Old 08-13-2005, 01:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Does it ever become second nature?

I'm back! but not much has changed Well for me at least. There are tons of new people on here which is great along with some of the old ones I knew.
I was away for about 3 weeks with no internet. I did really well staying active, I joged almost everyday, was able to reach my jogging goal and then some, I didn't gain weight while I was away which is great. I wasn't journaling so I could have really blown it but I'm glad I was able to maintain.

Respondign to the post about why is it so hard to just eat less and excersise more made me think about my problems in weight loss. My big problem is that I find I can't just eat right yet with out really think about it. Will it ever just come naturally. I don't eat junk at all so its not like I'm pigging on that stuff its just that I eat to much. When food taste good I can't stop its like I feel I'll never get a nother chance to eat this yummy stuff again. I wish I was just one of those people that could eat a few bites of my food and then leave the rest on the plate. I always seem to clear my plate unless I am weighing and only putting what I can eat onmy plate. I see people all the time that can do it and I want ot but its like I have to think about it so much that it begins to consume a lot of my time. I think about losing weight most of the day. When will it just happen or will it never?

Does that make sense?
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 02:07 PM   #2  
All That's Left of Me

Jennie - I have often wondered about that too, especially when I began my "total turn-around". As far as whether or not it will ever just happen, I think that anything that you do over a prolonged period of time has the potentiallity of becoming a life-long habit...which in the case of eating healthy, is a good thing. I think that the problem lies in going on and off a plan. In order to reap the benefits of any plan ou need to stick with it. However, when you go on and off and on and off, you are less likely to see the "fruits" of your labor, and thereby less likely to turn "going through the motions" into a life-long habit. It took about a month of going through the motions (a total pain in the @ss), before it became just part of my routine. Now I need to work harder on the exercise part! Good luck, and stay strong.

Amanda
amandaholly is offline   Reply With Quote