3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Funniest thing said to you about your weight? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/69030-funniest-thing-said-you-about-your-weight.html)

yesitsmeagain 11-23-2005 09:30 PM

Funniest thing said to you about your weight?

I just remembered this story from many years ago, and I think it's pretty funny so I thought I'd share it with you guys. Please add your stories about the weirdest thing anyone has said to you about your weight as well!

I think this happened in grade 12. I had lost about forty pounds over the course of 8 months, and I guess this really nerdy guy in my class just noticed. We were walking to our cars in the parking lot one day after band class and he says to me, "So, exactly how much weight did you lose? You look really good now." I was just SPEECHLESS! Thanks for implying that I was UGLY before! But it gets better- after I mumbled something about losing some weight he proceeded to ask me on a date! What a winner of a guy *LOL*!

LockItUp 11-23-2005 11:28 PM

I had someone say "So what, are you dieting and exercising and stuff or just starving yourself and throwing up?" Sheesh, I sensed a little bitterness!

CurvaceousCutie 11-24-2005 12:31 AM

My grandparents went out to eat with my aunt and uncle that i rarely see, but my grandpa just kept raveing on about how beautiful i was all thru dinner and thats all he talk about..BUT HELLO wasnt i beautiful be4 then i guess wasnt n that kinda hurt ya know :)

YP1 11-24-2005 12:53 AM

I once had a client whisper to me in the middle of an important meeting "I don't mean to be rude, but what the **** are you doing, because I want to do it too"!

Trendle 11-24-2005 11:31 AM

When I was in middle school I had to go a diet for medical reasons, at the time I didn't even know that I was considered overweight, and I ended up losing like 25lbs. One day I went over to my grandparents house and one of my uncles was there and made the comment that I looked very nice and had I lost weight? To which my grandfather replied, "Yes, she's finally down to the size a girl should be." Because 13 year old girls don't have enought image issues, right?

Yogini 11-24-2005 11:35 AM

Well, when I was a pre-school teacher, a new child asked me "Teacher, how come your butt's so big?" (keeping in mind that they are eye level with my rear and they couldn't help but constantly see it :D ).

mocha74 11-24-2005 01:26 PM

I was at a birthday party that my mom was throwing for someone and one of her old friends that hadn't seen me in years didn't even recognize me and when I told her who I was she said "oh my, you look like a chocolate barbie doll." I thought it was pretty hilarious.

healthyme05 11-24-2005 05:38 PM

A great aunt once told me my arms looked like sausages. :(

teahoney 11-24-2005 06:25 PM

A few months ago I saw someone that I hadn't seen in a couple of years. I wondered why she didn't say hello. When my sister asked her if she remembered me she said, "Oh my goodness. I didn't even recognize you, you gained soooooo much weight." I said, "Did you have to put so much emphasis on the sooooo?":mad:

stacylambert 11-25-2005 12:21 AM

When I was little my brother always made fun of me. One time I was playing around on the floor and he said I looked liked a walrus trying to walk on land.

teahoney 11-25-2005 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stacylambert
When I was little my brother always made fun of me. One time I was playing around on the floor and he said I looked liked a walrus trying to walk on land.

Did you give him a good kick in the mommy/daddy button??

Yogini 11-25-2005 01:27 AM

An alcoholic boyfriend I had (when I was too young to know any better) once said, when I sat on the ground wearing a big brown dress, that I looked like a stuffed Hefty bag with a head on top. I dumped him shortly after this incident ;)

srmb60 11-25-2005 09:58 AM

I used to have a uniform that had a sort of peplum styled top. An elderly fella told me I was "poured into that suit pretty snug."

Universityprincess 11-25-2005 05:32 PM

I used to drink Diet Coke and one day my baby sitters grandson (I was 9) stole my pop. I yelled at him and no one had ever heard me tell before and he said "that's what all the blubber is for." I was about 5'1 and 130 pounds.

I disowned my aunt or as I call her, my mother's sister for this, but when I was about 12 or 13 she was walking behind me and noticed that I have very slim calves. She said "wow, she's thin on the bottom but then she just BLOWS UP." I was about 5'3 or 5'4 and 180

I also disowned my grandmother ( now called my father's mother) because of her comments. We were talking on the phone and I told her I gained about 15 pounds since she last saw me. Her response? "You were a big one before, but I guess as long as you are not 300 pounds." The time she saw me I was 5'5 and 230 pounds.

dani4beauty 11-26-2005 02:11 PM

My son used to pat my belly and say, I can't share my candy.

Now he pats my belly and says, "You are getting skinnier mom."

He is 6 years old.