Old 08-01-2005, 07:14 AM   #1  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Default Weekly Chat, August 1-7

Happy Monday, all!

Survived the weekend with the parents, sister, and bf all staying in my 1-bedroom apartment! Eating was way off cours,e but it was my planned 3 days off-plan anyway, so right back on track today!

Hope everyone else's weekend went well and our weeks all start out on the right foot!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 07:48 AM   #2  
Mikey's girl

GOod morning!! Monday already?? Where is this summer going??? This weekend was WAY OFF COURSE!! Mike went up north with a buddy, and saturday, I went shopping with makayla and tehn out with the girls, Ran into some people I DID NOT want to see. Random people whom are B*%CHES because Im dating Mike. They knoew him from school, and they were drunk and were talking about me like I wasnt even standing there!! ARG! Whatever, just made me realize how petty girls can be! Then in my depressed state, because I could hear them saying, "she's big, I cant beleive mike is dateing someone like that" the girls andI went for some Taco bell afterwards, and I didnt even care, I just wanted to get home and call mike. But I couldnt because his phone doesnt work there. ANYWAYS, sunday I CLEANed my house top to bottom, and worked out. spent the day with Makayla. And then bed. Gym this morning!! WHOOHOO!! and now Im at work. Sorry, rambling on, anyhow, hope everyone else weekend went ok!! ((HUGS))
JustForUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 08:29 AM   #3  
Chuggin' along...

Happy Monday everyone!

Mmm I've got my hazelnut coffee made in my french press and iced sitting right here. I'm such a coffee snob. My weekend was fantastic. Can you see me grinning like a dope through the LAN line? All my plans with new guy (now BF) were outdoor-based so we had to switch them around because it stormed and poured rain all weekend. We still had fun. Eating was ok. I tried to order things that were healthy, and then they'd come and not be prepared the way I thought and instead be unhealthy. Since food was already home with us, I ate half, saved half for another meal. The fried stuff I threw out. No desserts. Alcohol was somewhat limited...I need to find a place to buy sure-free mixers, or make my own with fresh fruit. In fact I was pretty proud until I woke up at 4am with insomnia today and ate a bunch of leftovers. Bad Megan.

Insomnia was good for something at least. The rain had stopped so I went for a run. I'm hoping I'll keep it up and switch to morning runs like I've been trying to make myself do for the past month.

Jill, sounds like a crowd!

Justforus, don't let those girls get to you. Petty people just don't get it.

Bida, how's your head? Have fun w/ your fam. Kayaking is so much fun!

Lizzie, did you make it to the beach?

Paperclippy, you sound like me. Right now my tolerance is so low, 1 strong drink and I'm toast. If I'm DD I stick to soda.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 08:29 AM   #4  
Chuggin' along...

Oops, didn't quite finish - have a great day everyone!

~Megan
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 09:21 AM   #5  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Good Monday Morning everyone!!

Megan- I did make it to the beach! It sounds like you had another exciting weekend with the boy. Eating out is so hard sometimes. I wish all places had the nutritional info because I'm always shocked when I figure it out.

There are lots of good things happening for me fitness wise. First as of today, I will have had 8 good days in a row. No binging and no slacking off. I think the longest I ever made it before was 1 or 2 days. Also, I completed Week 5 of my Total Body Makeover plan and I started Week 6 yesterday. I'm so excited. Before I always 'fell off' around week 3 or 4.

Then.. this weekend my mom took me to the beach for some shopping and relaxing. I made good food choices and I was totally satisfied with my meals. She and I talked a lot about health and fitness and she told me that she lost a lot of her weight and started to live healthier because she wanted to set a good example for me when I was younger. Aw, mom.

Plus, I talked myself into going to the gym yesterday even though I really really didn't want to go. I started taking zoloft for my pmdd and it makes me soooo sleepy. I think because I only take it a week or so at a time my body never really gets used to it.

I'm not sure what is different this time, but maybe the good habits are just sticking.

Hope everyone has a good Monday and a great week!!
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 10:11 AM   #6  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone!

My eating was not great this weekend, but it wasn't bad either. We did order pizza Friday night, but we ordered from the "lite" menu so it was only 160 cals/slice (I ate two slices). Obviously I counted that as my "cheat" meal so we didn't go out at all this weekend.

We did buy a steamer though, and I have been going crazy steaming all sorts of stuff (veggies, chicken, fish). Yesterday I made these steamed yeast dumplings with blueberry sauce that are traditional in my family, which are DELICIOUS, but of course I ate one too many of them. Total cals still not bad though (only a smidge over 1600 for the day), and I had the best run ever Sunday -- 6.7 miles, WAY longer than ever before, and it felt great!

Jill -- Wow, that must have been a tight fit with so many people! Glad you made it.

JustForUs -- People can be so mean sometimes. Don't let them get to you -- you're they're not worth your time.

Megan -- Sounds like the guy is great! Your coffee sounds yummy too, and I don't even like coffee usually.

Lizzie -- It sounds like you had a great day with your mom! When I finally manage to make it home at the end of this month, my mom and I are planning on some shopping at outlet malls!

Have a great week everyone!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 10:32 AM   #7  

Good morning girls! It is my last week of my summer internship, which I am very excited about. Time to get ready to go back to school... This past weekend went very well for me. Friday, it was my friend's "birthday celebration that she organized" I did not have any drinks (I made myself designated driver so it was a fantastic excuse) although there were premade wraps which I HATE because they all had cheese, mayo, bacon etc. which I am not even a fan of so I limited myself to 1 so I wouldn't be hungry all night. Then on Saturday and Sunday despite my family deciding to just eat all weekend I tried to make healthy decisions at all of the restaurants. This week's challenge will be the "farewell intern lunch" that they preorder a whole bunch of stuff from Magiannos (last year I hear all they had was chicken fettuccini, chicken parmesan, spagetti- no really healthy alternatives oh boy!)

