3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Tattoos & Piercings anyone? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/68176-tattoos-piercings-anyone.html)

jenicra 11-09-2005 10:29 AM

3 Attachment(s)
MMmmm... I used to have a bit of an addiction to piercing. I probably went it nearly weekly for about 6 months a few years back. Luckily, it wasn't just me, I was bringing my friends: I think I sat through 2 nose piercings, 2 tongue piercings, 2 cartiladge piercings, a rook piercing, and an eyebrow piercing.

But anyway, I've got a rook (one the left - obviously not me, but it's the piercing on the top, I found this photo and I swear this guy looks just like my husband! Too weird!), a snug (the middle), and an industrial (the one that's left! And this one isn't me either). And I've got two regular holes in one ear, three in the other. I have my nose pierced three times in a little triangle shaped with tiny, tiny little studs and I loved it, but 2nd grade teachers with facial piercings are typically frowned upon, so I took them out. :(

For some reason, I don't have any tattoos. Mostly, I wouldn't know what in the world to put on my skin that I'd want to live with forever.

shrinkingchica 11-09-2005 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenicra

For some reason, I don't have any tattoos. Mostly, I wouldn't know what in the world to put on my skin that I'd want to live with forever.

That is exactly how I feel. Plus, I am a bit of a perfectionist and I would probably end up staring at the tat and finding flaws in it!!

lucky_me 11-09-2005 05:27 PM

That's funny that you mention that. As one of my little rewards for hitting my goal weight, I was going to get a tattoo. I have always wanted one, but I figured I should wait until I lose the remaining 40 lbs. I don't want to get one and then have it look all weird and stretched out if the skin tightens up or whatever.

I used to also have a little fettish with piercings. I have 5 total in my ears, and for awhile, my nose was pierced. I am also going to get a belly-button ring after I get down a little more. =)

stacylambert 11-09-2005 07:09 PM

Thanks guys :)

The whole weight thing is why I got my first on my ankle. I figure minimal shrinkage as I lose weight compared with the back, hip, etc.

Mazarin 11-10-2005 07:57 AM

I think that's my worry, what would it look like when I succeed with the weight loss!

lucky_me 11-10-2005 09:24 AM

that is true, the skin around your ankle really probably can't change that much- but I really want something on my lower back.

KamsMoMa 11-10-2005 12:31 PM

deleted

Laila_girl22 11-10-2005 07:54 PM

I have my ears pierced. I had my tongue pierced many years ago, but took it out. I have a purple rose tattoo on my shoulder. I have plans to get one more tattoo on my lower back as a reward after I get to my goal weight. I also might like to get my nose pierced.

sara g.

FishWoman 11-11-2005 04:54 PM

I have three tattoos, but only my ears are pierced (1 hole per ear). I used to have three piercings in my left ear, but the top one kept getting infected and then I eventually let the middle one close up.

I have a 12th century scandanavian/tribal dragon on my back (upper right hand corner). That was my first. I got it because I am of norweigan and swedish descent and wanted something to reflect my heritage.

On the side of my right thigh I have an abstract line drawing of a swan that i created myself. I got that one to remind myself that I am not an ugly duckling, but am a beautiful swan.

Also, on the left side of my abdomen, I have a coloured piece. It is the earth, done in blue/green and inside the earth I spelled "GAIA," the earth goddess. I designed it so that it reads GAIA both right-side-up and upside-down. And circling around the earth it reads "respect your mother".

stacylambert 11-12-2005 01:03 AM

FishWoman, your Earth one sounds beautiful! You wouldn't happen to have a picture you'd be willing to share?

lucky_me 11-12-2005 01:04 AM

Fishwoman- I was thinking about getting a swan too- for the whole ugly duckling into a swan. :) Could you show us some of them?

Angelia 11-12-2005 04:05 AM

Hello,
I have cute flowers going down my neck, the nickname my grandpa gave me Sassy on my left upper arm, flowers on my right shoulder blade, a string of apples on my lower back and somewhat down the middle with a bite taken out of the apple in the middle. The normal two holes in my ears and my tongue pierced twice.
Good thread..

sugarbutt 11-13-2005 11:46 AM

i just have my tongue... my ears i cant have piecings cause when i was younger a boy tore my earing clear through and its never goin heal... I dont have any tats yet... wanna get one someday maybe after i have my first kid that way the pain(which i am afraid of) wont be as bad.

charolastras 11-18-2005 11:54 AM

No tattoos, but I've got a lip ring. :)

sjdphc 11-18-2005 03:12 PM

I have a chinese zodiac sign (mine being capricorn) tattooed on my lower back. I thought I was going to pass out when I got it! :dizzy: I also have two piercings in each ear.