Old 10-26-2005, 08:19 PM   #1  

Unhappy It's one of "those" days...

You know those days where it seems like all of your efforts are for naught? Despite losing an inch here and there this month, the scale has ceased to move. I'm working out more, cardio and strength and I'm eating less, but I have yet to lose anything. I was dead set on getting under 200 by the end of the month, but unless a miracle occurs I'm not going to be there. It's bothering me, despite trying to not let it.
Has anyone else experienced this? I'm feeling alone.

I want to join a gym to have access to other types of cardio machines and circuit training, but a few things are holding me back:
1. My weight - I'm embarrassed to go to the gym as heavy as I am.
2. Money - I live less than a mile from a Lifetime Fitness, but it's outrageously expensive. Our Community Center has a new fitness center and while it's not as expensive they don't offer monthly payments so you have to pay for the whole year up front. There's a Curves about 2 blocks from my house, but I know alot of people who go there and I don't want to work out with the entire town.

Am I making excuses? I've been trying to be upbeat and tell myself that the weight will come off. Maybe I'm just having a bad day, but this sucks. I'm even starting to rethink the marathon that I'm supposed to walk in April. If I can't lose any weight how am I going to carry my big butt 26.2 miles! Maybe tomorrow will be a better day, but for now I'm
byebigbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 08:51 PM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I totally feel ya! Sometimes it just feels like no matter what, it's fat forever. As far as the gym thing, I understand all of that. I lucked out with the gym I am at, 15 a month, and no contract. But you have to do what's best. I sometimes just like to do my workouts at home even though I have a gym like a mile away, but I wouldn't know what to do without it. It just depends. You can make it without one, but it sure helps! Keep your head up though!!!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 10:58 PM   #3  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

I know how you feel. This month has been bad (weight loss-wise) for me too. I don't understand, I am doing everything the same and not one pound has been coming off. Ugh it is frustrating.
I also know how you feel with the gym situation. If I were in your situation I don't think that I would go to any of the options. But you have to exercise somehow. You seem to been doing well on your own, though. Push comes to shove I would try to disern which was the lesser of 3 evils and go with that option.
Good Luck.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 11:09 PM   #4  
My Motivator = Jillian!

I totally know what you're saying ... it sucks when you feel like you're really doing good and then the scale won't budge! It makes me crazy ... actually I've quit too many times in the past because of it but I really think it's something that happens and maybe next month you'll lose like crazy! Maybe you're not eating the right balance of foods? I don't know, I wish I knew more and could help you but you're definitely NOT alone in the plateau world ... and though things seem to suck now, they'll look up! You'll see!
SunnyKells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 10:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

Byebigbutt- I'm in the same spot as you. I was hoping to be under 170 by the end of the month. Now here I am 4 days away and I haven't budged a pound in three weeks. I have also upped my workouts this month and lost a couple inches, but no weight. I

don't have a gym membership because of the expense either and pretty much give up running (my main form of cardio) over the winter. Not quite there yet and still comfortable for me to run outside, but once it starts getting below freezing I don't even bother planning a run, because I know I will skip the work out. I HATE running in the cold.

I am trying to counter act my winter workout boredom by doing something new. New piece of gym equipment (I'm talking cheap like an excercise ball, medicine ball, excercise bands) or a new video for cardio. Right now I am doing the Winning By Losing program (by Jillian Micheals). I really love the circuits she does. They are kicking my butt!

Stick with it girl. We will make it. Just keep shedding those inches and eventually the scale will catch up.
skinnyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 02:55 PM   #6  
Chuggin' along...

Byebigbutt, I'm sorry you're having such a rotten day (or were? hopefully you're in a better mood now) but try to focus on the inches you've lost this month and stick with it! Inches are important - in fact more important - than the scale! I mean if the scale moved but your clothes never got any looser and your body didn't change shape, what good is that.

I can totally empathize with not wanting to go to the gym. In college I was *terrified* of going until finally, my senior year, I sucked it up and went. At first I was nervous, but after a couple of visits I thought hey, no big deal. I had to get to the point where I was there for ME, not for what other people thought of me. And all of senior year, I was heavier, but I went to the gym and got my sh@# done and felt all the better for it.

I understand about money too. Maybe paying the year-long membership for the community center will actually make you go more? Otherwise, is it really so bad if your neighbors know that you're going to the gym? Maybe working out with people you know will actually help you. I like working out with friends because we encourage each other. Maybe you could turn what you see as a negative into a positive. Good luck and I hope you're feeling better.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 04:59 PM   #7  

Thanks ladies. I am in a better place today. I'm going to tell DH to put the scale in the trunk of his car so I can't use it anymore. I'll weigh in at the end of November. I'm getting DH a membership to one of the gyms for Xmas so I'll probably just get a family one and go with him.

Thanks for the support. It helps alot.
byebigbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 03:07 PM   #8  
Pending Email Confirmation

Next months will be your month, don't let it get you down!
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote