be doing more, but the next morning the number on the scale goes down.

Stephanie Osborne 04-12-2006 10:27 AM

Actually brito swimming can be one of the absolute BEST things to do for cardio, you use so many of your muscles you can get really sculpted if you do it enough.

When I first started working out I got on the eliptical and was winded in about 5 minutes, It was then I knew if I could just get a handle on using this machine I would be set! I can now do it for over an hour. Although it is my favorite because I am comfortable on it, I also dig the spinning bike, that thing kicks my butt!

SexyRevealed 04-12-2006 12:49 PM

I like tapes. I'm really liking Turbo Jam right now. I also like dancing. I'm starting to like the treadmill now since I have my ipod to keep me going!

healthyme05 04-12-2006 01:49 PM

For fun...a night out dancing.
For regular exercise it would have to be the treadmill.

Treadgirl 04-12-2006 01:59 PM

I love step aerobics and dancing. Step is fun- the time goes by SO fast!

canadian*girl 04-12-2006 04:16 PM

i'm liking the aerobic walking. & i'm enjoying the weight lifting (although i'm only using 5 pound weights, it's still weightlifting right?)

for me it's so much easier to say what i don't like (or can't do yet) but not really the point of this thread.

jdoggmartin 04-12-2006 04:24 PM

I love the arc trainer. Whenever the trainers at my gym give a tour, they say the arc trainer is great for a lower-body workout -- it burns twice as many calories as walking on the treadmill. I liked that idea, so I gave it a try. I always feel myself getting a good workout on that machine.

WastedThermos 04-12-2006 04:50 PM

I'm a big fan of the arc trainer too! It is probably my favorite way to get cardio on a machine. At first it was REALLY hard, but now it is easy for me to get my heart rate up and keep it there for my whole work out.
My favorite form of cardio not on a machine.. is kickboxing class! Also, before that I used to do the tae bo tapes. It's so fun and the time goes by really quickly.

trnsfrmnreplace 04-12-2006 05:00 PM

Is the arc trainer like an elliptical?