Old 11-26-2005, 05:35 PM   #1  
Sunshine Mendez

Talking I'm new here, but not to losing weight!

I wanted to find a site like this for a long time. So I want to leave a little about myself here.

Let's see.

I've not always been overweight. I was 120 pounds in high school. I ran 30 miles a week and was in Varsity Track and Cross Country. I got married at 19 to a man that called me fat on a daily basis even when I was a size 7. I was depressed through my seven years of marriage and ate away the years.
I'm now happily divorced and wanting my body back. In July I made a decision to not drink coke (my greatest addiction). I was on a 6 cokes a day habit. I started drinking diet green tea (Arizona brand) and shed 5 pounds by mid August.
I signed up for an Aerobics class at the college I'm attending and we measured ourselves at the beginning of the semester. I was 196 pounds and now 3 months later I'm 179 and I've lost 5 inches around the chest, 4 around the waist and 5 around the hips. I'm so excited about losing more that I signed up yet again for Aerobics and added Pilates to the mix.

I'm not exactly on a diet. I try to eat less and eat quality foods. I avoid coke like the plague.. My body isn't exactly the way I want it in the end, but I love the results I have gotten from working out.

I hope I get to know a lot of you and I hope I can become that skinny girl that I once was.
smendez1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 05:53 PM   #2  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

You will love this site. And congrats on your weight loss so far.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 05:57 PM   #3  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

Sunshine Mendez!

We are all here to help one another and achieve our goals.
I would suggest joining our upcoming challenge for the month of December when it goes up.

Congratulations on the weight loss and the husband loss! You deserve the world and someone who appreciates every inch of you.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote