Old 12-16-2005, 03:25 PM   #1  

Question Help!!!

Hi Guys,

i'm pretty new here...i'm 23!! i have a question.... i've been folowing a strict diet (possibly too strcit) for a couple of weeks now and i haven't lost any weight. I'm going away for spring break and i was hoping to lose 20-25 pounds by then. I workout usually 5/6 times/week but with finals i haven't got to the gym much this week. Can anyone give me some tips.

Also...if my calories are too low will that prevent me from losing weight? i'm eating under 1000 most days.
crazysexycool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 04:02 PM   #2  

Eating under 1000 is WAY to low, especially if you are working out every day. I am guessing that your body has slowed its metabolism (exactly the opposite of what you wanted) because it thinks its starving. Which it kind of is in a way. Its the way the body protects itself.
You can still eat extremely healthy, but higher calories and I am guessing you will see more results then. Try to make sure to get adequate calcium and protein (also carbs and fat) because Ca and Fat are linked in studies to promote weight loss. Drink the milk, eat yogurt and cottage cheese! Also make sure you drink a lot of water (I believe it is 64 oz normally, and more if you sweat/workout) because your body will function (and drop the pounds) better if you drink the water. Goodluck!
-Also...if you aren't weight training, its a good idea. You might not drop all you wanted for your vacation, but you'll end up looking/feeling better if you do it this way, rather than the way you are dieting now...guaranteed.
Have fun on your vacation! I wish I could go! haha
Pilatesgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 06:36 PM   #3  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

under 1000? damn whats happening is well your starving! there is an old saying eat breakfast like a king lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper. very good way of doing it as your metabolism slows down as the day progresses. if your training 5/6 times a week you should be eating loads more than that! when i was training 6 times a week i was on upwards of 3000 a day and still losing. the metabolism is like a furnace if you feed it twigs it will be low and warm feed it with trees and it'll being roaring hot.

all in moderation though still need to burn off more than you eat. what kinda of training do you do?
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 11:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I just had the same thing happen a few weeks ago. I wanted to meet my Christmas goal so I decided to be *really good* and only ate 1200 calories a day. Well at my weight it wasn't enough and I didn't lose anything in 2 weeks. I increased it to 1600-1800 calories a day and since I've dropped ~ pounds a week (I also workout 6-7 days/week). It's soooo backwards of what you'd expect, but it really works. I'm not sure what you weigh but the minimum a day is usually 1200. Since you're working out I would say you could easily lose weight on 1200-1400. Good luck
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote