Old 01-23-2006, 04:03 PM   #16  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Monday.. monday...
[X] Autobody Shop
* Fitness
* Hike
* Finish DVD motion pieces
* Feel better

Last edited by trnsfrmnreplace; 01-23-2006 at 07:20 PM.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:48 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I saw Emily Rose a couple weeks ago and boy it was not what I expected. I had no idea it was going to be a court case with flashbacks. That kind of made it *more* scary because it was more real than just watching a horror movie.
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 07:30 PM   #18  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Ok maybe I will watch it!!! It sounds different then I thought, so maybe it won't give me nightmares!

Alright, I am off to night class I guess. This one goes till 9:50pm then I have to be at class at 7:30am tomorrow morning. But my Pilates and dance classes start tomorrow. I am scared a little for the Pilates class, but I can't wait for the dance class!!!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 07:32 PM   #19  

I thought that movie could have been a bit scarier...and I am starting to hate some scary movies (Like SAW- I can admit they are creative and pretty good movies, but I just dont like that type of scary movie...I like ghosts )
The CREEPIEST part of Emily Rose was when her guy friend looked down and saw her on the floor in that weird position...FREAKY!!!!

I wanted to run on the track at the Y (I hate running on a TM) and there was one lady walking one direction, and another with a newborn strapped to her walking the OTHER direction! I tried to just walk around the track once...I knew it would be a huge problem, because they cross eachother like 2 times each go-around, and I have to deal with that every time almost...it wasn't like i could pass them crossing eachother. NOT FUN! But I went on the elliptical instead...
My dad and I are running a 5K together on April 8th...I hope I can make it- running is super easy for my dad...he's way more in shape than me! I gotta get ready for that!!!

Have a good Monday everyone!
Pilatesgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 08:32 PM   #20  

Hey guys! Happy Monday!!! Well I am back at school for my last semester as a university undergrad. EECH!!! Now I just have to find a job, find an apartment, u know the little things... (yeah right)

The good thing is I am FINALLYback on Jenny Craig. I gained 7 lbs over winter break!!! OY! I thought my consultant was going to hit me over the head lol. HopefullyI will get back on track, but with barely any real classes I will probably be doing a lot more drinking.

Stacy- I know what depression is like. My suggestion is to maybe start a journal and when you feel like exploding write it down instead. Or find a friend/family member that you trust who can remind you of the good things in your life (don't choose someone though where the phrase "misery loves company" comes to mind. I DEFINITELY know people who thrive from other people being worse off than them). Also, every morning maybe start a quote of the day. A phrase that makes you smile or feel powerful (I write these down in my daily calender).

Lockitup- I've always wants to try a work out class, but whenever I do I feel like there wasn't enough activity and I am better off on the eliptical or treadmill. What do you think?
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 11:36 PM   #21  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Cookie - As far as classes: I am not so much taking them for the sole purpose of the workout so much as for fun. For Pilates, I am too scared to take a class at the gym because those ladies look fierce! I have always wanted to do Pilates hard core but I lack the dedication to stay true to the videos for any longer than 15 min sections. For the dance class, the exercise is just a plus, I love dance and choreography, I have taken dance classes off and on since grade school. But I do agree with you about the fact that I couldn't just take the classes, but it will help in my mentality I think, having exercise permanently implanted in my schedule for a grade! It seems like the more I workout, the more I workout, if that makes any sense!?!?! I am still so nervous about that class tomorrow though eek!

Pilatesgrl - that's so awesome about the 5k. I really need to sign myself up for one!!!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 05:06 AM   #22  
Deeonamisson

Weight loss is all up to you. Yo dont need a cash prize to make yourself feel beter. It would help but whats money if you fee like crap. We pay thousands of dollars a year on stupid weightloss drugs and equptment when all you need is to change your lifestyle. How much money could you save if you changed your life? Look into yourself and you will win a bigger prize!!
Deeonamission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 09:22 AM   #23  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Well yet another Monday. I am moving this week so my life will be hectic to say the least. I need to actually start working more on counting my calories I have been stress eating a lot more than usual lately. Between money problems, having to work more because of said problems and the upcoming move I am very surpised I have managed to maintain. I only have 2 photo shoots planned for this week so my at home job will have to bring in the dough. I hate it, I would so much rather be taking pictures but what can you do eh?

jilly - how awful that they just brought people in and then swept them out when I am sure like you said many of them had been waiting forever and out in the rain even. Anyway sounds like you stayed dry, I bet you wont be able to qualify next year you seem pretty commited to you goals from what I can tell here in the forum.

Nosense - please do stick around, it is always easier when you have a group to support you and this group of girls is awesome! Good luck sticking with it this time.

Lockitup - OMG no counting calories, you are truly a rebel. I have too bad portion distortion and I would eat my entire house if I was not counting calories. PS: Love the avatar! I did catch emily rose and was not impressed with it in the very least. I would say skip it.

stacy - work at home jobs are awesome, cannot beat working in your pjs however most of the time they do not pay very much. How much were you looking for an hour?

jenn - oooooooh bahamas! I just went for my honeymoon and loved it there. I wish I were there all year round and not just on vaca. I am so jealous I am in a financial crunch and cannot even think about vacationing...

Andrea - it could be muscle gain, since it weighs more than fat. Judging from your ticker that last 7 lbs loss will probably be easier by toning up with weight training so it is great that you have started. and BTW congrats on all your progress this is the first time I had glanced down at your ticker!

michelle - that sucks about the boyfriend maybe moving. I know how it feels. In the relationship before my husband I had been dating the guy for 3 years and he was going to be going into the navy. I was a wreck, then I figured if it was meant to be then it would be, and after all If I really loved him I would want him to have the opportunity. Sometimes we have to hold on and go the extra mile for the good things in life. Friends - that is what got me through it (but we broke up anyway...)

lizzbabe - saw your pic in another thread you look great girl whatever you have been doing, keep it up!
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 10:08 AM   #24  
PACKERS FAN!

Hey ladies! Yes, I've been AWOL for the past couple of months, still lurking though. I'm doing okay. (Better now that I got a kick in the pants from Daisy Boo ). I am amazed at how much activity these boards have now! It's awesome.

Lock It Up & Chicago: I totally hear you on the "no program" thing. I've tried a bunch of different methods and I get so frustrated when I fail that I realized, I'm not doing this to get to the perfect math equation, but to do this for my long term self. I only weigh & measure myself once a month and it's more encouraging I think because I'm seeing a continual (though slow) downward progression instead of the weekly peaks and valleys. I wasn't ready to comitt to a life of counting calories or points and such, and to get over my eating addiction, I'm really focusing on eating when I'm truly stomach hungry and then eating healthy foods (lots of fruits and veggies!)

Has anyone ever noticed how gross you feel after eating fastfood or other bad things when you've been eating well lately? I'm getting to that point again and it feels so good to know I'm actually nourishing my body!

Jen: I love hiking! I live in Iowa and while there's bluffs in the area which are pretty to walk, it's just not quite the same as hiking in the mountains. I've never been to AZ and I'd love to see it sometime. My BIL used to live out in Cali and he invited DH to join him to hike Half Dome in Yosemite. They never ended up doing because DH hurt his hand just before, but that is one place I would love to get to the top of someday! You're lucky to be able to enjoy such beauty frequently!

Stacy: Sorry to hear about your emotional state. While I've never been depressed, I can always tell when I'm not exercising regularly. I have drastic mood swings and am frequently blue and down on myself. I know this might not be the only solution for you, but I encourage you to get up and be active! I hope you feel better soon!

Andrea: What are you getting your Masters in? I think it is awesome you are focusing on such an important topic!

Liz: DH & I got hooked on LOST this past summer when they reran season 1. We're both busy on Wednesday nights, so we tape it (yes we're still in the stone ages of no TiVo) and watch it Thursday. It's such a great show!

I hope you all have a great day!
fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 10:14 AM   #25  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuller
Has anyone ever noticed how gross you feel after eating fastfood or other bad things when you've been eating well lately? I'm getting to that point again and it feels so good to know I'm actually nourishing my body!
YES! I used to have fast food at least 3 times a week most weeks (I would get a huge McDonald's meal for the 4-hour car ride up to visit Jeff, we would have fast food dinner on the weekend, and then I would have a big fast food dinner for the 4-hour ride back home), and I LOVED it. I was ADDICTED to it. My biggest toss-up was McDonald's or Wendy's? But now I almost NEVER have fast food (maybe once a month), and when I do, I can feel gross after just a Happy Meal. I can't believe I used to get a SUPER-SIZED 2-cheeseburger meal with a regular soda AND sometimes a milkshake
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 10:49 AM   #26  

I agree I do feel gross- especially after my infamous binges where I run downstairs and grab/eat everything in sight (even my mom's weight loss bars fall to my prey --> I eat 3 of them during a binge so I guess that defeats the "weight loss purpose" but they are actually quite tasty lol). The thing is though in my head I feel disgusted but instead of stopping I just keep eating until I can't eat anymore like I literally can't lay down I am so full.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 11:41 AM   #27  

Thank you ALL for the support on the weight!! I was down 2.5 pounds today so my ticker is FINALLY accurate again... haha.

I want to comment to all of you, but I have to make this quick as I am at my internship.

Fuller, I'm getting my master's in secondary school counseling (guidance counselor)

Btw, BF got a job!! haha, he's been unemployed since he got back from his internship in Scotland (October). He doesn't start til March (he's field is turf grass management) but they gave him a house!! Ohhhh, it's old and small but FREE!! So it looks like I won't be homeless come May AND we'll be able to save a lot more.

Yea!
Andrea
AndreaHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 12:01 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Thank you everyone for your support! Still feeling pretty blue whenever I think about the family but being back in the gym has helped some. That nasty brochitus is finally almost gone. Thank goodness for that at least!

Fuller, I'm not looking for a lot of money. I don't even HAVE to work as far as bills (because of DH) but I just want to do something with my time. I don't want to just sit home for 6 months and feel useless.

Anybody have any ideas for stay at home jobs?
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 02:33 PM   #29  

Quote:
Anybody have any ideas for stay at home jobs?
Are you creative? Could you make something to sell at craft fairs or something? I used to design cards and stuff for (admittedly not much) extra money. But the making bit was fun for me anyway .

I completely get the junkfood thing. Still miss it though . A couple of days ago I'd arranged to meet my friend for McDonald's cos her bf was being and then when we didn't go I felt really (unreasonably) cheated...

I love fresh stuff; we always had it when I was a kid (highschool and the sweet shop next to the bus stop was what did me), but is still a treat for me or something - gotta work on that .

Ooooh, I went for a run today for the first time in ages (possibly a year) - my house was cold and I thought it'd warm me up. Who knew that dodgy heating and drafty windows could be such motivation? I went for 2 miles and only had to stop and walk a couple of times. I'm feeling very virtuous right now though . - conveniently forgetting that I had 3 chocolate biscuits earlier...
NoSenseOfAdventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 02:41 PM   #30  

stacy- it's not really "in the home" but you could be a dog walker! haha I always thought that would be fun...until it got messy
Pilatesgrl is offline   Reply With Quote