Old 08-25-2005, 10:33 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

Wow I didn't realize Thanksgiving was coming up so quick--I really want to be at my goal weight by the time I go home for Christmas so I would definitely be in for a long-term challenge. Let's figure out some details.
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 09:13 AM   #47  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Jenicra- I would love to do a challenge! To make my birthday goal next year I have to stay on strack and be 177 (or less) by christmas. So letsee.. 3months.. I need to lose about 18lbs by then. I will do it and challenge will help me stick to my plan.
Doing the August challenge has been really interesting for me. I'm learning to see my "patterns" of when I'm doing well and when I'm not. I don`t think I am going to make my goal unless 400minutes of exercise falls out of the sky, but I'm still glad I'm doing it.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 11:48 AM   #48  

Hi its a wonderful friday and hopefully ill get on the bandwagon in time to talk to you guys all week... i have nothing better to really do but be on the computer and exercise... rightnow i feel sick cause i think i took 2 Tylenol 3s instead of two 400mg montran ... so i am kinda waiting for this feeling to go away....

I had a pregnacy scare this last few weeks i am late on my period so i went to the hospital and it came back negative so i had to make an appointment for a pap test.... to see what the heck is wrong with me.... today i am goin to go the gym i need to loss all the weight that i gained... not exerising is really bad... hopefully i can get back on track.. i am also goin to ask my docter what kinda diet is best for lossing weight.. and see if she can give me any pointers to help me out.. besides all that the 21st was me and my hubbys 2year wedding anniversary... fun stuff went to a movie and then went to taco bell (lol its a thing between me and him).... anyways i gotta get off here and take care of my hubby he just has surgary and i gotta take care of his little hurting body....
sugarbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 02:57 PM   #49  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Happy Friday ladies!

Only 5 days left to the August challenge.

I am going to have to workout 2 nite, sat, and sunday! I can do it!

I'm up for a new challenge also! I would love to be at my goal weight and maintaining by the holidays.
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 03:01 PM   #50  
Proud US Navy Wife

Talking

I know nothing about cars.. so I can't even join in the discussion! *cries*

I've been lazy since I've come back when it comes to tracking myself.. I haven't! I did do well eating-wise yesterday, and did a whole lot of walking (a total of 2 hours, I believe, trying to get things done). I just checked my scale and I haven't changed, which makes me happy.. I was really bad when I was away!

So of COURSE, what am I doing this weekend but going away again! At 2 am yesterday morning myself and 2 of my friends decided that since we are all free this weekend we are leaving (at 11 pm tonight i might add) to go to Virginia Beach! Which means I get to see Brian one last time! Plus, I can sneak onto the base (one friend who is going happens to be in the Navy, so he can get us on), then call him and say "I'm heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere".. payback for all the times he came home and surprised me! hehe I'm excited! And once again strapped for cash.. we shall see what happens! So let's hope I can behave myself food-wise... plus... I start school again on Tuesday! More random fun...

I'm blathering again.. don't mind me.
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 04:32 PM   #51  

Crying in my drink today. I just took down my sons crib, and put his big boy bed together. Actually I stood, and watched my bil do it for me.

I was totally fine with it, but then he tossed the bed skirt on the floor, and I picked it up, and burried my head in it. I felt like I was having an anxiety attack. I wanted to stop Mike, but I knew I couldn't. He is napping now, and I just feel so sad.

I was totally fine till I went to pick up his bed skirt. Then I just fell apart.

Sigh.
ChristinaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 05:47 PM   #52  
All That's Left of Me

Christina, I totally empathize with you! I remember taking my son's crib apart and crying until I was choking...tasting that metallic taste you only produce when you're really sobbing. They get big so quick. I know that sounds cliche' at this point, everyone says it...but it doesn't really ring true until it happens right before your very eyes...with your own baby! My heart goes out to you. Like that song goes "hold on to every moment that you can". Before you know it, he'll be running through the door into his kindergarten class, unconcerned and completely oblivious to the fact that you are watching him from outside the door...tears welled up in your eyes. Children are such a blessing...especially when they are breaking your heart.

Amanda
amandaholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 03:46 AM   #53  
Proud US Navy Wife

Ok well right now I am SUPPOSED to be on my way to Virginia. Obviously, I am not. Reason being I waited for 3 hours for my friends to pick me up (the same friends who took me jogging with them, btw), ended up crying and telling my mother and my bf, whom I was so excitied to randomly visit.. THEN I get the call saying they are comming for me, and when they arrive, are welcomed by a very angry mother, and a me who's only reason to want to get into that car is to get to said bf, and not really wanting to be with them at all...

Mom yelled a lot for them standing me up, to which friend replies "Well it was her idea, I said I would take her..." And here I am thinking "Um, ok. Yes, it was my idea, I wanted to go. But you are the one always saying we should go on a roadtrip, and I happened to have the weekend off, so i thought it would be a fun group thing. I did not hold a gun to your head and demand you take me, I suggested it and you said ok lets go. And no matter what kind of arguement you had, that is no reason for noone to call me and let me know if we were going or not. It is also not a reason to hang up on me when I was ON THE PHONE, not answer your phone afterwards, and then finally turn it off so I would no longer call you."

Ok so a completely off topic random post. I am just not a happy Fae. Not in the least bit. Bf is disappointed (when I called him I told him we had been going to come down and visit), but I look at it like this: this is not the first time she has stood me up, not by a long shot. I may have missed out on seeing him, but I got rid of a not good person for me to be around.

Now here is a question: Do I sound *****y about it, or as if I am not being fair?

I am an extreamly paranoid person. I'm just wondering if I was wrong.

And if not.. oh well I rant and feel better.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:36 AM   #54  
All That's Left of Me

Fae - You were totally justified! Some people are just plain mean, and careless with the feelings of others. These are the people I try to avoid. I used to have a bunch of "friends" that were like that too...you know, caught up in themselves and their own self-imposed daily dramas. People like that never change...they're called narcacists (sp?)...and they aren't worth the trouble and hurt feelings that they cause. Whatever you do, stay away from that chick...even if she appologizes later on. So sorry that you didn't get to see your bf again, I know how much you were looking forward to it! Was this your only chance...or could you try again next weekend?

Amanda
Old 08-27-2005, 03:05 PM   #55  
Proud US Navy Wife

Amanda - yea it was.. even if I didnt have work next weekend, he's leaving on thrusday. And I'm ok with it now, feeling better.. just took a nice hot bath and I'm calm, but still not willing to ever speak to her again. And this, I know, can only confuse me.

On a completely different note: Scales confuse me. I have one of those dial scales, and every time i step on it, it seems different.. I get on and it says 204, I get off and get on again and it says 200. Right now its staying stuck at 200.. I think its because I'm hungry! Any ideas from anyone as to when is the "correct time" or whatever to weigh yourself, so its accurate? Lol I just want to take the smallest number, but I'm not sure if it's right!
Old 08-27-2005, 06:06 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

I always weigh myself right after waking up and peeing...before eating anything. Hope this helps it be more consistent! Weighing in once a day and taking a weekly average is a great way to get an accurate number.
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 11:35 PM   #57  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I agree with lizzbabe--I weigh myself in the morning right when I wake up, after I pee, before I eat or exercise. That way, I know I'm pretty much as "empty" as I'm going to be for the day! even if I ate or drank something late the night before, it has had hours (while I was sleeping) to digest, so it would make sense to me that this would be the most accurate and consistent time to weigh oneself.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 12:23 AM   #58  
All That's Left of Me

Okay, I too weigh in the morning (every morning) after I pee...in my birthday suit My only gripe is the darned bathroom mirror. I mean, what could possibly be more freightening than the vision of my own wide @ss reflected in the mirror??? I try not to look...but the bathroom is small and the mirror is right there so that when I step on the scale my back is to the mirror, but for some reason I always get a view of my stark white @ss wandering into my periphrial vision! Okay, I know I'm not the only bootylicious gal on this site...anyone else ever frigtened by the reflection of their own @ss staring back at them

Amanda
Old 08-28-2005, 10:47 AM   #59  
LivingDeadGirl

S/C/G: 325/250/165

Height: 5'7"

may i say i love scary movies LOL...anyways, I should introduce myself...I'm Andrea...though people do call me Ferret...I put up a post in the getting to know you thread so if you're curious about me you can check it out...aside from that i'll just say hello for now (mystery is a wonderful thing)
Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 12:27 PM   #60  
Proud US Navy Wife

I actually don't have the big butt problem.. probably because I have to walk to get everywhere (Plus 4 years of marching band when I was in hs) kept me from having that problem!

Thanks all for your advice... I think I'm just having problems believing the scale because I've been here what now.. 3 weeks? And the scale is telling me I've shed something close to 10 lb? Honestly I'm hoping that's just the "beginning weight" comming off fast, because I'm not sure if that's exactly healthy... it could be because too I'm usually WAY under my calorie intake. I dunno...