Old 04-12-2006, 11:46 AM   #1  

Height: 5'3"

Default Frustrated

I am extremely frustrated right now!

This past month I have been 100% back committed to this weightloss journey. I have stuck to 1300-1700 calories per day zig zagging with high and low days. I workout about 4-5 times per week on the elliptical for 40 minutes burning an estimated value of 350-500 calories. Just this week I have started to incorporate weightlifting back into my routine. And this past month... I have lost 1 pound.

I keep telling myself that maybe my body just has to readjust again to working out this much... I don't even know if that would have anything to do with it it's just an excuse I keep telling myself for not losing.

I just don't understand... it's very discouraging to be working so hard and not seeing results. Granted I have recently received my first couple compliments about people noticing my weightloss but the scale is not moving!

Has anyone else had this problem? Should I just keep doing what I'm doing and give it time?
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 11:55 AM   #2  
Counting down the pounds

S/C/G: 265/230 (RNY)/147/130

OMG Welcome to my world! I've not lost anything (in fact I think I've gained a bit) since March 23rd. I've been exercising like a fiend (weightlifting 3 times a week, yoga once a week, spinning on average 3-4 times a week, keeping my proteins above 50, my calories below 1400, elliptical 2 times a week) and nothing is showing up (or falling off).

HAVING SAID THAT - I have to admit my body is doing something odd - my tight clothes are looser and my body is more flexible than ever (how many 45 year old women do you know that can put their nose on their knees?)

Please, just stay doing whatever you are doing, if you've lost weight doing that before. And little by little start changing your mind set - the weight lost will stop at some point. So then you have to focus on something else (ie the way your clothes fit).

You'll do it - you are doing great so far!
chaoskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 11:58 AM   #3  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Have you had your measurements taken in the past? If so take them again and see what is going on...for instance I was the same as you, weight stuck for over 2 months...then I redid my measurements and body fat and found out I had lost 5 lbs of fat but gained muscle. I had rearranged my body per say without affecting what I saw on the scale...

I lost 2.7 % body fat, 1.5 inches off my butt, and 2 inches off my tummy...
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 11:58 AM   #4  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Remember that even though you aren't seeing the scale move, you could be replacing the fat with toned muscle,which is better....don't get discouraged!
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 12:50 PM   #5  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

Hey there!

Give it time!

you are lifting weight so You are puttng on Muscle mass-- which is GOOD- muscle burns more calories just sitting there...meaning...your metabolism is higher and you burn MORE CALORIES even when you are doing noting at all...keep at it, soon things will adjust and you will see the fat MELT off!!!!!!
I agree with taking your measurements...
fitgal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 01:51 PM   #6  

Height: 5'3"

Thank you everyone for your support!

I did take my measurements a while back however leave it to me to lose the piece of paper I wrote them on! I am going to search some more for them later on when I get home from work.

I also think that my TOM is coming up soon(I don't keep track like I should so I really don't know)... so that could definitely play a factor in at least this weeks weigh in. I weigh in on Friday mornings so we'll see in two days!

Thank you ladies!!
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 02:40 PM   #7  

Also, I think you should switch it up with the elliptical. If you are always doing the same exercise your body will get used to it and become more efficient at doing it. Maybe walk or run or do a bike? We all get plateaus and they suck but you just have to keep working and break through it. How's your water intake??

Just an idea!

Amber
AmberM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 09:29 PM   #8  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

i agree with amber. how long have you been doing your current program for? if you have plateaued the reason may be that your body is comfortable with the same movements and needs a nudge.

my understanding is that 12 weeks is a good cycle for switching your routine. try a new form of cardio, new strength exercises and perhaps move from machines to free weights, and push yourself harder to break that barrier.

incorporate some adjustments into your cardio if you really like the elliptical. go backwards, squat down further to really get your quads. for your weights you could change your reps and sets, ie, instead of doing 3 sets of 12 reps, do 2 sets of 20.

let us know what you think.
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote