3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Is it possible to lose 20lbs in one month? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/81012-possible-lose-20lbs-one-month.html)

Fat Melanie 04-06-2006 04:27 PM

Is it possible to lose 20lbs in one month?

Heeeeeeeelp!

Marineswife85 04-06-2006 04:33 PM

its POSSIBLE but not healthy

Pilatesgrl 04-06-2006 04:35 PM

I would think it would depend on how much you had to lose...someone 250+ would have an easier time losing 20 in a month, but I dont think that is recommended. I think it is much healthier to lose 1-2 lbs per week, which is 10 or less per month. Not to mention when you lose weight slower, it has a better chance to stay off, and it will look better. My old (anorexic) roomate lost over 60 lbs over summer vacation a few years ago, and she looks like all saggy, wrinkly and basically like ****. Losing it slower will look MUCH better trust me.

Marineswife85 04-06-2006 04:39 PM

I lost about 40 lbs a few years ago over the course of 2 months. But i wasnt eating like AT ALL and was constantly on the go, exercising, or with friends etc. I was the most unhealthy i have ever been in my life. I gained it back pretty fast too when i started eating normally again.

shananigans 04-06-2006 04:45 PM

Possible? I suppose, but I guarantee it’s not healthy and most definitely not all or even mostly fat you’re losing. If you’re losing 20 lbs a month you are losing very valuable lean body tissue that you need. If you’ve lost that much weight in a month, depending on why and what exactly you’re doing, it might be a good idea to consult your doctor about a more sensible plan to take weight off slowly and healthily.

trnsfrmnreplace 04-06-2006 05:47 PM

I agree with everyone above.
Why are you in such a rush hun?

LockItUp 04-06-2006 06:05 PM

Agree agree, possible in theory, but not healthy. In fact a 20 pound very fast loss for me in the end lead me to gain the 40 pounds I ended up losing since August (and yes it has taken me 8 months, and even when I take a couple weeks off I don't gain since it's been so slow).

healthyme05 04-06-2006 06:41 PM

I wish I could lose that much in one month...
But for me it's about 5 pounds a month which is a more acceptable and healthy weight loss.
1-2 pounds a week is safe and healthy.

The way I'm going it will have taken me a little under 1 year to lose the 53 pounds I started out with. To be honest, the time since June 2005 and now has flown by so fast.

kayleystar 04-06-2006 06:44 PM

Like it's been said, it depends on your starting weight and such. I started at 350 pounds, and lost 50 pounds of that in 3 months time.

HarpoChicoGroucho 04-06-2006 10:57 PM

I lost 40 lbs in my first 2 months, but, I was over 300. I couldn't possible manage that now. The heavier you are, the quicker the weight loss is INITIALLY. My weight loss has gone from 5 pounds a week, to 4 pounds a week, to 3 pounds a week, and now it's usually 0-3 pounds a week (and I've got to work my butt off for 3 pounds). If you aren't morbidly obese, it's SUPER-dangerous to lose weight that quickly, and I don't think it's possible at a lower weight, even if you starve yourself, and then your hair will fall out and like some other girls mentioned, you'll look like ****.

As much as I hate the SLOW process of weight loss, it's just something that I've been forced to accept. I'm incredibly impatient and when my weight loss slowed, I was frustrated, but I knew I couldn't do anything extreme or unhealthy to speed it up again. It's tempting, but it's totally not worth it.

rysmommy 04-11-2006 10:37 AM

I dont think it's healthy you will probally gain the weight back if you don't do it right, I started out at 245 and over the course of two months with counting every calorie and working out twice a day I lost 20 lbs in the two months one seems a little to quick but everyone's body is different just make sure your not harming your body to lose it!

SexyRevealed 04-11-2006 12:29 PM

I agree. It probably can be done, but it's not healthy and will probably hurt you in the long run. I've been losing 1-2 lbs per week. Yeah, it's slow but I'll get there eventually.

rosiek2277 04-11-2006 12:47 PM

Not a healthy option.

fivestone 04-11-2006 02:30 PM

If you're still rearing to lose the weight really fast, even despite knowing how healthy is, that's probably a red flag that there's emotions tied up with your body/weight that are more than just about weight or size...and it might be a good idea to talk with a friend or counselor about those things. Because trying to control those feelings or a situation by trying to lose the weight fast could backfire, and end up controlling you.

CrazedLedZepFan 04-23-2006 12:28 AM

I'm curious about this too. I wouldn't attempt to lose my 20 in a month, that's more than 1/2 pound a day! But I was wondering if losing the weight w/in the next two months would be healthy to do.