Old 07-20-2005, 11:50 AM   #16  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Happy Hump Day Ladies,

Papperclippy: Sorry to hear you are still trying to work through this funk. I'm glad to see you posted uplifting points to your week first-that's encouraging (it's not all bad)! Wishing you a great day today! (((((((hug)))))))

Diamond: I don't know how you do it girl, is my weakness! What an accomplishment for you to get in exercise while you work and avoid the menu! The pizza place sounds like a fun place to work.

Justforus: I hope the caffeine has kicked in and hope you have a kicka@@ day!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 05:11 PM   #17  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone!! I'm back from my cruise! I have to say I'm pretty proud of myself. I followed my rules pretty well and even made time for laps around the track...My biggest accomplishment was saying no to the midnight Mexican Buffet....I LOVE mexican food but I always eat too much of the bad stuff and eating all that at midnight just seemed like a recipe for disaster. I had a really nice relaxing time and it gave me a lot of opportunities to think about all the things that have been stressing me out lately.

Also, I realized that after a few days I (& my body) really missed my work out/eating right routine. My body is happiest right after I come home from the gym. Thats good be good, right?

Anyway, I'm excited about getting back on track and I'm going to weigh next Wednesday. I used to be an obsessive weigher but now I'm too afraid of what it will or won't say. I'm also excited about catching up with the board. Hope everyone is having a good week!!!
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 02:49 AM   #18  
Bida Bida Bida

Height: 5'6''

ugh - another bad eating day on the set.
its so bad - i think its cause im not really enjoying the work on this particular set. maybe tomorrow I will try to be better. I will be better!
its just tough.
at least I got a lot of greens in (As well as other bad things - oh but so good) but not falling off the wagon darn it. No No No.
and i think i will have time for a real run tomorrow night. 2 days off is no good. (in a row)

B
bida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 06:18 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

Lizzie, good job controlling yourself on the cruise! I know how difficult that must have been but when you get used to a healthy routine you really do start to crave it. My bf ate nachos at the movie theater the other night (I wasnt there) and came home and told me how gross he felt. Not just his stomach, like the grease felt like it was seeping out his pores. I was like yeah, that's why we don't eat that kind of stuff. Eww!
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 08:27 AM   #20  
Mikey's girl

just hurt. thats all I can feel. confusion, pain, I dont know. He left me and I dont know why.

lizzie glad your back glad to hear you had fun.
JustForUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 08:48 AM   #21  
Chuggin' along...

Hi all,

I hope you don't mind me jumping in on this board. I usually post on the maintainer's forum but though I LOVE the maintainers, sometimes I need the perspective of people a little closer to my demographic. My vitals: I just turned 23, reached my goal weight almost 5 months ago and have maintained it, currently live in Florida in a little town in the middle of nowhere, where I moved for the job as a marine research assistant. I'll try to post a more thorough bio on the getting to know you board if I have time soon - I only have internet at work, not home.

WastedThermos, I'm so impressed! I've never been on a cruise but I've heard they're just filled with food.

Diamond, I'm equally impressed with you! Pizza is one of the "junk" foods I can't say no to. If I eat too much the grease makes me feel icky, but I have trouble saying no when the pizza is in front of me and the icky is a few hours away.

Bida, hold on! Make a bad start into a good day.

I'm wondering if anyone here has any advice on how to start a new relationship after they've lost a significant amount of weight. I'm going on an all-day date with a new guy this Saturday and am worried how to respond if questioned about my "quirky" eating habits. I'm worried I'll seem too high-maintenance and scare him off. I'll post it as a new thread (at least I'll try, I've never started a thread before) and explain the situation a little more thoroughly. Any insight would be appreciated, as I haven't dated anyone since before the weight loss.

Glad to be here

Megan
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 09:22 AM   #22  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Megan - Welcome! Uh oh, don't we have two Megans now?

Beans - Thanks for the kind words. I'm doing better today.

Lizzie - Welcome back! Isn't the feeling of going back to your regular plan great?

Bida - Hang in there! Tomorrow is a new day!

Liz - LOL about your bf and the nachos! That's hilarious.

JustForUs - *hug* Hang in there.

