Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2001, 09:09 PM   #1  

Angry new girl says hello

hello all you twenty somethings.

Bit of a biography headed your way as means of introduction - sorry to bore you all!!

I`m British and 24 and have been unhappy about my weight forever. Not that I`ve ever been dangerously overweight, but always that 20-30 pounds heavier than my friends. Anyway, I decided to do something about it properly after I graduated and ended up getting totally obsessed/bulimic/stupid about the whole thing. Fortunately I recognised that I was heading in WAY the wrong direction so I just stopped for a while.

Anyway, I finally feel like I`m ready to tackle it again without turning into a nutcase. I`m on a low-carb diet and so far so good. Lost about 6 of the ultimate 28 that I want to shift. My immediate goal is the first twelve pounds coz that takes me under 140 which I`ve not been since i was, oh, 15 or so???

Anyway I just wanted to say hello. Ireally hope I`ll be able to become friends with you all and that we can offer encouragement about lots of things, not just the boring old diet!

Best,

Fuschia
Old 06-08-2001, 10:35 AM   #2  

Smile Welcome Fuschia

I know exactly what you mean about becoming obsessed with losing weight. I'm taking is slowly and it should take me a while to lose 50 pounds but I love healthy foods and I love to go walking andI'm determined to look good through the whole process and not just as the end result ! I hope to hear back from you ! Good luck !!!
Old 06-14-2001, 10:40 PM   #3  

I just want to say hello and good luck reaching your goals.

I too am new to this forum. Most of the people in my life have not had to deal with weight issues and so I look forward to having a place where I can communicate with people who understand my struggle.

Any tips on staying motivated to diet and exercise when weight loss is not yet apparant?
Old 06-22-2001, 03:09 PM   #4  

Hello all

I'm almost at the 30 something age, but I know what you mean. Ever since I was 21 I've was stuck at 140-150. After I had my son I struggled getting back to 140 and after alot of exercise I did it then I had a little girl 1 year ago and now struggling again to get of 15-20 lbs again. It really stinks. I'm at 160 and trying to get back down to my 9's. I'm 5' 7" so 140-150 is good for me.

I also do Sugarbusters which works really good for me. When I started that 3 years ago I lost 20lbs in a month, but for some reason this time it's not being that easy.

Hopefully soon.

Take Care girls
Closed Thread