Old 10-14-2005, 08:14 AM   #16  
Going all the way!!!

S/C/G: 183/183/130

Height: 5'2"

Man it IS quiet in here...I think everybody moved over to the pants poll!! LOL Just had to report I'm down another 1/2 lb this week...maybe my plateau really is broken!! WOO HOO! Have a GREAT weekend everyone!
TheNewChristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 08:40 AM   #17  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Well, since it'sbeen quiet, I'll at least say...I lost 2.75 pounds at my TOPS weigh-in last night I needed that...I've been stuck in the same weenie 3-pound range since early August (279-282), but now I'm at 276.25!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 09:10 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 264.2/264.2/150

Height: 5'5"

My ob put me on Yasmin bc. he said it has a diuretic (sp?) in it that helps avoid the water retention sometimes associated w/ other bc pills. So far so good, but I am having an very long period since starting the pills also, today is day #15! I use to only go 5 days...Cant take it much more, LOL. I still have pms like emotions, and cravings...although I have managed to avoid them so far. Instead of chocolate i have been indulging in Dannon La Creme strawberry yogurt...Love that stuff, LOL.

My biggest obstacle right now is that no matter what or how often I eat, I feel like I am starving, I am eating between 1200-1600 cals per day so I know that I am getting enough nutrition. Actually I am technically Eating MORE than before I started this diet because before, at least HALF of my calories came from soda! Now I only drink diet soda when I absolutely must have something sweet to drink, but mostly water. Is it normal to feel so hungry when you first begin a weight loss program?

Sorry to butt in w/ my novel, LOL.
Hope You All Have A Great, Healthy day!
Jldsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 09:43 AM   #19  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Jldsgirl: It will get better!!!

Jilly & Christy: That's awesome. I am having a good week too!!! My "official" weigh in is Sunday, but so far I have lost 3.5 lbs. If I don't blow it this weekend it could be more...YAY!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 10:17 AM   #20  

HI ladies,

You guys are right, this board is kinda slow. Maybe none of us have anything exciting going on right now?? Or maybe we are all too busy. I don't know. Not much new around here. Except I did break my 2 month plateau. Today I weighed in at 157 (lowest weight since college so around 10 years...but still a long way to go). If that weight is correct then I'm down around 3 pounds this week which is unheard of for me. If it goes back up I won't be upset because I'm NOT going to let it throw me. I haven't lost much since the beginning of August but I took my measurements and did lose 1/2 an inch on my waist and hips so I knew I had to lose weight sometime. I think the weight training (even though I"ve only been doing it a week) has kick-started me again...plus I"m trying to be more diversified and not ALWAYS do the bike. I also fit into a coat with room to spare that I have NEVER been able to button. I just bought a new "fat" coat last year and it's gonna be WAY too big now. YAY!
Not much else going on. My baby boy (6 years old) is losing his front bottom tooth. He's such a big boy. It's coming in behind the baby tooth though. The baby tooth is wiggly though so I don't know whether that's normal or not. He has a dentist appointment for the end of the month anyway.

Hope everyone has a good weekend! I hope we can all stay on plan or close to it!

Good luck!

Amber

Last edited by AmberM; 10-14-2005 at 10:30 AM.
AmberM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 02:11 PM   #21  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Talking

Wow, congrats to all you Ladies for Losing!!!! I hope its contageous...I could use a nice lose. Even one lb!!!

Jldsgirl: Don't give up!!! It takes a while for our brains to catch up with our new eating plan. We are ususally satisfied, but our brain is saying..."hey, that's not enough food, you are eating less, I'm hungry!" I think actually that is the little sitting on our shoulder saying that. It takes a while for you to adjust mentally to your new plan. Good Luck, you can do it! Just keep on keepin on!

Ladies have a great weekend & let's try really hard to eat right and exercise! WE can beat these weekend mishaps!

Good Luck everyone and have a great weekend!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 02:58 PM   #22  
Chuggin' along...

Congrats on everyone for losing!!! Sounds like many of us have had a good week. Keep it up!

All the sudden TOM decided it was going to leave last night (oh, that crazy uterus o' mine) and this morning 2.5 lbs of water weight was gone. WHEW. The moral of the story is: Megan shouldn't get on a scale, period, at TOM. The results only freak her out. The other moral: Megan should get more sleep. Being tired makes her very irrational, and is responsible for her freakout yesterday. Thanks for the support Stephanie & co.

Jldsgirl, it's pretty normal to be very hungry at the start of any weight loss program. It can take a few weeks for your body to adjust to your new eating style, and also for you to learn 'true' hunger. You didn't really say what you're eating other than less soda, but certain foods will make you feel satisfied without adding as many calories - things with lots of fiber, fruit, veggies, be sure to get enough protein, etc. For me hot things help when I've really got the munchies and I'm not truly hungry. If I want to snack at night I'll have a bowl of oatmeal, or I'll drink some tea. Also water, water, water!

I already told BF that instead of going to happy hour w/ him and a friend tonight I'm going home to run after work, and also that I'm not drinking tonight. That's my start for a healthy weekend. Have a great weekend ladies!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 03:36 PM   #23  
Going all the way!!!

S/C/G: 183/183/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan1982
Megan shouldn't get on a scale, period, at TOM.
Haha, no pun intended?
TheNewChristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 03:37 PM   #24  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Megan! Good for you, that is so awesome, you will feel great after your workout! What a way to start the weekend off!
LMAO, at the period & no scale, period.

I brought my workout clothes with me to work, that way, I can't go home first and talk myself out of going to the gym.

A nice Friday perk at my gym...it's pretty empty. I can do whatever I want and move from machine to machine freely. Yeah for the small things in life!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 04:24 PM   #25  

Good Job everybody on their weight loss! I did get on the scale today, I couldn't help it. I'm glad I did 2 of the 4 lbs I gained last week came off. I am working so hard to get my caloric intake down. Yesterday I stayed around 1200 and today looks the same. Just hope I can keep it up this weekend.

I did my Power Yoga yesterday. I realized how poor my flexibility is now. Next on my list is pilates. I think I'm going to alternate them next week.

The weather is wonderful here so I'm hoping to get out for a hike this weekend. I started jogging again last weekend and my sides are soooooo sore. I can hardly bend to either side. Maybe my love handles will be eaten by my big muscles.

Well I hope everyone has a great weekend!
byebigbutt is offline   Reply With Quote