I snacked a little too much last night (my calorie total was a little low, so I allowed myself some chocolate chips and marshmallows and a glass of milk, and it ended up being a little bit high instead!). BUT, I did have a healthy dinner (broiled tofu w/rice and wax beans) so that's something at least. I am deathly afraid of going to my circuit training class today. Today is legs and back day, and my legs are still sore from a combination of last week's class and running! I hope I will be able to walk home after class! I think I will just do one squat for every two the instructor does and the same for lunges, maybe that will help. We do these crazy lunges where you put your back foot up on a step with 4 risers under it, it's really hard!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 03:09 PM   #23  
2blessed2Bstressed

Hello Ladies!

Welcome Megan, always feel free to start new threads! We are a bunch of talkers here, so the more topics going the better. As far as advice goes, I wouldn't bring up the weight issue unless he says something about your "quirky eating habits" but if it will make you feel more comfortable around him to bring it up then, go for it! My whole thing is your past is your past
He doesn't like you for who you were in the past, he likes you for who you are now!
Just think, he really likes you, otherwise you guys wouldn't be going out! Good Luck on your date & have a blast!!!!
Old 07-21-2005, 03:13 PM   #24  
KS pride-Seminole country

Hi everyone...

I feel pretty good over here. I lost 3.5 pounds, but I have a feeling a little fo that may be due to the red wine last night. I ate an early dinner, but had some wine before bed. So, I may have been a little dehydrated.

I had a bagel and pb this morning, slimfast bar by 11am, and my salad for lunch at 1, and have been fighting the cookie craving all freaking afternoon! Okay, i had another slim fast bar, and i've been chewing gum. This craving is the worst. But, i have plans to workout after work.. so that'll be good.

JustforUs -- are you okay over there? If you want to PM me, please feel free.

My friends always say that when things are getting rough just "karate through it".
Diamond7981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 01:32 PM   #25  
2blessed2Bstressed

HAPPY FRIDAY LADIES! Was it a looooong week or what?

I am tiring of my sbd, but just from being lazy. It calls for you to be so calculated and organized, planning your every meal. Isn't that what healthy eating is all about anyways? YES! Just being lazy I guess. That ended for me today, I'm back on track tomm, already getting my menu ready for the weekend....weeee!
Old 07-22-2005, 02:34 PM   #26  

Jillybean- Sorry Im late on this one but honestly I think only YOU can know what's right for yourself. No one should be critiqueing your diet. Period! I've seen some ladies on here who stay on plan 100% and stick to low cal diets 100% of the time and I KNOW I couldnt do that. The mere thought of eating 1200 cals everyday for the rest of my life just depresses me! But if it works for some people who am I to judge? I just know it would NEVER work for me.

Anyways I just wanted to drop in here and give you some support because I think it was wrong for people to be criticizing you for having a non traditional diet plan.
Ahealthierme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 03:14 PM   #27  
a whole new mel

S/C/G: 163/141/130

Hope no one minds if I jump in! I usually only post on the "Walking Away the Pounds" thread but really want some variety!

Bit about me... Age: 26. Married just over a yr. Have a beautiful daughter, age 3. Starting weight (Dec 04) of 163. Currently weigh 145. Goal weight of 125. Almost 1/2 way there! I fell off plan for a month of so (food-wise) but am working hard to get back! Last three days have been good... lots-o water, low cal/low fat food, good amt. of exercise!

Yup. That's me in a nutshell.

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to getting to know all of you! Take care of yourselves and have a FABULOUS weekend!

~mel
macdeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 05:14 AM   #28  
Bida Bida Bida

Height: 5'6''

ok, only one more set day on sunday - tomorrow we have off - so maybe I will be super good tomorrow - I should work out for 6 hours to make up for the bad week (of eating and excersizing....) urg.
and I have been getting up at like 5 or so everyday - and getting home at like 8 or 9PM - today not till 1030!!! its almost over.

megan - I just wish I had a date its been a long time - I am sure you will do fine, and figure out how to handle the situation.

anyhow i should go to bed and stop complaining - I am being bad. back to weight loss life. and veggies - whoo hoo!

(i have to remember my goal)

but honestly, with the depression i was having last week and my scare of the diet - i was prob ready for my first crash - at least I am recognizing, moving on, and getting back on track faster than I have before (not just a few days, but weeks and months)

B
bida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 11:36 AM   #29  
2blessed2Bstressed

Welcome MacDeez....no relation to MickeyDs right??? jk! Glad to have you, feel free to join in!

Bida, great job on realizing how far you have come, and how much you have changed. All of these things add up! Great Job, and great attitude change! Very good!

Ok, ladies have a great weekend of exercise and food choices!