3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Today I resisted... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/60587-today-i-resisted.html)

jkg0679 06-30-2005 08:53 AM

Today I resisted...

OK, I though it would be fun to post a thread where we can brag about a craving we resisted today. I'll start!

Last night I was at my fiances cousins b-day party and resisted the cake! I admit, my mouth was some watering and that cake looked sooooo good, but my fiances b-day is Friday and I wanna share his cake with him, so I said no to Mirandas cake! On top of my resistance, which I am very proud of, it is also TOM, which makes it that much more of an accomplishment! Woot woot! :dizzy:

JustForUs 06-30-2005 11:14 AM

This is sooo funny because I was just tihnking of something like this because last night we wont out on a boat to watch the detroit firworks and I resisted 1)beer and 2) browines <homemade with the melted chips in them> 3) Reeses cups here in the office <this morning I almost caved. AND its my TOM LOL
YAY!!

JustForUs 06-30-2005 02:38 PM

ok I messed up. not one but 2 reeses cups. :fr: !!!!!!!!! DOINK! and a hot dog. My cals are done. no more food today.... :cry: :eek: :nono:

Ahealthierme 06-30-2005 03:03 PM

we've eaten out several times this week (we usually NEVER eat out) and I've ordered really healthy food consistently. It's weird how I really dont even want junk like fried food anymore. I guess I can say I'm proud I resisted eating a whole cheddar biscuit today. I wanted a taste, I took a taste and gave the rest to my fiance. It was totally satisfying.

There have also been three M*Amazing candy bars, 2 sleaves of chocolate chip cookies, 1 pint of ice cream, 1 huge package of swoops and 2 packages of chocolate covered graham crackers in my house (I live with sugar hoarders) for 3 weeks now... and I've had none of it! Impressive since a mere two months ago I was addicted to that crap! Today I could really take it or leave it!

TheNewChristy 07-01-2005 10:38 AM

I passed up ice cream and peanut butter graham crackers last night...whew! :)

imsexydamnit 07-01-2005 10:49 AM

I resisted and continue to resist the cinnamon buns with yummy cream cheese frosting my mom brough home wednesday night. Go me!
Christine

paperclippy 07-01-2005 12:57 PM

The guy I share my office with has had huge bags of potato chips that he munches constantly lately, and now he even has a box of Chips Ahoy cookies sitting right there, but I find that not only do I not eat any, I don't even want any, and the thought of taking it didn't even occur to me!

That said, I had serious thoughts about going to Subway instead of eating Lean Cuisine for lunch today, but my bf talked me out of it, and I am glad he did! Especially since I will be leaving on vacation tomorrow and eating crap while I'm there!

bida 07-01-2005 04:45 PM

I resisted lots of beer last night. I was going to have one - but then I thought - why waste the calories - you don't really want one do you? Tonight I won't be so sure I can be so resistant. I may have one or two.

GainingWeightInLa 07-01-2005 04:55 PM

I've resisted everything I've fixed for my 6 yr old today....mac and cheese, chicken nuggets and french fries. It's killing me....kinda. Last night, I'd resisted things all day long but when I laid down to go to sleep, it felt really REALLY good to not be stuffed full of junk. I've gotta get moving though, or it'll never EVER come off! :( Has been raining all day though..not that I'd have been outside anyway. If it hadn't been raining, it'd have been too hot! That's frustrating to me....the not moving. I've been at this computer or consoling my 3 month old sitting in a chair all day long. Haven't done squat. That makes me feel bad...kinda robs me of the joy I'd have from resisting all the food I've resisited. If I keep going at the rate I've been going the last 3 months, I'll be an even bigger house than I am right now! :(

gray eyed girl 07-01-2005 05:01 PM

SODA! DH asked me to get him a soda while we filled the car this AM. I got a Dr. Pepper for him but tea for myself instead of a soda. One temptation conquered!

flxthct107 07-01-2005 06:51 PM

Today I resisted all the good stuff at Sweet Tomatoes(dessert,pasta, breads,etc) and stuck to my original plan before walking in there!!!

paperclippy 07-01-2005 08:13 PM

Today I did NOT resist some cookies. :( I was baking stuff to take to my bf's family, but I licked the bowl AND had half a cookie, AND licked the spoon that was in melted chocolate. :( I feel gross now, even though according to Fitday I only had about 1200 calories altogether. Ugh.

jenicra 07-01-2005 08:21 PM

Clippy - I think you should be proud that that was all you ate. If it were me, I'd have reserved some dough to eat on the side, licked the bowl (and all spoons involved) and then had like 6 cookies. It could have been much worse!

Ahealthierme 07-02-2005 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenicra
Clippy - I think you should be proud that that was all you ate. If it were me, I'd have reserved some dough to eat on the side, licked the bowl (and all spoons involved) and then had like 6 cookies. It could have been much worse!

same! lol! I was just thinking, 1/2 a cookie and a few licks is really an accomplishment considering the situation!!

jenicra 07-02-2005 12:20 PM

I really, really love homedmade cookies. For the most part, I can't be bothered with cookies in packages, but give me mom's cookies, arg, argg, gar, ar... they'll be gone in like 20 minutes.