Old 12-14-2005, 02:43 PM   #31  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Hi everyone, I'm finally getting around to eating my lunch ( I wish!), and thought I'd stop by. It's been a crazy busy morning, rather unexpectedly! I have been trying to juggle a problem I'm trying to finish up for my research and writing my law school personal statement. The personal statement got more attention, but it's almost done. I need to keep myself motivated! I hate writing these!

In other news, I'm getting excited about Christmas I started writing out Christmas cards last night and have about half of them done. The tree is twinkling in the apartment and now I just have to come up with a South Beach Diet friendly menu for Christmas dinner! Maybe there will be a couple of cheats but I don't want to go overboard. My friend is twisting my arm to go to the couples' party I talked about before - she assured me that there will be a few other "loners" there too! So I think I probably will stop by. I could do with a dose of Christmas cheer!

I hope you all have a great afternoon! Jenn, I'm very sorry to hear about what your parents are going through and how it's affecting you. Hang in there, and just know that we're here for you!
crk05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 04:15 PM   #32  
Mikey's girl

WOW How fun!! I didnt even notice these!! Happy hoilidays everyone!!
JustForUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 06:26 PM   #33  
12 pounds lost in 2006

hee hee you are so funny Justforus
mocha74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 06:44 AM   #34  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

jenn--hope things get better for you guys! Family problems are so difficult to deal with, and being the holiday season sure doesn't help any. Come vent anytime!

Jeff and I both played hookey yesterday. He took the day off to go to the DMV (since we moved in together in Virginia in mid-October and all his car stuff still said Maryland), and I had a dentist appointment (just don't tell my boss it was actually at 3:20, and I normally work until 3, so I didn't really need the day off ). We spent the whole day running errands, and then I went out with a group of ladies for dinner, so all I had was a real lunch and dinner, no snacks, and only a Special K bar for breakfast, yet I still managed to go a little over 2000 calories Man, this time of year sucks for dieting...good thing it's good for so many other things! In any case, 2000 calories for me (since I'm still well over 250 pounds) isn't actually all bad, so I'm not going to beat myself up over it.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 08:49 AM   #35  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Hi everyone! Just stopping in for a quick hello since I have to leave for school shortly.

I hope you all are having a great week so far (it's almost over!). I've been busy working on a school project and law school applications, and I'm getting excited that the applications are almost done! My husband and I are going to help some friends move tonight, so we should get a great workout. But they're having for dinner, so I'll have to make sure that I don't go too crazy! is my favorite pre-diet food!

Have a great day, and those of you who have finals going on, best of luck to you!
crk05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 09:59 AM   #36  
Egy Kis Lany

Phew. I managed a steak dinner with my boyfriend last night and stayed under my calorie limit. I cut it in half (it was a filet wrapped with bacon... drool) and immediatelly put the half aside for lunch today. I had 1 cup of green beans and .5 cup of potatoes. So all in all, it was great! (Though I did eat the full piece of bacon yesterday so that I wouldn't have to force it down today... or something...)

And now that I'm at work I remember that it's free lunch day to celebrate the holidays. So I have steak and 1/2 cup of potatoes all ready for lunch tomorrow! *smile* And maybe tonight I'll remember to set aside some veggies to bring in, too.

I'll be excited when this season is over, it mostly just makes me tired.
PhysDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 11:41 AM   #37  
Bahamas '06 or Bust!

S/C/G: 179/167.8/115

Height: 5'6"

Thanks girls. I feel a little better. Everything will work out in the end. And if it doesn't, I'll make it.

I'm going to be heading out this afternoon for a 4-5 mile walk/jog w/ my little sister. She came home last night for Winter Break and we stayed up late gabbing last night. She is the actress in the family - very vain, dramatic & self-centered, but I love her. Of course, she thinks everybody loves her. She looks like she gained about 10 lbs from her first semester in college (her lightening fast metabolism is slowing down but her love of cookies and pizza is still going strong ) so we'll see if we can't get most of that extra weight off of her by the time she returns to school next semester.
Isla_Bonita115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 12:13 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Jill, don't feel bad! I had *gulp* 2200 calories yesterday. I had a big lunch because I was planning on having a turkey sandwich for dinner but then while we were at the gym my husband decided he wanted to go to out last night. So I had a big lunch AND big dinner. It's not too bad bc I like to have one or two high days a week for the metabolism boost (usually not quite that high though...)

I got my big paper finished finally! I have to go here in a little while to turn it in. One online test and I'll officially be finished with this semmester. Woot woot!
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 01:06 PM   #39  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Wow, I don't think I posted on this thread yet!! I have been reading it every day though!

I haven't even started my Christmas shopping. I'm flying home to LA on the 21st and I was planning on doing it all then, so it's going to be a crazy few days! This weekend I'm planning on baking cookies and mailing them to my grandma and my fiance's parents and grandparents. Hopefully I will be able to get them all in the mail instead of in my stomach!

I have been cooking up a storm lately, unfotunately not a very healthy one. Last weekend I had a sweets craving and none of my usual substitutes were in the house (like fruit), so I baked brownies. For Ben's birthday I made him a lasagna (low-fat cheese, but really that doesn't make much difference) and a self-saucing chocolate pudding (with ice cream). And then today to use up some cranberries I made orange cranberry flax muffins. I guess they're not really that bad for you, but there sure are a lot of them!

The main reason I haven't posted much is that I have been working like crazy to finish up final projects and stuff . . . This one project was supposed to be due Tuesday, but some of the provided material didn't work (it's a programming assignment), and they didn't get the corrected material up until late last night, so now it's due Sunday night. Ugh! I don't want to spend my weekend working on it, so I think I might just turn it in unfinished (it's only like 7% of my grade total). Tomorrow I have a big final exam (50% of my grade!!) so I've been studying all day today. Good luck to the other ladies who are taking finals!

About the christmas parties . . . I have skipped out on social events because of food in the past, but after keeping up my healthy lifestyle over a year now, I have a little bit better self-control. It took a long time to get here though. Anyway, I guess it is lucky then that I have very few friends in the area, so no christmas parties to go to! Just my parents' big christmas dinner when I get home (and since Hannukah is on Christmas this year, we might have latkes too . . . mmm, latkes!).
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 04:53 PM   #40  
Living the Laguna life...

Happy Friday, everyone! Does anyone have exciting plans for the weekend? I am going down to a friend's cabin by Yosemite with 10 of my best friends, so it should be fun! My only problem is going to be eating right for three days, stuck in a cabin with nothing but goodies lying around...yikes! My friends now I have lost lots of weight though, so I will just eat well and let them stuff all those cookies in their mouths!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote