Old 10-15-2005, 07:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 156/156/128

Height: 5'3"

Default Been asked if you are pregnant lately?

Cause I have! Try twice in five weeks! My optomistrist asked me just this week, and I'm down 13 lbs! I told her no, but I just had a baby. She said, oh really? How long ago?? .....Grrrrr.....9 months.......
aovercast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 12:07 AM   #2  
Melting Butter

omg...I'm so sorry that happened to you. That really sucks.
I can't say this is happened to me. But I know the feeling. Even though I've lost weight, some people don't even notice and it sucks. Granted, these people I don't see often. But it's dissapointing when I'm all excited and no one notices.
Congrats on your 13 pound loss! That is wonderful! I know it and you do too. Don't let ignorant comments like that get you down...well not for too long. (We all get mad and hurt sometimes). You just stay proud of what you've done! Baby, husband, and those great 13 pounds...soon to be more I know!
healthyme05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 11:00 AM   #3  
All That's Left of Me

I can totally relate! That's really what got me going on my diet. I had been pushed to the head of the bathroom line at a star theatre. It is a mortifying experience!
amandaholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 02:19 PM   #4  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

I can't believe a doctor would say that in the first place!
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 01:33 AM   #5  
Determined

I can't believe she wouldn't just say oops, I'm sorry! Wow!
happydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 11:14 PM   #6  
Proud US Navy Wife

I had one woman ask me once if I was expecting.. I can feel your pain, its a horrible thing to hear!
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 11:34 PM   #7  

I can so relate to your embarressment! Its been awhile back but I had went into town for an appointment and ran into a old school friend that I hadnt seen in maybe 10 years? She asked when my baby was due! lol My youngest at the time was 5 years old. I walked away feeling humiliated and depressed me for weeks.
Jewelz76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 11:59 AM   #8  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

A few months back I took my DS in to his pediatrition for a checkup (18 month one I think) and the doc who we've been using for years, says in front of my DS,DH, DD#1 &#2, well it looks like you're going to be bringing me a new patient in a couple of months huh? (as she motioned toward my stomach) I looked at her and said not unless you know something I don't. SHe looked confused and then understanding her mistake turned really red and said oh gosh I'm so sorry, but the damage was done. I was near tears and left the office and went and sat in the car while DH stayed with the kids.
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 08:06 AM   #9  

I have had the same thing happen. a few times actually, god! i think i've lost count. The most recent was last week wheni was trying on clothes in a shop with my 2 kids with me 5yo & 1yo. She said oh when's your next bub due? i said, i'm not having another one. She said oh sorry.
I put all my stuff back & left. it not a nice feeling at all, you just don't know what to say.
AussieEm81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 08:28 AM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I didn't have any kids at the time and some guy in the grocery store looked at me carrying 2 gallons of milk and then looked at my stomach and said... oh you go first. I could tell exactly what he was thinking. ROFLMFAO !!

On the way out I thought to myself hmmmmmm this could be useful.... NAH !!!

Thats just one of the countless times people thought I was pregnant. I had one woman poke my stomach and ask if I was pregnant... what knuckle heads.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 08:52 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 262/259.2/160

Height: 5'6

Unhappy Can Relate!

I first would like to say how sorry I am to everyone who this has happened to...I know how much it can really hurt a person to be asked that dreadful question.
Unfortunately I can say that I know how this feels. I had been asked this question 3 times within a span of 4 months - by people that I had only just met. In my thoughts the people were complete idiots - the first two times I was drinking when they asked me and the third time was a store clerk (at our cornerstore we go to) as I was buying a pack of smokes.
And I just started a new job 2 weeks ago and was asked the same question by 2 of the residents I take care of.
It is very hurtful...and not easy to forget. I guess my feeling on the subject is that you don't ask if you don't know. I just wonder how soo many people can be soo insensitive.

Kari
kl_life is offline   Reply With Quote