Old 03-06-2006, 01:29 PM   #1  
Edge Of Glory

S/C/G: 350/See Ticker/199

Height: 5'8"

Default My biggest obstacle...

I've been looking through the forum, and noticed there was one that was about "dieting with obstacles". I stopped and wondered what my obstacle was, and without a doubt, it has to be pure, unadulterated laziness. I mean, seriously, I grew up with pretty much a lot of things handed to me. I always had the extra cash for whatever, I had never really shopped for myself alone, I BARELY had any house work (my mother cooked, cleaned everything INCLUDING my room, did the laundry, just everything) so I guess you could say I never had to do anything for myself. It's not because I didn't want to, but because I didn't have to, you know? Then it struck me that that's why I'm addicted to fast food. The convenience of it -- all I have to do is spend a few "measly" bucks and voila, a satisfying meal. It's pretty said that other people's obstacles are life threatening, health issues, and I just can't manage to give up watching South Park to take a walk. Even though I live with my sister now, have my own job and everything, it's blatantly obvious she does everything else for me (except clean my room which is a mess btw )

So there it is. I'm 21 years old, and the hardest part of my weight loss is doing something for myself, by myself.
VirgoChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 02:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Don't worry, you aren't alone!

A LOT of times I'm just lazy. Especially with the fast food thing. I love being able to just go through the drive-thru. Although I must admit I really LIKE that food as well. But we all have lazy times. Some people never exercise, they just do it all through diet, because they are too lazy. Some people who don't mind exercise never change their eating habits because they are too lazy to learn/try something new.

Trust me you're not alone, you were just brave enough to admit it.
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 02:50 PM   #3  
It's 2014, I need help!

S/C/G: 298/298/180

believe me, u'r definitely not alone.. I'm the only person I know who's dieting (as in friends, family, etc..) so I'm ALWAYS around the bad food.. also, because I know I HAVE to exercise, I don't want to.. although when I do, I feel better. I guess in a perfect world I'd like to drop 20 pounds over night so I know I can do it..
Megan2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 04:09 PM   #4  

HE he...I am sooo lazy too. Sometimes I get junkfood because I can't be bothered thinking what to make (I don't mind cooking). Mind you, I have cooked healthy stuff at home before too because I couldn't be bothered leaving the house.

I think apathy is a real issue when it comes to weight loss/gain. For me with exercise I try to make friends at the gym or arrange to meet friends for a walk so I can't bail out on them or the exercise.
HAL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 04:24 PM   #5  
I'm doing this for me!

S/C/G: 205/196/160

Height: 5 2"

I'm lazy too - when it comes to exercise. I guess in a way maybe all people are lazy in some form, whether its too lazy to cook a proper meal (junk food is always quick and satsfying) or just too lazy to exercise. We're all in the same boat but we're all here for each other too
Sassy-Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 03:04 PM   #6  
Post Wedding Weight Loss!

I am right there with you! I'm doing alright with eating in and avoiding the fast food, but I am too lazy to exercise. I'd rather (oh so embarrasing!) watch TV than get off my duff and take a walk that I KNOW will make me feel good, and I KNOW will help me become fit. YIKES!

But I agree that workout buddies can really help. I used to work out with a friend of mine because if I didn't show up, I'd be letting her down. Why is it so easy, though, to let myself down?
Aurora_K is offline   Reply With Quote