3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   My favorite food I can never have again... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/66212-my-favorite-food-i-can-never-have-again.html)

byebigbutt 10-03-2005 10:42 PM

My favorite food I can never have again...

I made breakfast for dinner last night. Something my mom used to do and my daughter got so excited when I mentioned it I thought why not. I made pancakes and scrambled eggs.

I then realized why it is I can never again make pancakes after, oh I don't know about 6 servings later. I used to eat pancakes daily and gave it no thought. I love them. They are sweet but not too sweet, with butter and syrup they're just soooooo good.

But I must say goodbye, :faint: it is the one food I can not eat just one of. And with a gazillion carbs they are just not friendly. Maybe I'll have them once a year, like on my birthday. :devil: Why, oh why can't we live in a calorie free world? Why can't we eat what we want, when we want?

yesitsmeagain 10-03-2005 10:51 PM

Hehe, I don't feel the same way about pancakes as you do, but I definetely sympathize as I have the same problem with ICE CREAM and PEANUT BUTTER! If I could only eat those foods the rest of my life I would be happy!

amandaholly 10-03-2005 11:23 PM

mmm...for me it's a big honkin' slice of Jet's Pizza (Deep dish with pepperoni and extra parmesean and garlic sprinkled on top...dipped in ranch of course!)

*Amanda blushes as she realizes how hot she's getting over the mere thought of her forbidden food. "Hey, who needs a guy anyways", she exclaims aloud to the empty room*

Tee Hee

jillybean720 10-04-2005 10:21 AM

mmm...peanut butter...reduced-fat skippy...**wipes the drool off her chin**

As for the pancakes, since you have to mix up the batter and stuff, maybe you could just make less batter? Cut the recipe in half or even a third so it just doesn't make as many pancakes--if they aren't there, you can't eat them!

miss michelle 10-04-2005 12:17 PM

i usually treat myself (probably too much) to the things i really like...ice cream, chocolate, PANCAKES...but i almost NEVER have a hamburger, fries, and milkshake. MMMMMMM SO GOOD BUT SO MANY CALORIES!!! also, i havent had fast food in probably 6 or 7 years.

paperclippy 10-04-2005 02:19 PM

It's funny you should mention pancakes because I ate way too many on Saturday! At least I made them with reduced fat Bisquick and used "lite" syrup. But even so, too many calories!

My trick for allowing myself treat foods is to make sure I only have one serving available. If I only have one brownie, I can't eat 10 of them! If I only have one slice of pizza available, I can't eat four! After a year of working on that, I finally have some control over myself. But I still binge on foods I love, just to a lesser extent. I will still have a bacon burger, fries, and a milkshake, but I will feel engorged after eating most of the burger and sharing the fries and milkshake with my BF.

Actually, come to think of it, I help myself eat less by giving food to my BF. I'm like "I should only eat one slice of pizza, but I really want it, so let's order a medium and you can have the rest of the pizza" and then he'll eat like seven slices. :o

trnsfrmnreplace 10-04-2005 05:02 PM

I wish i could say that about chocolate. i LOVVVVVVE chocolate.

WastedThermos 10-04-2005 10:14 PM

I remember thinking once (and being really sad about it.. :lol: ) that I was never going to find a way to eat cinnabon in any healthy lifestyle. Like, seriously. When is it ever ok to have like..a 900 calorie cinnamon roll?

byebigbutt 10-04-2005 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paperclippy
It's funny you should mention pancakes because I ate way too many on Saturday! At least I made them with reduced fat Bisquick and used "lite" syrup. But even so, too many calories!

I know what you mean, I used the reduced fat Bisquick and lite syrup but it doesn't really make a difference when you consume 6 times the amount you're supposed to.

And my husband is our human garbage disposal, but there's only so much he can take in. :D

2frustrated 10-05-2005 10:34 AM

I also palm food off on the DF! I *make* him eat the other half of my chocolate bars!

I have a MEGA healthy pancake recipe. Now to me they taste the same as american breakfast pancakes, but you may disagree!

2 eggs (whole eggs - I suppose if you used egg substitute that you US guys have over there = less calories)
1/2 cup raw oats
1/2 cup cottage cheese.

put eggs & cottage cheese in blender. Blend very well. Dump in the oats, blend even better! then fry in a non stick pan. This should make 2 pancakes.

If you make yourself the special pancake recipe and everyone else proper pancakes then when you've had your 2 pancakes, there's none left of your special pancake recipe, so you'd have to make another batch! Just an idea!

Lizzie - I totally feel your pain with the 900 calorie bun! Stuffed crust pizzas are probably similarly sinful!

byebigbutt 10-05-2005 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2frustrated
I also palm food off on the DF! I *make* him eat the other half of my chocolate bars!

I have a MEGA healthy pancake recipe. Now to me they taste the same as american breakfast pancakes, but you may disagree!

2 eggs (whole eggs - I suppose if you used egg substitute that you US guys have over there = less calories)
1/2 cup raw oats
1/2 cup cottage cheese.

put eggs & cottage cheese in blender. Blend very well. Dump in the oats, blend even better! then fry in a non stick pan. This should make 2 pancakes.

If you make yourself the special pancake recipe and everyone else proper pancakes then when you've had your 2 pancakes, there's none left of your special pancake recipe, so you'd have to make another batch! Just an idea!

I have to admit this sounds weird and I'm having a hard time envisioning this to taste anything like pancakes, but I am going to have an open mind and try it. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for the tip and recipe.

miss michelle 10-05-2005 06:25 PM

i had to add one more thing in here...bagels and cream cheese. like, a hot noah's bagel with some yummy not reduced-fat or -calories cream cheese. YUM!

lizzbabe 10-06-2005 12:14 AM

I have made the cottage cheese/oats pancakes before and like them..you can add pumpkin to give it a little more flavor or any number of fruits. I tried to feed them to my BF though and he could not get over the texture. Oh well more for me :)

2frustrated 10-06-2005 04:16 AM

Liz - I never had any problems with the texture :?: I reckon if you wizz them up enough, it's all smooth and lovely! I love 'em anyways! :D

lizzbabe 10-06-2005 06:07 AM

They are denser than normal pancakes that is all. Like I said, it's no problem for me but he noticed right away. Funny because I can feed him soy meat products most of the time and he never says a word!