Old 04-06-2005, 05:12 PM   #1  
Angie

Talking What kind of Diet are you doing?

Hey All!
I was just wondering what everyone was doing for weight loss? Any diets... or just general ideas?

I am doing the low calorie/fat, high fiber.. lots of veggies & fruits.. lean meats thing. (Dr. Phil's Ultimate Weight Solution) If anyone would like to know more about it, let me know.

The Biggest thing I have changed is the no fast food!!! I used to all the time!! but that alone makes me feel soooo much better! Anyone seen the movie "Super Size me"? I havent, but i should. I hear it makes you never want to eat that junk again!

I thought it may help some people and give good ideas to those who are doing the same thing,to find a buddy, or trying to find something to start!!!
angelfadedblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 05:24 PM   #2  
But Want The Body Too!!

Im really watching fat and calories.. Lean meats and all that as well.. I drink plenty of water and make it a point to exercise every day.. That's something that I never did before.. Id watch what I ate but that was as far as it went.. I never exercised.. And now that I am, Im seeing the results alot faster than before.. And flame me or whatever but I also take TrimSpa.. Ive taken it since the beginning of the year.. Before that I took it off and on.. But it takes away my cravings.. I dont want any fattening food.. I think Im irritating my MOm because Im always checking labels and things like that.. But it works for me so that's what Im doing.. I think I have a pretty fast metabolism.. I mean I honestly get so into what Im doing that I forget to eat! So there are days that I only eat dinner but I do try to eat something during the day.. But really Im on my own plan, just watching what Im eatting and getting my body moving!!
Beautiful_Inside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 05:45 PM   #3  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

I count calories and try to eat balanced meals (like USDA food pyramid style), and I exercise, which I never really did before. All my life I hated exercising (probably because I sucked at it), who knew that someday I'd be looking forward to jogging?? I try to eat 1200-1500 calories per day, but I usually splurge and have a meal at a restaurant once a week (including dessert). Hmm, maybe that's why my weight loss slowed down!

Also, to help me with counting calories I eat Lean Cuisine for lunch (sometimes Lean Pockets). I used to eat Slim-Fast meal bars for lunch, but they're really hard to eat for very long, so since Lean Cuisine is made of actual food, I think it's much better (even if it's slightly higher-cal). I also have low-calorie cereal for breakfast (Kellogg's Smart Start is my current one), and I almost never cook with oil (I use PAM instead). I also eat very little red meat (I usually have boneless skinless chicken breasts or lean ground turkey), and I have fish at least once a week (baked). Also, I eat meatless meals pretty often, like just plain pasta with sauce, or something with tofu (if you crumble extra-firm tofu, it has the consistency of scrambled eggs).

I think calorie counting works best for me because I am the carbohydrate queen, and I would never survive a low-carb diet (pasta, rice, and bread are primary ingredients in all my meals). My sweet tooth undoes me every time though!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 06:13 PM   #4  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

NO fastfood! drink only water or iced tea, no cokes. Eat something for breakfast, fruit, eggs, or oatmeal. Eat a healthy filling lunch, usually a salad w/ everything loaded on. Dinner a protein shake.

Exercise at least three times a week. Go to cardio class, do weights.

Just doing the basics, eating right, and getting in some type of exercise at least 3X a week, but am working towards doing more.
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 07:34 PM   #5  
Angie

Wow! Everyone at least has some set rules they follow, which is good. I should have probably added That- yes... I take an appitite suppresant as well, so dont feel too aweful Beautiful Inside! I also have trim spa, but i never stuck to it.. I picked up a new suppliment that is from the health food store.. because it is natural, i guess. I heard it recommended on the Duke and the Doctor show on the radio. Dont know if any of you listen to it?? I love it. anyways- Vita Logic just came out with Hoodia 24 and so i thought i would give it a shot. Well,.. almost a week now and I am loving it!!! expecailly since i have not had any side effects like previous suppresants (caffine with dexatrim, etc)
So thats my little confession... say what you want. Maybe it is all mental... but if it works, it works, right?

Last edited by angelfadedblue; 04-06-2005 at 07:36 PM.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:48 PM   #6  
But Want The Body Too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfadedblue
Wow! Everyone at least has some set rules they follow, which is good. I should have probably added That- yes... I take an appitite suppresant as well, so dont feel too aweful Beautiful Inside! I also have trim spa, but i never stuck to it.. I picked up a new suppliment that is from the health food store.. because it is natural, i guess. I heard it recommended on the Duke and the Doctor show on the radio. Dont know if any of you listen to it?? I love it. anyways- Vita Logic just came out with Hoodia 24 and so i thought i would give it a shot. Well,.. almost a week now and I am loving it!!! expecailly since i have not had any side effects like previous suppresants (caffine with dexatrim, etc)
So thats my little confession... say what you want. Maybe it is all mental... but if it works, it works, right?
Ive had alot of people tell me that its mental.. But I will say this, if I miss a few days of taking it, I munch on things like crazy!!! I personally dont believe its mental.. It works for me and Ive stuck to it.. It takes about a week to fully kick in and notice anything.. And even though Ive been on it a few months, it still helps me not eat as much..

How is the Hoodia 24 working for you? You said its been a week, have you lost anything with it?
Beautiful_Inside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 09:24 PM   #7  
Angie

I have not lost anything.. i have stayed the same.. BUt i havent been excersizing either! but i have not been munching constantly when i dont take it, so it is working. I noticed it after the first day, for me.

Either way- its helps, so unless its reallly unsafe... then its alright by me! Besides-- If you look at it the other way, a lot of access wieght is very unsafe as well. I like the hoodia because it is all (or mostly) natural.. and not really a drug, like phen phen was or something. I need to pick up my slack in the exersise though! so hopefully I will get my butt in gear and start dropping the weight again!
Old 04-07-2005, 04:23 PM   #8  
Not giving up!!

S/C/G: 323/200/175

Height: 5'8

I am doing a low fat diet and doing more exercise!
~~Sunshine~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 09:22 PM   #9  
The Prettiest Mud Puddle

My diet is 3-4 small meals a day. I drink mostly water and some milk, if I want soda I go for ginger ale because it is very low in calories. I try to get in at least 30 minutes of exercise a day, and do at least 50 crunches. The weight comes off SLOWLY just like my doctor wants it to. No supplements or appetite controlers allowed.
Mudlucious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 04:21 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

Eating healthy and balanced. Nothing is off limits, portion control is what I use mostly. I used to count calories, but i only keep half an eye on that now. I listen to when I am hungry and when I am full and eat accordingly. Some days thats a lot, some days its a little. I take a brisk hourly walk a day, but thats my only set exercise. I do a lot of walking during the day anyway (living on campus at Uni) and I dance a bit when I feel like it (nothing like cranking the music up and grooving away!)

Livi
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 01:49 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 238/157/138

Height: 5'4

Watching calories and excercising as much as possible.

I lost my original 70 lbs by doing Fit For Life (my grandpa's edited version). My lifestyle has changed a lot in the last year so it's to hard for me to stick to now and plus I don't completely agree with it. But hey it got some of this weight off of me so I can't knock it to much.
flxthct107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 07:09 PM   #12  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Calorie counting and tons of exercise!
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 05:31 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

Same as Jenicra! I try to keep my calories around 1500 but don't stress because I plan a cardio workout each day and strength train 4x per week plus abs 3x per week. It's been working so far...
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 12:25 PM   #14  

I'm counting my calories & fat in a small notebook. I lost 50 pounds doing this so it seems to work for me. I also try to get a lot of exercise in. Generally at work I'll walk 40-60 minutes a day & I try to hit the gym 3-5x a week.
Kara79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 04:28 PM   #15  

I'm counting calories and exercising. I've been changing my diet from low fat, very little meat, lots of processed foods to more whole foods, healthy fats, lean meats, lots of fish, and lots of fresh produce. As for exercising, I try to run 12 - 15 miles a week and head to the gym for at least two days of strength training and cross training.
katia is offline   Reply With Quote