Old 01-24-2006, 02:44 PM   #31  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Also not "in the home," but also not in an office or anything, would be secret or mystery shopping. I currently work part-time from home editing reports written by secret shoppers. I also sign up to do some "shops" of restaurants--they usually reimburse you for the full amount of your meal You won't make a lot of cash, but you'll get reimbursed for food, services (I've seen some for car oil changes), products, etc., just for taking a few minutes to fill out a report afterwards
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:19 PM   #32  

pilatesgrl- i am running an 8k at the beginning of april. i've been doing about 10 miles pretty consistenly (5-6 days a week) on the elliptical, and about 2 miles running (2-3 days). i think i need to get some weight off before i start to really run again (i used to run 5 miles 5 days a week i don't know how i did that, but i'll get back to it). i am signed up with my brother (who ran it last year), my dad (who ran a marathon this year) my little sister (who doesn't run, but does the elliptical). it's the best motivation because you have to work out in order to get in shape to run the thing, especially when so many other people are running it. i know that with my sister running it, we can run together and blame eachother for our slow times. the only thing i'm not looking forward to, is having my dad beat me, but michelob is sponsoring it, so i'll just drink my worries away after i finish.
chicagoposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:20 PM   #33  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Stacy - If you are decent at typing you could do trascribing. I know there's definitely money in that!!!

About fast food - I totally feel like crap after I eat it. I start feeling so lathargic. I don't know how I used to eat it every day. Especially after watching supersize me!!!

I am soooo excited about my dance class tonight. I hope we get right into it since it's only one time a week. I just absolutely love learning dances and I am sure it'll be a good workout!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:35 PM   #34  
PACKERS FAN!

Andrea: What exactly is turf grass management? I'm sure I'm wrong, but the picture that came to mind was someone who worked at a football stadium and measures the grass daily, meticulously waters and cares for it. It's great to hear aobut the free house!!!

Stacy: You could be a consultant for something like Creative Memories or Mary Kay or CandleLight or whatever. Definite perks if you use/buy those things often. I think I'd be dangerous as a Creative Memories consultant. I'd never have any product to sell my clients, I'd have it all!

Adventure: Great job on the run!

LockItUp: What kind of dance class? My friend and I went to a swing dance class, but we were always the odd girls out, so we stopped. It would have been a ton of fun though! Sucks I can't convince DH to dance.
fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:40 PM   #35  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

Hello everyone! I'm a newbie here, and am currently an unemployed student looking for a job at the moment. Ya'll ever have one of those days where you're doing so well, but then your mother makes this succulent pot roast that you rarely eat and you just can't resist it? Never mind the leftovers...oy....

I'm also a die-hard Biggest Loser fan, although I'll admit that in the beginning I had my reservations about the way they worked these guys so hard. I kept worrying that one of them would have a stroke or something. Since no one did, thank goodness, it's actually quite motivating to watch. My favorites are the special episodes because it's more of a realistic environment than the ranch. But I must admit to being puzzled by the last one with the $50,000 dream wedding....if you're in this competition for a few months, why on earth would you slack off halfway through it? That seems to be the impression that I got from both sides of the team. Anyone else notice that too?
NemesisClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 05:11 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 268/260/194

Height: 5'7.5"

Hi all, another newbie here. Looks like I'm not the only one working on the job thing! This is my last semester in college and I'm still dragging my feet on getting the hunt started for real. Argh.

On the topic of quitting calorie counting, I'm trying something new this month. I don't need counting anymore to just know how many I've had since I can guess well, it's mostly to keep me under control, but when I freak out and eat like crazy, I usually fail to write much more than "oops" down anyhow. So this month I'm ditching the meticulous food journal and just noting on my exercise log when I have an oops and what it was. Seems to be working okay, looking over at it taped on my door now I can see easily the important trends like weekend boredom eating.

I lost my winter jacket liner last summer and finally the new one I ordered is here, woohoo (was layering jackets for a while--I think I'm going to break it in with a walk before it gets totally dark....
zizania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 06:30 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Welcome newbies! You'll love it here

Pilatesgirl, hehe, I've thought about that but I won't even clean up after my own dog! That's hubby's job

Thanks for the ideas everyone, keep em coming
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 07:07 PM   #38  

Fuller: you are so close with turf grass management. BF COULD maintain sports fields, but he wants to work on golf courses. Pretty much he knows all the diff kinds of grass, the chemistry of the grass, what grass goes where, and how to maintain the grass. I get bored even typing about it. But I love him still
AndreaHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 09:46 PM   #39  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Welcome newbies!!!

Ziz - (I nicknamed you already) I do the same thing with the "opps". I won't even bother counting when I know I've eaten too much, and that's probably when I need to do it the most. I am still writing down what I eat, just so I stay aware and accountable.

I had a total blast at my dance class tonight, and JEEZE what a workout, at some points I thought my heart was gonna beat right out of my chest. I haven't had that much fun being active since I can remember. I can't wait til next week!!!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 12:15 AM   #40  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Hi all

Just jumping in on TBL topic - our aussie version starts in Feb and I am so looking forward to it. Of course they have Jillian and Bob over here to do it which is great.

Thing is that it will be on 5 nights a week for 4 months - strange as TBL we got from the states was once a week. So it should be interesting to see how they change the format. I am hopeful that watching it nightly will give me a little more of a push aswell.

I did my first workout yesterday - in a long time. I did full body weight program for about 45 mins and don't feel too bad today. Just a little bit sore under the arms when driving the car, but nothing painful - which is the worst after not working out in ages and not being able to move your limbs for fear of them falling off

Planning on taking the doggies for a walk tonight. The weather is horrible and humid after a couple of cyclones on the northwest coast that have turned into rain bearing depressions. However, we have gotten some rain which is always good for the garden On the plus side of summer, we have the longer days which make it easier to get out there after work and do something. Our state doesn't participate in daylight savings so it is still quite light at 8.00pm.

hope you don't mind the ramblings

Lock it up - great to hear the dance class went so well. What a great way to keep active! Must keep that in mind.
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 12:20 AM   #41  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Stacey, While my photography has been slow I work from home for a company called Service 800. Basically I do the following: When a company has some type of tech support done (by like IBM, Lexmark, HP...) I call them after the repairs are done and ask them if everything is fixed and have them rate the tech support they recieved. You have to commit a minimum of 20 hours but the best part is you set your own schedule day to day. So say i told them i would work 5 hours on Monday then I wake up feeling icky...I just don't work and make it up on the other days that week. I don't have to take inbound calls all day I basically talk to businesses only. They pay 8.31 an hour which is not great...but you can write your phone bill computer and internet usage off on your taxes. The best part is you get to work in your pj's! If you are interested let me know and I will PM you the info.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 01:28 PM   #42  

Happy Wed!

Welcome to all the new people, hope you like it here!

I have yet to play with my food scale, maybe this weekend. ^.^

I'm also almost down to my pre-holiday weight, which is really really cool. I am quiet excited about that fact.

And...two of my grad school applications are in the mail! Yay! The other two will be in the mail tomorrow! I am soo excited about going back to school. ^.^
Arian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 02:07 PM   #43  

Bah, I'm having huge issues with my grad school applications... I sent them off mid-December and thought everything was finished, right? I'm STILL getting emails from my schools telling me things are missing. Not things I have control over, either, like writing samples. They keep telling me my letters of reference aren't there, or my undergrad transcripts. Which I sent in November. So I have no freakin' idea what's going on, and I keep having to pay our inept Registrar's office to send transcripts to No Man's Land, where they will never be seen by anyone. I'm so frustrated.... doing the best I can not to go pity-eat.... I applied to 5 schools and have already paid for 8 transcripts. What's wrong with that picture? And I just found out yesterday ANOTHER school can't find my transcript.

Either my school's Registrar's office sucks, or every school to which I applied is incapable of finding paperwork. BOOO.

Anyway, needed to rant. Today was otherwise ok despite the blowing snow and tired muscles from the gym yesterday!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 02:13 PM   #44  

[QUOTE=britomart]
Either my school's Registrar's office sucks, or every school to which I applied is incapable of finding paperwork. BOOO.QUOTE]

I made sure that all of the references, transcripts, ect were sent to me so that I could send them all in together so I would not have worry about everything getting there at different times. For once, being anal retentive has paid off!
Arian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 04:27 PM   #45  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Happy Hump Day!

britomart: I hope everything ends up working out for you! Try & have a nice day anyway.

arian: good for you! good luck!, I'm still trying to get out of school!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote