Old 07-14-2005, 03:32 PM   #1  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Default good days gone bad?

Does this every happen to any of you? This morning was great, I fixed some bugs in my research project and made progress for the first time in a month. But as usual, progress only lasted an hour, and I got stuck. It's that TOM, and getting stuck brought out all my frustrations with grad school. I went from "Yay, I fixed a bug!" to "I am a complete failure in life and will never do anything worthwhile" in about 15 minutes. I know that part of these feelings are just being amplified by TOM, but I've also become convinced more and more every day I am here that I want to leave grad school after next year (when I will get a masters) and that it was a mistake to come to grad school after college in the first place.

Anyway, I was very lucky that I had brought along some yogurt w/cheerios in it as a pre-workout snack because oh man, the need to eat hit. I wasn't even hungry and I knew it, but I pulled out the yogurt and started stuffing my face. I can't imagine what I would have done if I didn't have yogurt, I probably would have gone to the vending machine and gotten chocolate or something.

I feel a little better now (pep-talk email from my boyfriend helped), and I'm getting ready to leave for the gym, but I was just wondering if any of you have this experience where a day is going great in the morning, then becomes really crappy afterward.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 05:07 PM   #2  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Of course everyone goes through these times. It just means your normal. We are only human you know...

Cheer Up! sounds like you could use a nice massage, why don't you enlist bf!!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 07:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

I go through that all the time. Some days I wonder if I have a personalitiy disorder or somthing because it happens so fast. I will be so happy and cheerful and then bam! next thing I know I am totally down in the dumps. It sucks and ussually not much will get me out of it fast. I have been tyring to avoid giving into these feelings by not binge eating and not giving up on things. Some times i use it as an out not to finish something or start something.
You arn't the ony one, and I'm sure grad school isn't a picinic in the park everyday either. I went to grad school right after undergrad and I was so miserable, I was completly burnt out, and should have waited. I moved out of my house with my friends and got an appartment, piggedout on food, gainded weight, got pregnant, and stoped going to class ( I think some of it was the hormones from being prego). I'm suprised I even graduated. So remeber, you arn't as bad as you feel right now, you are as good as you were feeling earlier
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote