3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Help!!! I went dancing last night....Am I the only one? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/73668-help-i-went-dancing-last-night-am-i-only-one.html)

motivated120 01-21-2006 04:26 PM

Help!!! I went dancing last night....Am I the only one?

I went dancing last night and i was surrounded by skinny beautiful women and teenagers. Ugghhh, i am so depressed today about my weight. Am i the only one?

---motivated120---

Pilatesgrl 01-21-2006 04:36 PM

I get that way too! It's hard living in a very small town with 2 huge colleges and a tech school...2 high schools...skinny people everywhere! I go out dancing a the bars, and I feel so big and sweaty (well everyone is sweaty- it gets like 500 degrees on the dance floor)
144 is really a good weight though...I am "overweight" for my height. For anyone it could always be worse. I admire the women who go from 300 or more down to like 130. Then I get irritated with myself that I haven't dropped much weight. But it'll happen...all in good time!
Just think how many calories you burned while dancing! :)

motivated120 01-21-2006 04:58 PM

Well i was up to 175 a summer ago, but i lost a lot of weight. However, i have been close to 144 for almost a year and i am having a very hard time losing it. So, i joined and have been trying to stay motivated to lose the extra 30 pounds. I am 5'2", so the extra 30 pounds isn't all that flattering. My average weight in high school was around 100 pounds, but i am sticking to 110 because i know that i will never be able to get back down to a 100.

trnsfrmnreplace 01-21-2006 05:10 PM

Try living in plastic heaven... i go to nightclubs in Hollywood and it's nothing BUT skinny girls with fake giant breasts. Most of the time i feel as though they are going to fall over. haahahah.

angeleyezx 01-21-2006 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trnsfrmnreplace
Try living in plastic heaven... i go to nightclubs in Hollywood and it's nothing BUT skinny girls with fake giant breasts. Most of the time i feel as though they are going to fall over. haahahah.

ROFL!

Pilatesgrl 01-21-2006 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by trnsfrmnreplace
Try living in plastic heaven... i go to nightclubs in Hollywood and it's nothing BUT skinny girls with fake giant breasts. Most of the time i feel as though they are going to fall over. haahahah

haha ok- you win!!! :) Although I am surrounded by skinny girls everywhere, at least I dont have to worry about the implant/fashion/plastic part of it. This is minnesota, I dont know anyone with implants! Cost of living is dirt cheap I pay 250/mo for a downtown apartment. I can't imagine paying $300 for jeans like the celebrities! Did anyone see JLo's new jeans? they are SO expensive...all because the "button" is a massive diamond!

trnsfrmnreplace 01-21-2006 06:46 PM

hHAhaha..
Yeah.. a STUDIO apartment here is in the ranges of $800-1000. $250 a month... wow.. i could own a house. A two bedroom apartment could run from $1200-$2000/mon. Unless you score a deal somewhere.

Yeah it's really fake here and expensive. When i go out sometimes i seriously wonder what happened to natural breasts. You usually see more girls with implants then anything else, you tend to forget what "natural" looks like. Hahah. It's now a GRADUATION gift for 17/18 year old girls. RIDICULOUS! You just want to shake those parents and tell them that those girls STILL have years to grow.

stacylambert 01-21-2006 07:25 PM

Just jumping in the rent prices... I'm in Carlsbad, Ca and we have a ONE bedroom and it's 1165 a month! Granted we are about 2 blocks from the beach but the place is like 500 sq ft. You can be in all four rooms at once!

CookieMonster416 01-21-2006 10:19 PM

I went to a bar with my 4 best friends who are sooo thin last night. It sucks knowing that all of the guys that were starring at us was definitely NOT starring at me.

motivated120 01-21-2006 11:00 PM

Hey chica.
I am an Illinoisan too!! It sucks, I know. I didn't even want to go out tonight after the experience that i had last night.

kookiemonster 01-23-2006 12:43 AM

Ya I had the same experience last night. I usually don't go to dance clubs, more live music pubs and stuff. Anyway, when I get to the body I want, I'm definately going to be the one wearing the tiny mini skirt. heh heh. I don't care what anyone else thinks or sees, it's just the fact that I can do that.

Deeonamission 01-24-2006 04:44 AM

I'm the same. I don't know about you guys but all my friends are absoulotly stunning! I have issues going to the supermarket with them. It's just hard when you know what everyones thinking. Just imagin when we all reach our goals. We will be another bunch of chicks that have hot bodies and jealous chicks staring us out.

killingjanni 01-25-2006 11:01 AM

I used to always feel like the fattest girl in the place when I'd go out to bars to go dancing with my friends. Luckily, I've found a bar where there's a bigger variety of people who go there. The ones I was going to before were all really skinny barbie-types. At the bar I go to now, there's people of all shapes and sizes. Now I feel somewhere in the middle and I feel a lot more comfortable so I'm able to relax and have a good time. :)

Stephanie Osborne 01-25-2006 11:33 AM

Kind of o/t but like the same thing:

Whenever I get assigned to shoot high school sporting events I always get annoyed with the skinny girls who are there just gorging themselves on concession stand foor. I watched this one girl who was amazing shove a hot dog, popcorn, soda and chips into her mouth during the first quarter. Then when I walked by the concession stand during halftime to check for coffee she was buying a ton of candy. What I would give to have my high school metabolism back!

just_a_dreamy1 11-14-2007 07:05 PM

When I've finished reading all of the recent posts, I like going back further...and I came upon this post.

I don't know how many times I've felt big and fat at the bar (even at my goal!) beside all the skinny girls. It sucks! I've found that going out with my hair done and wearing something that makes me feel good really makes a differance. There's no way that I would ever completely stop going out to bars - I love to dance too much!

:cb: