3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Weekly Chat **April 10 - April 16** (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/81278-weekly-chat-%2A%2Aapril-10-april-16%2A%2A.html)

Daisy Boo 04-10-2006 02:39 AM

Weekly Chat **April 10 - April 16**

morning ladies

i love all of the new avatars you have!

i feel good today. got up a little bit earlier (about 30 mins) and actually had some breakfast. i never eat breakfast - usually running late and just have a coffee and a cigarette in the car. this morning i had some special k with fresh strawberries. was yummy and not too heavy which is good.

i had a horrible nights sleep though. i woke up about 3am sneezing and coughing and had a headache and my throat is sore. eventually i got back to sleep and was up a couple of hours later still feeling the same. had a shower and the headache had subsided, but still sneezing and i have a blocked nose. i am hoping its hay fever.

the kids have cycling training tonight so i will have the house to myself for about an hour. will probably do some weights and then cardio. possibly indoors as it looks like it might rain today. as where i do my workouts is not closed off from the rest of the house, i prefer to do it when no-one is home. would rather not have people looking at me and hearing me grunt and heave. silly i suppose, but the way i feel. i don't want OH to see me struggling to get up off the floor after a set.

still getting my water in. is it possible that a certain amount of water that can be dangerous? i am really just drinking when i feel like it but on saturday would have gotten in almost 3 litres (just over 100 oz). i think maybe saturday was out of the ordinary, but i have increased my goal of 1.2lt to 2lt. is that about right? on the plus side, i have been getting more water in as i have started using it as a substitute for the cigarette craving. good excuse to get my water.

another plus, i weighed in this morning. it said 233 which i am glad about as there has been no immediate increase in my weight as a result of stopping smoking. and even though i had a binge on saturday night after getting a little bit edgy from no cigarettes. i never go out to buy chocolate specifically so it was very out of the ordinary. i felt so sick afterwards.

sorry about the long post - just thinking out loud.

stephie - run, bike, climb peak! geez! yoga bootylicious - love it! :D

britomart - you are a busy girl with the move coming up. keep strong - it will go smoothly. thanks for the encouragement.

lockitup - i have no idea what you were saying - sooooo many emoticons :?: . i did get the bit about needing to lose 4lbs for your wedding dress and girl if you were here you would be getting a thick ear. :soap: you have lost 40lbs! that is phenomenal and you should be so proud. please enjoy your wedding and all the excitement in the build up - don't stress out because your weight is not at a particular number. you look fantastic and i bet you feel fantastic in comparison to before you lost the weight.

lizzbabe - congrats on the 10 miles. excellent! i noticed you said you will run a 10k. is that km's? was just wondering why you would do some running in miles and others in kilometers.

rosie - how is the treadmill???? i am so jealous ;) .

trns - did you say what happened with the job interview? the one you weren't so sure about taking if they offered?

trnsfrmnreplace 04-10-2006 03:21 AM

DaisyBoo - Three liters... yikes. Two was the most i have done. I need to up my water intake. :rain: I drink way too much tea. It adds on sugar AND stains my teeth. Speaking of teeth, i need to set up an appointment at a dentist tomorrow. :devil:

As for the job, it's a no go. I didn't want it anyway, so I'm glad someone else that wanted it got it. Now i REALLY need to find a job, so i can move out again. Two people are now relying on me, so that adds EXTRA pressure. :no:

Tonight will be the night i finally finish this DVD. Tomorrow is a new beginning. My health is getting so much better these days I smile just thinking about it.

Sorry, I'm all over the place. :dizzy:
I missed the gym today but i walked my dog, poor thing is overweight.
I'll probably end up doing some stretches in a few hours.
Tomorrow is gym day again.
I will NOT fall off the wagon.

Marineswife85 04-10-2006 10:06 AM

Hey ladies! I lost TWO lbs this weekend! Im so happy i was doin a little dance when i got off the scale this morning!! I was a little lax on sat but i made sure my calories werent overdone and then yesterday i went for a 3 mile walk. Man im so happy!:carrot: :D :D

Stephanie Osborne 04-10-2006 11:06 AM

Well girls still so far so good. Plans changed yesterday and I ended up going out of town. BUT went to the gym during the day (yes they are open during the day even though I have never been there to see proof lol) and did my cardio before I left. Although I did not eat like an angel there was no binging in sight. Also did great on my water. DH treated me to some new running shoes because I have been working so hard (sweetie!) On a downside got stung by a wasp on Saturday and just found out I am mildly allergic to them. Now my hand is swollen like a tennis ball and itchy like I got stung by like 100 misquitos. So even though today is Strength training day I do not think I can lift anything with it. WIll have to do cardio instead.

The scale rewarded me with another lb lost yayayayayayayayay!

daisy - I have heard that you can drink too much water, but I assume it is all about averages just like food. If you are not drinking an excessive amount every single day I think you are fine. I feel the same way about doing my workouts alone. The other day DH wanted me to sit downstairs and do my workout while he was watching tv... anyway I do these jump squats as a part of my strength trainig and he was cracking up!

maja - Your right better to let that job go to someone who does want it. Just keep at the job hunt I am sure you will find something.

Heather - congrats chica! 2 lbs is great. I knew with all the exercise you had been putting in you would have no trouble taking the weight off. We ate only a week into April and you are already at half your goal for exercise you little gym diva!

spillthebeans 04-10-2006 11:28 AM

Hello Ladies & Happy Monday around here! Way to go ladies on the pounds lost and doing good this weekend working out!

Let's make this another great week! Have a great week!

rosiek2277 04-10-2006 11:32 AM

Daisy Boo -- Here's the rule I follow for water intake, normally they say the required daily is 64oz. Of course this is for those people that are of normal weight for those of us that are overweight we should be drinking half of our body weight in water (per Shape mag). So, if you weigh 200lbs it should be about 100oz per day! And I am totally loving my treadmill.

Marineswife85 - Congratulations!

This week so far is starting off great!

Marineswife85 04-10-2006 01:56 PM

Im lookign to buy a treadmill when jason and i move back home because CT winters can make it tough to exercise outside like i love to do. What are some good brands? I want to spend maybe 300-400 or something.. i dont wanna go crazy but would like to have something to use.. i dont need all the bells and whistles..

junebug41 04-10-2006 02:20 PM

Hi Daisy,

I *think* that your body will tell you when you've just had too much water. I've heard of people dying on certain drugs because they drank too much water, but I think that's because they were messed up and couldn't feel themselves getting sick. The other concern you might want to be aware of is that by drinking an excessive amount of water, you can flush out electrolytes and what not. I don't think 100 oz is obscene. As long as you feel good, drink up!

Heather- 2 pounds! It sounds like you have a good pace going- keep it up! I don't know of any decent treadmills for that price. Check the exercise forum- i think they have stickied some consumer reports regarding equipment.

I got in from Boston at midnight last night. What a trip! I haven't played tourist in so long- usually i'm the one playing tour guide. it was a blast even though I ate like a pig! I didn't snack at all, but I ate a lot of rich meals. Hopefully the walking counteracted it a bit. I didn't drink very much beer either, mostly wine. I've added some pics to my online album if you guys want to look. I asked Ross what he wanted from there and he said a Boston Fire Dept tshirt. Well, we were leaving the Prudential where my friend works and saw a fire station with shirts in the window and we went to check it out. I happen to have a VERY soft spot for firefighters and the most adorable firefighter named Billy gave us the run of the place for a while to snap some pics. He even let us get in the rig! Well, I asked him to take a pic of the two of us and he came to sit down next to me. Well, he put his arm around me and I thought, "Awww how nice of the cute firefighter". Well, just as my friend is taking the picture, he grabs my butt! The funny thing is, in the picture he looks as though everything is A-ok. Ross may just have to pry that shirt from my cold dead hands for what I went through to get it! It wasn't the highlight of my trip, but it was close...

I'm going to try to hit the gym today, but I'm very tired. Can someone just go for me? 45 minutes on the elliptical would be great.
Here are the pics: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jenben...bum?.dir=/d2a8 - the one of the lady in the usher uniform is Leslie. She let me go into Symphony Hall by myself and take some pictures before a show. She's my favorite.

trnsfrmnreplace 04-10-2006 09:04 PM

Exercise with the dog. ...

Yikes! I had so much fun on my hike. I got lost in the trails with my dog, poor little thing is passed out cold. I was planning on doing the usual 15-30 minute walk with her but after i got lost in the trails, we were lost for a good HOUR, i found my way back after countless hills.

I have to say it was a very intense workout. I felt horrible because i didn't bring water with us and i couldn't find ANY source of water on the trail. It was a little too intense for my lil love. [Mind you she is an overweight senior dog] Next time...

BRING WATER AND DO REST STOPS. :faint:

Daisy Boo 04-10-2006 09:27 PM

morning ladies

my shins are sore! i took the dogs for a walk last night and actually did a couple of sprints, believe it or not. anyway, there were a few inclines and my shins are feeling it today. tonight is weights and hopefully some yoga. might actually do it after dinner when the kids are in bed . . . not sure. it could be a trap to not do it at all.

thanks for the input on the water. i feel good from getting the water in and it is not a chore at all. yesterday i got in 2lt. using it as a suppressant for cigarettes is helping me get more in.

trns - beautiful landscape. love it. you have inspired me to go for a walk this weekend through our national park at the end of our street. might get some pics for you all. your puppy is so cute trns! she looks beagle cross. one of lily's (our boston terrier) best play buddies is a beagle cross. he is such a smoocher

heather - more weight loss! you go girl!

stephie - sorry to hear about the wasp sting - ouch! congrats on the pound loss though - yay!

oh - 4 days smoke free :smoking:

Stephanie Osborne 04-10-2006 11:18 PM

Hey ladies! Things are going great over in my side of the world...even though I am having a frumpy day. My hand is so itchy! I have taken some benadryl (sp) and bought some anti itch cream. That ofcourse made me sleepy and I conked out on the couch for like 3 hours. Got up and wanted ice cream...had a coupon for Dairy Queen so I bought a Moolate and drank about 1/4 of it. Was still feeling in a slump so I decided to just drag my butt to the gym and channel the frumpiness into a decent workout. Did an hour of cardio and about 15 minutes of abs. I have my water in for the day...still feeling frumpy but at least it is a productive frumpy lol. I think working out aggrivated my hand though it is a lot redder now...

rosiek - that is a good way to figure out how much water you need, so simple - I will have to remember that.

heather - I bought a pretty nice treadmill from Walmart a while back. It even has incline and I have had it for 1 and a half years through 3 moves one of which it was in the back of a truck in the rain with a tarp over it. And the thing keeps on ticking...I will look and see what brand it is.

june - haha perverted fire fighter! Your so cute hun! Glad you had fun in 'bean town.' Welcome back, and sorry no can do, I can't even get to the gym for myself!

maja - your puppy is so cute. I had a beagle but he was the devil incarnate...I ended up pairing him with a friend of mines just as loud just as hyper son. They get along famously. I am so jealous you went hiking. I live in a nice area for that but I am scared to go by myself - I might get lost - like you did ha!

daisy - get the yoga in girly! No excuses!

trnsfrmnreplace 04-11-2006 05:54 AM

It's the 11th of this month and I'm up to 720 minutes already.

Oh yes! 220 minutes for the day. I feel great. I noticed tonight at the gym i needed to up my level in cardio because i wasn't "dying" as usual. To my surprise! Still haven't lost anything, but i'm not complaining. I feel great. :bubbles:

Everyone see the new icons? They made me laugh...
:kickbutt: :frypan: :drool: :thanks:

Daisy Boo - Yeah, i can't believe that is in my backyard. An I'm 10 minutes from the ocean too. Too bad I'll be moving soon, but hey, I need my own place again! Haha, yeh, she's a pure bread beagle, i love her so much, she's my best friend, yknow the kind that doesn't complain, or talk back. Hahaha.

Stephie - I wonder what is up with your hand, hopefully it will get better on its own soon. Nothing better then getting that exercise in on frumpy days. hehe. My beagle is def NOT hyper, she got the beagle genes... sleep and eat genes. hahaha. Yeah, i got a little worried when i got lost but i found my way. I always back track but this time i went too far and was too lazy to go all the way back the SAME way, so i told myself, "Lets see if this is a shortcut." I was wrong. hahaha.

junebug41 04-11-2006 10:22 AM

Steph- where on earth are you getting stung by mosquitos!?! I live here so I don't have to see things like mosquitos and cocroaches. Congrats on the loss and running shoes. I should have followed the pack- my friends all bought new running shoes this past weekend, but I opted for a new pair of jeans instead.

transf- those pics are gorgeous! I wondered if they were even real. It looks like a beautiful, if somewhat STEEP trail.

spillthebeans 04-11-2006 10:56 AM

Congrats Daisy!

I feel great also trnsfrmr, it's kind of like the more you push yourself the better you feel. Who Knew? Keep up the awesome job you are doing!

Have a great day ladies!

Stephanie Osborne 04-11-2006 11:09 AM

Not much going on here, just working. Tonight is yoga booty ballet class, I will be trying my best to get all this crap done so I can attend.

maja - wow that is being productive :) Have you checked your measurements lately? You may not be gaining or losing but shifting...I had been at 127 for like ever...I retook my measurements and body fat and I lost like 2.5 inches throughout my body and 5 lbs of body fat that I had turned into muscle. SOmetimes these numbers are more important. Especially when you are so close to your goal.

june - got stung by a wasp letting my poochie out into the backyard.