Old 06-22-2005, 01:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 269/243/145

Default Having one of those days

Well my day started out like always, I got up and went to the bathroom first thing like always, then weighed myself, 213 same as yesterday. I try really hard not to weigh everyday but this is the least I have weighed in 3 years so I had to make sure yesterday wasn't a fluke. Well anyway on with my story, I did my workout-tae bo, I love tae bo, worked my butt off for 30 minutes then off to the shower. At this point everything is still going good, just a little pooped from exersizing. After my shower I decided, I'v lost 18 pounds it should be showing by now, so I stand naked in front of the mirror. I wasn't expecting a miracle but it was still very heartbreaking to see the same fat hanging there that was there a month ago. My pants are getting loser and my husband says he can see a difference so why can't I. I mean I have noticed my face dont' look as puffy and my rings fit better but I want more for my effort. I haven't had any pop in a month, its been even longer since my last Hershey's bar(my favorite)-don't worry, I actually dont' miss them. I just want to see some results for all I have done and given up. The good news, I didn't indulge in food to make myself feel better, even though the peanut butter toast that I fixed my girls for breakfast looked so good. I'm not even sure why I wrote all of this, maybe just to vent. I do feel so much better now. Thanks for listening all. Maybe my afternoon will go better now.
Jen
gingerjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 01:41 PM   #2  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Gingerjen: Don't get down. You have been losing! You need to take your measurements with the tape measure, you will then be able to see the inches you are losing. Losing doesn't always translate to the scales, you have to remember as you exercise your body starts to take on a different shape because its tightening up and repositioning....you are losing!!!! Losing inches, and getting tone, you've lost eighteen pounds that is a major accomplishment. Please, don't get discouraged, get a measuring tape!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 01:43 PM   #3  
Mikey's girl

Im with you on this one. I am having one of those weeks. But we're all hear to listen to you vent. Good job on not giving in to temptation and sticking to working out!! Those darn scales, who invented that anyways??!!
JustForUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 01:55 PM   #4  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Maybe this isn't what you want to hear right now, but . . . reading your post made me totally want a Hershey bar! Seriously though, it is hard for us to see a difference because we look at our bodies every day. We change so little from day to day that it is really difficult to see the longer-term progress. I always have that same feeling, my bf gets mad because I'm always saying things like "I lost 40 pounds, why am I still fat?" It helps to look at photos of yourself from before and current too, where the difference is more obvious.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 01:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 269/243/145

Default Thanks

Thank you ladies for your support, the good news is I think my episode the am was all hormones. TOM started this afternoon totally unexpected, and early, well sorta. The rest of my day went really good and I even treated myself to some pudding this evening. I have learned the fat free sugar free really isn't too bad, not as good as the real stuff and no way compares to ice cream but it does the job. Thanks again ladies and this is why I really like coming here.
Jen
gingerjen is offline   Reply With Quote