Old 08-31-2005, 10:46 AM   #31  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

justforus--so, renting out a local convention center for your daughter's big 0-1?

Ugh, SO glad I am DONE with textbooks! I only took one math class in college (Calculus 1 my very first semester--I had tried to get out of it or take a lower level since I didn't even take a math class my last year of high school, but they said my SAT scores were too high to be dropped a level. Umm, hello, there was NO calculus on the SAT!! But I survived and am not at all bitter ). I also did not take ANY English or Science classes throughout college (had credits for English from my high school English class and took a CLEP exam to test out of the sciences), and now what do I do? I edit and proofread technical documents, many of them very highly scientific as they are for the EPA and their water and soil testing methods. How did I end up here?!

Well, the scale gods seem pleased with me this week--should have an okay loss to post after tomorrow night's TOPS meeting My feet hurt and MAN am I tired! I got home around 11 the past 2 nights in a row, so when that alarm went off at 4:30 this morning, it just wasn't happening. I ended up not getting out of bed till 5:30 (which is when I normally leave for work), so I was a little late And I have to work again tonight--better make some big bucks!

I have been hunting for furniture on Craigslist.org. I may have found a blue la-z-boy recliner to buy for $100 (not bad since they can retail for over $400). So I may be treking out to Woodbridge to pick that up this weekend...other than that, no plans for the holiday weekend. How bout you guys--anything exciting for the upcoming 3-day?
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 11:11 AM   #32  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

It's my first-year anniversary this weekend!! I can't believe we've been married for a year already!
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 11:11 AM   #33  
Going all the way!!!

S/C/G: 183/183/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustForUs
Yes, I know.... TRUST ME I KNOW! I wanted it to be smaller but Mike and his mom wanted to invite the world! they know WAY TOO MANY people, plus Mike plays hockey and we are close to all the family's on the team... WAY TO SOCAIL! LOL
We invited everyone we know to our little guy's first one too...it was huge and EXPENSIVE!! We had a cookout complete with hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, cole slaw, potato salad, pasta salad, cookies, cake...the works. The first one is really more for the grown-ups anyway, so why not go all out?? Next year will probably be just close family and friends, ice cream, a cake, and cheetos. LOL

No real big plans for the holiday weekend...Saturday night is the start of Dawgs Season so I'll be glued to the tube from 5:30 kickoff until whenever! Otherwise I'd just like to get in plenty of exercise, maybe go to the lake or something...we'll see. Hubby will probably have to work all 3 days, so it will mainly just be me and the little one...

Congrats on the anniversary jenicra!!
TheNewChristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 11:22 AM   #34  

wow Last day i got trashed with my mom and her friends... i dont remember what time i went to bed.. today i dont have a hangover yet cause i still feel drunk... today i applied for jobs on base and i will get them to give me a bus pass they give you one for free cause they want you to come to work... that way i can use it to get to work and go the gym i am a cheater..

well i was talking to my hubby about haveing babies we have already been discussing it... he wants to wait and i dont... and we are goin get tested to see if were fertile cause for one we never use protection and for 2 i aint on birth control and 3 still no baby.... so one of us is broke... hopefully him so i can get some nice looking black mans sperm(from a sperm bank of course) cause mixed babies are so cute.... even though my hubby is white... it doesnt hurt to dream...hehe

and you guys are so great my hubby says that i am cheating on him with you guys...hehe and i cant help it there so many different threads and topics that are so interesting and i cant read them all.. actually this is THE BEST forum that i have been to i dont even know how i got to this website.. but i am glad that i did i am on here like everyday for a few hours( i know i know i should be exercising)......

hey this is an off the wall question but does anyone know when the new episodes of 7th heaven are goin start... i love that show but i dont watch much TV and i cant find it anywhere on the internet...

today i am thinking about going to the 3 mile track thats on base or the 2 mile track around a park.... just to go walk it cause i can go later at night when its cooler cause they dont close..... but i dont know how i wil feel in a few hours.... until then we will see

hey o how do i change my profile thingy for this site i have been trying to figure it out all day i am a total blond no offense to real blonds lol but dang i did it before and now i cant figure it out
sugarbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 11:43 AM   #35  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Happy Hump Day Ladies, this is it! OUr last day to cram in August minutes of exercise!

Where did this month go?

Hey Jenicra Congratulations on your one year. I remember ooohing and awwwing over your beautiful dress w/ the red sash. Wow, it's already been a year. I guess it's true time flies when you are having fun! What are your plans for the weekend then?
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 03:37 PM   #36  
Going all the way!!!

S/C/G: 183/183/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Argh!!!

I just got word that several gas stations in Atlanta have already closed, some here in Athens where I am currently are closing, and some in Gainesville (another large-ish city nearby) have started to close, but not before gas hit $3/gallon!!

The Colonial pipeline that feels gas to Georgia is completely without power, so the governor (Sonny Purdue) just lifted the clean air gasoline mandate and the trucking mandate that doesn't allow them to drive 24 hours so that we can get fuel in the state. Luckily I filled up yesterday morning for $2.55, but the station was still at $2.55 when I came by this morning and I should have topped it off!!

What are we going to do?? I have to drive 40 min to get to work...and there is no public transportation in my area! Everyone just pray that the pipeline gets fixed soon or there are going to be a lot of Georgians out of work b/c they can't get any gas to get there...not just that they can't afford gas, THERE IS NO GAS!!
TheNewChristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 05:50 PM   #37  
Mikey's girl

jilly I WISH it was at some rec or something, but nope. Its at our house, we have a decent size house, right around 2595 sq ft. We are getting a big tent for the back yard, and yyup we;re cooking.!! I must be CRAZY now that I tihnk of it!!!

christy!! oh my!! it is 3.33 here in michigan!! I hope you get gas soon!! I cant beleive this, everytihng int his past year has been just nuts!
JustForUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 06:04 PM   #38  
LivingDeadGirl

S/C/G: 325/250/165

Height: 5'7"

fae...i hear ya...isn't it crazy some of the things that make you feel guilty now
christy...good job exercising!
justforus...yeah that's a huge birthday LOL...but if you can do it, then that's great...it'll make it more special
Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 06:20 PM   #39  

here gas was 2.50 yesterday.. and that 3.33 stuff better slow down cause i am movin to michigan and if its that high i am goin go insane....
sugarbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 09:37 PM   #40  
LivingDeadGirl

sugarbutt i hear ya...gas is crazy here...3.13

jenicra...sorry i missed sayin this earlier but congrats on the anniversary...goes by fast doesn't it
Old 09-01-2005, 12:08 AM   #41  
All That's Left of Me

*(using her best Beavis and Butthead impression) Uhhhh hu hu hu...GAS...heh heh heh...yeah yeah...she said gas!

*Overly tired and ashamed that her typing couldn't do the stellar impression justice, Amanda leaves the thread. She plans on blaming this post on lack of sleep, or possibly insanity*

Amanda
amandaholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 12:33 AM   #42  
Sara G.

I used to live within biking/walking distance of work.... I lived right in town (Rochester MN). But now I live with my brother, 20 miles away. I wish I lived in town still.... I feel really bad for the folks that drive further than me! How long do you think it would take to bike 20 miles?? Too bad I couldn't do it anyways.... I think I'd get in trouble for biking on the Highway!

It's really too bad for those people in New Orleans. I take it for granted where I live.... but I still want to move away!

Hope you ladies had a good day!

Sara G.
Laila_girl22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 06:30 AM   #43  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Gas is only (haha, only ) $2.79-2.99 here (depending where you go--further from the city is cheaper), but I'm sure it's well over $3 in the city (DC). And come October, I am moving to Alexandria where I will have to drive 33 miles each way to work--right now, I only drive 12, so I will be more than doubling it!

I think tonight's weigh-in will go well...I am definitely down according to my home scale this morning, so as long as I don't go on any crazy binges before my TOPS meeting, I'll be good to go for I think at least a 2-pound loss
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 08:47 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

I am lucky to drive a company car so I don't have to pay for the gas...good thing since I almost fainted to see the Impala take $42 in gas to fill up yesterday!
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 08:51 AM   #45  
LivingDeadGirl

amanda...LMAO you're a riot

sara...which town do you live in? I live in Austin (MN) and used to live in Rochester...also lived in a house in Oronoco for awhile too

jill...good luck at the weigh in!