Old 03-25-2006, 04:56 PM   #1  
Melting Butter

Talking Any New NSV's?

It's been a while since we've had a thread about our NSV.

I just have to say that tonight I'm going out and since my clothes are all kind of big I went to go try on some tops. So I went to the juniors department (and of course I haven't fit those clothes in forever). I was a little apprehensive about trying on anything since I've gotten my feelings hurt in the juniors department before.
Well...guess what? I was able to fit a Large top! It fits perfectly! No bulges, no pulling the top down or up...it just fits! I had no idea that it would even work on me.
And when I was shopping none of the sales people looked at me crazy as if to say why are you shopping in this department. It was such a great feeling. I finally now have the option of misses or juniors sizes.

And...for the first time since...forever I have boobs small enough to go braless in the trendier tops! I have no idea what bra size I am...I'm still wearing my old bras which are 36C's...I really think I'm in a very small B cup. One of these days I will give in and buy some new bras. I'm so
healthyme05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 05:57 PM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Woo hoo Healthyme!

I bought a shirt at Body Central (if you don't have those where you live it's a store for minature cute little girls, like a Wet Seal, or Charlotte Ruse)!!! I was terrified to go in the dressing room. They didn't have any extra larges and plus they make their stuff so small, but I did, and it fit, in fact all three of the shirts I took fit! I guess I am not extra large anymore and YAY!!!

AND my waist measurement is under 30!!!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 06:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 120

congradulations on fitting into smaller clothing. That is a good feeling, it makes it seems like all this dieting and hard work is really working.
snoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 01:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

I've got one! I bought a pair of awesome pants on sale a long time ago...size 20. They've NEVER been able to fit me, but I've been trying so hard, cuz I wanted to fit into them for the concert next weekend...and they FIT! Not super comfortably, but I can wear them without dying! Granted my other pants in 22 are just starting to fit, but HEY! I'll take what I can get!!!
kayleystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 01:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Oh yeah! And my b/f bought me a promise ring..and it's size 8! I used to wear like 9-9 1/2!! Yay for fatness gone!
kayleystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 03:12 AM   #6  
L A D Y J A M E S

S/C/G: 265/236/180

Height: 5'9

I can walk quickly without fatigue or panting for several minutes! And I bought a shirt that is a 16 -- I have not been a 16 in about three years.
ladyjames63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 01:55 PM   #7  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

Hey Healthy me...

When people ake me why I am shoping in the juniors I tell them, "why pay PST if I don't have too!!!!" (i live in canada and children's clothes juniors included are not charged PST)...they shut up after that! hahaha

Way to go on the progres!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! weeeeeeeeee

OH and my NSV...My bra size is shinking...is that good or bad??? hahaha
fitgal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 02:15 PM   #8  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

Congrats everyone

I actually had 2 NSVs yesterday. I bought a new pair of jeans and they are a size 22. I admit they are the stretchy kind.... and there are still size 24 pants that don't fit me. But it's proof that I'm moving on down, so I'm happy.

I wore the jeans later on when I went out with 2 of my very close friends from high school. One of them hasn't seen me since February and he's like "you look different." The other one thought I looked exactly the same, but I'll take what I can get... I told them I had been losing weight. It's the first time I've talked about it with any of my friends. It kind of makes me nervous that it's noticeable now, but happy at the same time.
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 03:06 PM   #9  

I have a few. I saw some friends last weekend that I hadn't seen in a few months, and they said how much better I looked than the last time they saw me. (Of course, there are nicer ways to put that but it was still flattering) And I just got new jeans in a size 12! And if I'm allowed to mention scale victories here, my weight/BMI just went down into the "overweight" range rather than obese, and I'm more than halfway there!
Flying Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 04:18 PM   #10  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

My waist is getting more toned so i got myself 3 shirts the other day, one of them being a small and it was a bit short but it STILL looked great!

Also the place had a FULL size dressing room where everyone undresses in front of one another, it is one big room surrounded by mirrors [kind of like at a fashion show backstage] and i felt comfortable for the first time! Did i mention i was wearing a thong and had to take my pants off to try on another pair?
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 05:27 PM   #11  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Trns, what the heck kind of store were you at so I can make sure to never ever go there.

Congrats to everyone's NSV's there are some really great ones!!!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 06:58 PM   #12  

LockItUp - hahaha. Yea i'm surprised to see something like that in America. [I lived in Europe half my life]

It was at this store called Loehmanns, they have designer clothes and shoes for super cheap prices.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:49 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

My latest NSVs are gym-related...

After finishing a really hard treadmill run the other day the woman next to me asked me if I ran for the local university. I said no, just for myself. And she said "well I just want you to know that I admire you." Now it makes me run ever harder knowing people are watching lol.

Same day I went on to lift weights and the gym owner was showing someone around the machines and remarked that she should hang out with me if she wanted to get a good workout. And she agreed saying yeah she had noticed how hard I trained.

Made me feel good even if the scale isn't cooperating with me.
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 04:18 PM   #14  

lizzbabe - hehe. I wish i copuld join you, you would kick my butt!

I would be beaming after those compliments.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:40 PM   #15  

Hmm I dont for sure know what NSV means but I have an idea.

Two weeks ago before vacation I went clothes shopping for the first time since January (when I really knew I had to lose weight). I have gone down 2 sizes and am back to a 13. My goal is to at least get back to a 9 which I wore in high school. The only thing that sucks is that I have no clothes that fit. I have like 2 pairs of capris and of course all my workout clothes. But other than that only one pair of pants fits. I just dont want to spend the money when I am just going to have to buy new clothes in a few months anyway.

But woo hoo I can shop again at American Eagle and Pac sun!
Tampaquillowner is offline   Reply With Quote