Old 08-20-2005, 01:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

Lightbulb Me? An inspiration?!

I just got back from an interesting encounter at the gym and just had to share because I STILL have a big smile on my face. I was doing ab exercises and this woman came up to me and said "gosh you so dedicated to be here everyday--you are an inspiration!" i said thank you and she asked "have you EVER been overweight?" (she is) and I told her yes and my high and current weights. She looked shocked and told me I looked like I weighed 120 and again that I was an inspiration to her because she is trying to lose weight. That made me feel so good and now I will have that little scenario to play out in my mind whenever I feel like doing something that might not be the best for my weight loss goals.
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 01:48 PM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

That's so great, what a nice way to start the day!!! It's amazing what a few words can do for one's morale! You are an inspiration!

When did you start by the way. I am curious how long it has taken you to get where you are now. You are at my goal weight. Also how tall are you?
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 02:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

I am 5'8'' and it has taken quite a while, mainly for me to get serious. The 198 was my all-time highest ever but throughout college I was around 180. I did an online behavior modification weight loss study through my school senior year and at the end of that was down to 160-165. Since then I have been dedicated to my exercise and still working on the healthy eating part. My original goal was 145 and I lowered it but now I am just sort of seeing how I will look as these last few peel off (I have a muscular frame).
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 02:52 PM   #4  
Proud US Navy Wife

Yay Liz! I'm sure that felt wonderful *G* And yes you are, you are an inspiration! I'm so proud of you!
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 04:03 PM   #5  
All That's Left of Me

Congrats Liz. Soak it up, and don't forget that you deserve it!

Amanda
amandaholly is offline   Reply With Quote