Old 01-10-2006, 08:12 AM   #1  
Going all the way!!!

S/C/G: 183/183/130

Height: 5'2"

Unhappy Psyched up...NOT!

So, when you guys are having a bad day...as in sleepy, tired, depressed, anxious, annoyed, etc. how do you get yourself psyched up for exercise?? I was like this last night and still feel this way this morning...I'm fatigued, depressed, worried, distracted, gosh I could go on and on ...so when we got together for a workout last night I just wasn't into it! We started The Biggest Loser workout but I just wasn't in the mood for it so I turned on Kinetic instead thinking the kicking/boxing aspect would get me pumped...at first it did, but after about 10 minutes I was back in a slump. I was flailing my arms and legs around instead of using controlled movements and just generally not giving it too much effort. I kept reminding myself of how great I feel when I'm in shape, how great it will feel to be thin, how wonderful it was to see the scale move...you know, the usual things that DO get me motivated, but none of those worked!! I had eaten less than 700 calories by the time the workout started...maybe it was a blood sugar or energy thing?? Ack, I don't know...

On a positive note, I DID NOT overeat as a result of all these emotions, which is a huge step--I mean, I told Dana what I REALLY wanted to do was skip the exercise and get a Big Mac but I did really well and kept to my calorie allotment for the day!!

Anyway, if y'all have any tips I would love to hear them!!
TheNewChristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 01:12 PM   #2  

I have an anxiety issue, and I find that just getting there, slamming on my head phones with some upbeat, popy music (Yes..Brittney Spears, Christina and I have a great relationship ) and hop on the machine, I feel much better. Also, I find that sitting for a bit, futsing on the computer, and then working out after I've gotten over it a bit works as well.
Arian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 01:33 PM   #3  
Bread is my Enemy.

I know for sure there are certain days that I wanna bask in the grease, (esp hormonal days) but I come here to 3fc a lot and I read the exercise board, I stretch a lot before my 5pm appt at the gym and if Im STILL not feeling up to it, i force myself to go to tthe gym, get changed and get on a machine, usually the endorphins start kicking in and all is well. Some days its a struggle, the the payoff is in the end, and on the scale, and in the complete looseness of your clothing.
BrOOklyN ChIcK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 03:41 PM   #4  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

it's just like when you don't feel like going to work or go to school.

You don't have a choice. You have to pay bills and/or attend lecture.

Just like working out, you have to do it.

I go through this also. Some days I just really don't want to be at the gym. I force myself to go and sometimes I end up having the best workout. There have been times where I go and I am just so out of it....but I go through the motions and eventually I am proud of myself just for going.

Don't give in to your emotions...it takes lots of determination to fight through all those BAD voices in your head that say..."just skip workout", "you can work out more tommorrow", "no one will know that I skipped today"...."it's ok, just this one time" before you know it...you have talked yourself into the McDonalds drive through and then later your guilt starts to hit and you go pig out on everything in the pantry....ok, maybe not, but you know how it goes.

BE STRONG

STAY MOTIVATED

STAY DETERMINED

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 04:06 PM   #5  

And remember that we are here for you and eachother! <3
Arian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 04:07 PM   #6  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

I hate to say it, but if you're not psyched up, you're probably just not going to be. I think everyone has days (****, weeks) like that. You just have to push through. It sucks, because this process is so much more fun when you're really "in it" but those moments don't last forever. Once you start giving in, it's hard to come back.
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 05:55 PM   #7  
I like jewelry.

Height: 5'7"

Do just a little bit. You managed some of your kickboxing workout, right? And like Spillthebeans said, we can't make a workout schedule around when we feel like exercising. We have to do it.
TBJ333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 09:10 AM   #8  
Going all the way!!!

S/C/G: 183/183/130

Height: 5'2"

Thanks guys for all your advice/encouragement! Yes, I did finish my workout that night, I just know I didn't give it my best shot and probably didn't get a lot out of it. Luckily I'm feeling MUCH better today and unless we have to go visit my husband's grandfather (he just got out of the hospital) I will be rockin' and rollin' with The Biggest Loser tonight for sure!!
TheNewChristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 12:23 PM   #9  

What do I do? I usually tape an hour long show and watch it on the eliptical. Like this morning for instance, I taped the new Gilmore Girls last nite and was sooo excited to work out so that I could watch it. Or if there's nothing to tape I will go to Blockbuster and rent a good movie. Although I guess this only works if you have a tv available... Maybe go with a friend so you can chit chat. Instead of a lunch date do a work out date.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 03:14 PM   #10  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Christy it sounds like you kind of did things right under bad circumstances.. Thats what seperates the people who lose weight from the people who don't.. perseverance even when you want to stop.. or don't even want to start. Plus, not giving into food cravings is major!! I'm glad you're feeling better.

This thread is really motivating to me. Its always good for me to have a reminder that exercise IS NOT optional or negotiable or always as exciting as I want to be.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote