3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Weightloss DVD's (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/80902-weightloss-dvds.html)

Marineswife85 04-05-2006 01:46 PM

Weightloss DVD's

Ok, well today im gonna be a little lax on the exercise because were gettin a bad storm and its VERY windy and i want to still work out but unfortunatly i lent my Pilates For Dummies DVD to a friend who has yet to return it even tho i keep asking. WEll anyway, I was wondering what Workout dvd's your recommend? Has anyone tried the Biggest Loser Workout? I love the book, i bought it and thats what REALLY motivated me to start dieting again. But i know alot of the DVD's can be a bunch of crap. I need something new for days like this where i cant get out of the house!

TMunday 04-05-2006 01:52 PM

Leslie Sansone Walk Away The Pounds. All of hers are great!! I really love the 4 mile express though!

Pilatesgrl 04-05-2006 02:32 PM

I have yoga zone dvd's (a pack of like 4 for really cheap on Ebay) and a pack of 3 or so of Winsor Pilates work well....also belly dancing too :)

canadian*girl 04-05-2006 05:03 PM

i have the biggest loser workout dvd. it's good. the workouts are not complicated, but they do make you sweat! (well they make me sweat anyways). i like that there's 4 workouts so i can pick which one i want to do.

i also have the walk away pounds dvd. the one i have has 3 workouts on it (a 1 mile, a 2 mile and a 3 mile). they're nice as well. i find them more gentle, but good for days when i'm not feeling the most motivated.

i've also just ordered '08 minute abs'. it looks a little cheesiesh but i heard good things about it and it was only 11 bucks.

i also have a very old richard simmons video that i worked out to the other day. and it was ok, mostly nice to just do something different.

PunchBuggy 04-05-2006 05:17 PM

I have the biggest loser dvd as well. I must say, I am more motivated to do that one than any of my pilates dvds. It makes me sweat and I can really feel the workout after I am done and into the next day!

Daisy Boo 04-05-2006 08:52 PM

i want to get some more dvd's, particularly jillian michaels ones and a couple more taebo. problem is that they seem to be set up for US regions only. nothing worse that ordering a dvd and then going to play it and it doesn't work. will have to keep an eye out in the shops here for the jillian michaels ones. they might fast track them with TBL on tv at the moment here.

at the moment the only ones i have on dvd are taebo cardio, joyce vedral definition and 2 geri yoga dvd's (they are great!). i used to have heaps of VHS tapes - elle mcpherson (was very good), chyna (remember WWF?), and some aerobics oz style vids.

my favorite aerobic workout of all time is jane fonda. my mum had it and i loved doing it. was so varied and fun. i believe that some of her workouts have come out on dvd now too so i might go for the complete workout of hers (i think that is the one i loved to do)

i saw one on amazon the other day and it was naked aerobics. :lol3: looked so funny. just something for those rainy days . . . .

kayleystar 04-05-2006 09:05 PM

So far, I'm liking the Crunch series. I have the Cardio Dance Blast one, and it's so much fun to do. I have the Fat Burning Dance one as well, but there's too much jumping for my taste (and my body's!). I have the 10 minute solution kickbox bootcamp, and if you are strapped for time, they have 5 10 minute workouts on it that you can do! :) They were only 10 bucks a piece at Walmart, so not too bad.

canadian*girl 04-05-2006 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daisy Boo
i saw one on amazon the other day and it was naked aerobics. :lol3: looked so funny. just something for those rainy days . . . .

do you remember what it was called? i'd love to see that.:D

Daisy Boo 04-05-2006 10:14 PM

:lol: i found another one.

Totally Nude Yoga and Tai Chi and Totally Nude Aerobics. have a search on amazon for them.

Looks like 2 DVD's per program - one has clothes on, another has clothes off.

:rofl: :lol3:

trnsfrmnreplace 04-05-2006 10:33 PM

DaisyBoo - Have you tried buying a universal dvd player that plays all dvds?

Daisy Boo 04-05-2006 10:45 PM

sorry to hijack heather :)

trns - i haven't looked at universal players as yet. we hope to buy a new entertainment system soon and i hope that at that time i can get one. haven't researched it much as yet. just have to play the waiting game and get the cash together . . .

i think that the PS2 might be able to do it, but haven't tried it out.

Marineswife85 04-06-2006 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daisy Boo

LMAO!! All i can picutre is myself jumping around naked with my boobs slappin me in the face! lol

stacylambert 04-06-2006 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marineswife85
LMAO!! All i can picutre is myself jumping around naked with my boobs slappin me in the face! lol

HAHA.

I have quite a few DVD's I'd be happy to loan you. I'm not using them right now so they're just collecting dust. It would at least give you an idea if you'd want to buy them.

I have lots of bellydance ones, some aerobics, a couple pilates. Just let me know. You can pm your address if you want me to send some!

Daisy Boo 04-06-2006 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marineswife85

:lol3: i am cacking myself!

Linds81 04-06-2006 07:26 PM

Oh my...hahah naked aerobics... you're right... that's just something I don't want to see myself doing... eeek... Make sure the blinds are closed for sure!