Jill- Is it ever hard for you to get back on track after your 3 days of eating?

JustForUs- I hear ya, I hate that new song they always play "don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me... etc." It's like all of my worse fears being sung to me at a bar. I always wonder if my boyfriend gets tired of my crazy quirks...

Megan-I hear you on the Hazelnut coffee. I am currently drinking/downing Dunkin Donuts medium Hazelnut with 2 splendas

Lizzie-Good luck with the 8 streak goal. Me and my mom often talk about weight, I love her and I am so glad that she got me thinking about what I eat before I get older and it is even harder to watch myself, but sometimes I think it might make me a bit "obsessive" you know? Do you ever feel like that?

Paperclippy- GOOD JOB WITH THE PIZZA! I know how hard it can be to not eat more, I looooove pizza. I am trying to be able to learn how to eat a few bits of my favorite foods and not have that turn into a binge.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 10:49 AM   #8  
Eating for two!

Nope, NEVER hard for me to get back on track. I know that I just have to make it through 11 days of strict dieting, and I will be "rewarded" with another 3 days off eating whatever I want. I also know that I have to be super-strict with myself when I get back on-plan to make up for the "damage" I did on my 3 off days. Last time I had my 3-day off period, I only lost .25 that week, so I am going to try harder to do better this time around. It's actually sort of a motivator for me to see how much damage I can undo as quickly as possible, if that makes sense
Old 08-01-2005, 11:14 AM   #9  

It totally makes sense to me. What do you eat on a "super strict diet day."

I used to eat like that and for a long time and for many it definitely worked. But then when I got to college I would really let loose on my "weekends off" and not be "strict enough" on the week and slowly ever week I would gain 1/4 of a pound until they all added up... (ok and then my "weekend" went from just sunday, to saturday AND sunday, then to friday, and I knew I was in trouble when I said my weekend started on thursday lol)
Old 08-01-2005, 11:23 AM   #10  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Paperclippy - I wish I knew of a place to get lower calorie pizza, although having more than 2 slices in front of me might make it not so light. Good job on only have two! That takes will power. And also way to go on the run!! I can't wait until I can go that far!

Jenna- Mmm.. cheese, mayo and bacon.. I wish I hated that stuff! Being the DD is a good way to keep calories down. I'd never thought of it like that, but I need to cut back on my drinking and my going-out calories so maybe I'll volunteer next time. Try just have a little bit of Maggianos or a healthy portion and then cut back on the rest of your daily calories. I don't know if I could ever completely give up italian.
Sometimes I think I am a little obsessive about things, probably all on my own though. My mom is pretty good about not forcing things on me, and I'm really grateful to her for that. Although I'm sure I was affected by her yo-yo dieting when I was younger, I feel like I understand her better now. She has worked so hard and lost so much weight that she is really an inspiration to me.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 11:34 AM   #11  

I didn't give it up per se... when I tell myself to be good I am VERY good and motivated. The problem comes when I know that an event that I am not going to be good comes up (like Thursday's intern lunch) and I just go all out and eat a big portion of everything.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:48 AM   #12  
Mikey's girl

Weekends still are my downfall...
paperclippy~ YUMMM Pizza!! Cottage inn has a WONDERFUL VEGGIE low cal pizza, I could eat it all. But I dont. I usual try to say no. but doesn't al;ways work out that way!! Good will power!!
Jenna~ I dont care for Cheese mayo or bacon. I dont mind Mayo, but the others, actaully I could live without them forever!! LOL But all that food that will be at your lunch, Id cave!! Italian is MY WEAKNESS!!!! yummmm...
Jilly~ YOU ARE CRAZY! one bedroom apt!! LOL just kidding, at least you had fun!!
Lizzie I UNDERSTAND about being obssieve ! Im goin crazy on this counting calories, and retihnkging everything that goes into my mouth, and wokring out, keeping it written down.
Megan~ Coffee.. flavored coffee MY FAVORITE! Love it! can't stay away from it. every morning, except on weekends. it get expensive though! New guy, is now BF I saw!! congrats!!
JustForUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 12:16 PM   #13  
Eating for two!

I follow a food plan provided by the Idiot Proof Diet website (yes, I got suckered into paying the $27 for the menu generator). Today, for example, I get to have:
  • fish
  • chicken
  • sandwich (any type)
  • lean ground turkey (I usually do this as a turkey burger patty)
Tomorrow, I think I get to have:
  • flavored oatmeal
  • omelette
  • ham w/pineapple
  • lean ground turkey
Basic jist: eat 4 times a day, at least 2.5 hours apart for each meal, high protein (but sometimes still kinda high in carbs cuz of fruit and stuff), and once in each 11-day menu, there is a day of nothing but fruits and veggies. Stick to it for 11 days, then have 3 days off, then right back on for another 11 days.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:24 PM   #14  

And you lost 12lbs from that? Wow!!! That is awesome.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:52 PM   #15  
seh435

Default The New Girl!

I am new! yay! Just signed up a few days ago - looking for 20somethings to keep me motivated! I love to post and check updates - so you can count on me for participation! *Sarah*
seh435 is offline   Reply With Quote