Old 11-21-2005, 11:45 AM   #1  
Chuggin' along...

Default Weekly Chat 11/21-11/27

Good morning ladies! It's almost afternoon, actually - 11:45 and no one has started this week's thread? I've already been out doing field work and been driven back inside by crappy weather.

The play was this weekend and it went really well. The audience seemed to like it a lot. And yay, it's over, I can sleep again. I ate lots of junk food at the cast parties and ate crap at home too. I ran Saturday but it poured buckets all day yesterday. The only good thing that I did this weekend was bring a veggie platter instead of Banana Cake to the cast party, and sign up to bring lightly dressed green beans to our office Thanksgiving lunch tomorrow instead of pie.

I don't feel like I have anything very constructive to say today. Sorry ya'll. Crap food, crap exercise, pants are tight. And Thanksgiving is almost here. I hope everyone else is doing better than me!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 12:39 PM   #2  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Now there's a first--the two of you created the same thread at the same time! Can't say I've ever seen that happen before

Anyway, Megan, I'm glad your play was a success! I used to do drama in high school, and I remember how stressful the week before performances could be, so I'm sure you'll be in heaven with all the extra time this week. be good to yourself--you've earned it!

As for me, I went way over in calories this weekend out of sheer laziness. I simply made convenient choices rather than healthy ones. I also made smoothies for Jeff and me on Saturday (half and half, frozen strawberries, and bananas) and milkshakes last night (reduced-sugar vanilla ice cream, skim milk, banana, and peanut butter, and then another round with chocolate and no banana--YUM!). I'm watching the calories very closely today and tomorrow to keep myself within a normal average range for the week. I also skipped the gym this morning since I have SO much to do at work, so I came in about 5:45am instead of my usual 7am. I'm not sure if I'll make it to the gym tomorrow, either We shall see...
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 01:14 PM   #3  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Hey girls.
So 8 days of no exercise and the last 4 of those days I ate terrible. It's really amazing how little it takes to get off track, but I am going ahead. Already did 90 mins of cardio today. I am a little discouraged thinking of trying to make up for last week and trying to prepare for Thanksgiving at the same time, but the worst that can happen is that my weight loss will be stalled for a little while. I just want to be at or below 155 by the end of the year.

Megan - I am glad that you're play wen't well! I'm jealous of the rain! It's still in the high 80's here and the sunshine gets obnoxious sometimes.

Jill - I just noticed, 40 pounds gone! Woo hoo!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 03:56 PM   #4  
12 pounds lost in 2006

Hi ladies,

Just trying to get in the swing of things again. I did pretty well this weekend with eating and exercise even though the scale say's I gained .8 of a pound. TOM is still here so that can be a factor. I am doing good at work so far, but the chocolate is calling my name URRGGHHH!! I will not give in though!

Stephanie - Looks like you're doing great getting back on track. Stick with it!
Jill - I am all too familiar with making those "convient" choices howerver the smoothie sounds yummy
Megan - Congrats on the play!
mocha74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 04:50 PM   #5  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

=dances around=
Hi everyone.
Hope you all have a GREAT day/night
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 07:09 AM   #6  
Eating for two!

Thanks, Stephanie!

Yes, I am officially down 40 pounds. However, I need to lose a lot more still! I carry a lot of weight around my middle, so I know I need to step up the cardio. I went to David's Bridal last night to try on a dress for my sister's wedding. This is the one I'm getting:

In that color, too (apple). Now, it only goes up to a size 24, and of course, formal dresses tend to run small (I currently wear a size 22 pants). Last night, I tried on a size 22 (it was the biggest they had in stock), and it wouldn't zip up all the way. So now, I am ordering this dress in a 24 and need to be able to pour myself into it by April! I busted through these last 10 pounds pretty quickly, so I need to keep up the pace. I'm sure I'll also be investing in some *ahem* supportive undergarments as well
Old 11-22-2005, 08:28 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

Jill I think you will definitely meet your goal. April gives you awhile to lose the weight in a healthy way. BTW that is a gorgeous dress! I love the color.
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 08:35 AM   #8  
Chuggin' along...

Good morning all,

Jill, what a pretty dress! I'm sure you'll look wonderful in it. Supportive undergarments are the secret best friend of us all in formal dresses. I went to David's to try on a bunch of bridesmaids' dresses for my sis's wedding a few months ago. I wonder if she ever decided which one she wants me to wear? Hmm...

Stephanie, way to get back on the wagon and do all that exercise yesterday. Recovering from a binge and Thanksgiving is a lot to deal with, but it sounds like you're already doing what you need to in order to get back on track.

It got so windy yesterday that it was blowing 30 mph by the time I got home. I tried to run against the wind, but ended up powerwalking (both from being out of shape and the extra wind resistance). Food was not great, but I kept it under 1800 calories and pretty good protein/fat/carb ratios, which should at least be a 'maintenance' calorie #.

Today is our office Thanksgiving lunch. I brought lightly dressed green beans, so there's something I can eat without guilt. I know if I don't eat I'll feel really deprived, so I think I'm going to shoot for reasonable portions and selecting the 'special' foods instead of taking some of everything, and eat a light dinner tonight.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 11-22-2005, 08:45 AM   #9  
Chuggin' along...

Oh, I forgot I wanted to share with ya'll a new kind of instant oatmeal I've found (yes, I know instant is evil and blah blah -). For a 36g packet it has 120 calories, 6g fiber, and 4g protein, and no sugar added! It is really yummy and has cranberries in it, so I'm hoping it promotes UT health too. But now I forget the name, darn it. I got it in a blue box at WalMart. I'll look at the box tonight for more details.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:49 AM   #10  
Eating for two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan1982
Oh, I forgot I wanted to share with ya'll a new kind of instant oatmeal I've found (yes, I know instant is evil and blah blah -). For a 36g packet it has 120 calories, 6g fiber, and 4g protein, and no sugar added! It is really yummy and has cranberries in it, so I'm hoping it promotes UT health too. But now I forget the name, darn it. I got it in a blue box at WalMart. I'll look at the box tonight for more details.
I LOVE instant oatmeal. I know "steel-cut" oats are supposed to be better for you for some reason, but I don't think theres anything wrong with instant. Oatmeal in any form is still a whole grain, so it's still better than a lot of other choices you could make.

I eat the Quaker Reduced-Sugar strawberries n' cream and peaches n' cream, and the Quaker Weight Control banana flavor. I have a packet of oatmeal almost every day. YUM! I love it because I can bring just the packet to work in my purse and dup it in a styrofoam coffee cup in the kitchen, add some hot water from the coffee pot, and voila!
Old 11-22-2005, 10:18 AM   #11  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Oatmeal, instant or regular=YUCK!

Jill: That dress is beautiful! You will definitely be able to get where you want to be by April. By then they may have to take it in a little!

Well I am pleased to report that I was back at my PRE PIG OUT weight (163.5), so that gives me today and tomorrow to lose like 1/2 a pound and I will be please with my official weigh in! I think that is realistic. My original Thanksgiving goal was 159, and I set that back in August and I was 186 the day I set it. I came pretty close. Even if I don't lose anything and stay at this weight, that's with in 4.5 pounds! I have never set a goal that far away and even still been working on it before, so that's more exciting that anything.

I had an interview yesterday. It went well. It is at a suppliment/health store, so that would be perfect. It seems like there's always a catch whenever I get excited about a job, so I guess we'll see.

I hope you ladies have a wonderful day full of compliments and motivation!!!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 11:47 AM   #12  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning Ladies.

Pretty Dress Jill!

On oatmeal. the instant kind w/ sugar isn't so bad if it is eaten in the morning....your body will burn it up that day, and of course you just eat one serving.

I am trying to get rid of this cold I caught this weekend. I want to be able to taste all my food on Thursday. I have my mind made up that I'm going to eat what I want, and now this happens. Maybe my body is trying to prevent me from going overboard.

today will be a quiet day at work-yea for that...so I'll catch ya'll later.
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 01:16 PM   #13  

WOW! What a beautiful dress!!! My sister is getting married in September and it's that wine color as well (gorgeous color). They seamstress measured me and even after losing a good amount of weight I am still the same size!!! grr (cuz my stomach isn't cooperating and not getting smaller, you can't spot reduce so parts of my body are a smaller size but my tummy keeps me up there). And the rude lady said, "You don't want to order the smaller size and try it on and not be able to zip it up." I was like HA you just wait when you see me next.

I am soooooooooooooooo nervous about Thanksgiving. It's a paradox... this is what is going on in my head:
THE DEVIL: It's Thanksgiving, it's a holiday once a year with my favorite foods and favorite friends/family will one day of enjoying and possibly gaining a little weight back really kill me? I'll just buckle up after and work even harder to lose the weight.
THE ANGEL: I have been so good on my diet and if I eat on Thanksgiving it will totally sabotage me. Do I really need all of the food to have fun? It's not like I will never get to eat the food again if I don't eat it this week. Just think how happy I will feel AFTER when I still fit my jeans.

And of course being home from break all of my girlfriends from high school want to get together at a bar and have a ladies mratini night downtown... just what I need after Thanksgiving.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 01:57 PM   #14  
Living the Laguna life...

jenna, i totally know what you mean! i just sent out an evite for dinner and drinks and more drinks the night after thanksgiving...ah!!! my personal opinion (and this is just my opinion) -- thanksgiving is supposed to be a great day to have fun and see family. what makes this not fun? when i stuff myself full! that makes me not have a good day. so i am still going to go to all the fun things, but just remember that i don't like the way i feel after eating too much!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 02:19 PM   #15  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Purdy dress Jill!
As for Thanksgiving, my family and I are going out to eat and so the portion sizes will be controlled (you know how fancy restaurants are, they never give you McD's portions!), and the food will be pretty healthy. I think I am going to have halibut for Thanksgiving dinner! And no desserts in the house, so that will help enormously. And there won't be any leftovers to eat. Brilliant. This should be the easiest Thanksgiving ever.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote