Old 02-09-2006, 05:01 AM   #1  
Bringing Sexy Back!

S/C/G: 125kg/125kg/70kg

Height: 164cm

Default *boots scales across room*

ARGHHHHHHH! I've been eating healthy for FOUR WEEKS! (with a couple of missed, but not pig outs) I've been going to the gym for FOUR WEEKS! The first week was great, lost 1.5kg. Ever since? I've ****ING PUT ON! Not a huge ammount (.15 of a kg, and .10 of a kg) but **** OFF YOU STUPID SCALE!

Now logically, I know the old "muscle is denser then fat" and that's why the weight isn't moving, but I DON'T CARE! MOVE DAMN IT! MOVE DOWN!

There ends my rant
Renny Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 05:23 AM   #2  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

Im sorry to hear that, Im not used to kg, I mainly use stones and/or pounds so its harder to know what exactly it is u lost and gained.
What types or food was u eating? wat exercise? typical day?
how many calories?
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 07:24 AM   #3  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Right, to put this in perspective... you "put on" 100g or 150g That's half a big bar of chocolate. That's like 2 Mars Bars (weight wise) OR it's 100ml or 150ml water. And I'm sure it IS water weight.

Try to change things up a bit during the week. Also if you are weight training, then yes muscle will hinder the scale's progress but that's ok because we want to keep hold of our lovely muscle and loose the squidgy fat. So I'm sorry the scale's being a pain, but it will move again if you keep doing things right.
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:02 AM   #4  
Step AWAY from the Cake!

S/C/G: 230/220/145

I know it always sucks to put on weight-- but as you said, it's probably muscle. What you might want to do is take a tape measure and measure yourself-- hips, waist, bust, arms, legs-- and then every few weeks measure yourself again. You may have put on weight, but you may have lost inches. And in the end, I think that's what really matters.
ncola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:14 AM   #5  
Going to ONEderland

If you've been working out that seriously, then your muscles are retaining water. It happens. Stop working out for about a week or two weeks and you will see the scale drop by 3 or 4 pounds. Resume working out and it will go high again. But if you really are working out that hard, then you really don't want to stop. You will keep losing size whether you lose pounds or not. It is much better to be smaller (where people can see it) than be lighter on the scale (where people can't).

There is a site you might like to read, John Hussman has written some seriously intersting information about how our bodies change when we are losing fat. Read some of these articles and I think you will feel better : http://www.hussmanfitness.org/theScale.html
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 01:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I agree with what the others said and I'm experiencing the same thing right now. As I've mentioned in other threads I've plateaued (or actually gained a little) scale wise, however, I tried on a pair of pants yesterday I hadn't worn in a couple weeks and they were looser. So am I losing fat. I just started a new lower body routine and have been SORE so I know I'm just packing on some muscle right now. You are doing the same and don't worry. Just don't get frustrated and give. Keep doing what your doing and don't put too much stress on the scale (even as I wrote that I hate me because I KNOW how important the scale feels!). Just hang in there :hugs:
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 02:03 AM   #7  
Bringing Sexy Back!

S/C/G: 125kg/125kg/70kg

Height: 164cm

Thanks guys. I know I'm not really putting on (as my contact at SureSlim said yesterday, I've barely put on a small bottle of Coke) but I want to see changes damn it! I've defentitly lost cm (2cm from my gut alone this week) and we're going to do that every week (and measure other parts beside, bust, waist and chest) until I start seeing some difference on the scale, because I need to see, with numbers, that I AM losing something off my body.
Renny Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 06:37 AM   #8  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

i believe 1kg is equivalent to 2.2lbs.

don't let it get you down renny. it is way too easy to just focus on the numbers but try and think about how you are feeling aswell - and how your clothes feel.

how about avoiding the scales for a couple of weeks ( ).
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 12:03 PM   #9  

i think measuring yourself is a much better option for you.

2cm of your gut is a huge accomplishment! way to go!
canadian*girl is offline   Reply With Quote