3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   20 something and drinking on weekends...???? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/58961-20-something-drinking-weekends.html)

JustForUs 06-02-2005 05:23 PM

20 something and drinking on weekends...????

Ok, so Im only 22, and I know that drinking CANNOT help your diets what so ever. But we tend to hvae people over our house every weekend, weather its a game of some sort <IE basketball, football, hockey> or just a BBQ with all of our friends. There is ALWAYS food and drinking. Now Im ok with the food usually, but it's the drinking. Im not saying I hvae a problem, but I drink beer. I like beer a lot... Miller light to be particular, Does anyone know just how bad it is?? :?:
Its hard to steer away from it because thats what everyone does! not that I hvae to do what they want, but Im still in that young I wanna hang out. Now its not even every weekend because I usually have my daughter, and I dont drink at all with her. I guess Im just looking to see if anyone else does the weekend friend over BBQ and drinks thing!! :chef: :grouphug:

flxthct107 06-02-2005 06:08 PM

I drink pretty heavily on the weekends because like you I enjoy drinking socially. I have found if it is just once a week or so that as long as I'm strict the rest of the time that I will still lose for the week. When I'm doing good I weigh in on Friday mornings so if I'm bad on the weekend I have the rest of the week to make up for it. Plus after drinking I chug down tons of water.

My biggest problem is drinking and the next day wanting pizza, etc when I feel like crap and I don't care. So keep your eye on that. Sometimes doing that throws me off for a while and it's hard to get back on track.

Of course you are better off not drinking or drinking very lightly, but as I know from experience easier said than done.

breakfastsurreal 06-02-2005 06:36 PM

try not to drink any high cal drinks, or anything with too much sugar...i think if you drink every weekend, 4-5 light beers shouldn't knock you off track...just make sure you aren't getting completely smashed, because you will get really dehydrated the next day

jennie934 06-02-2005 10:38 PM

allways drink water when you drink so you don't get dehydrated. but remeber anything is ok in moderation. look at the calories so you know what you are putting in your body. if its just once a weekend, you should be able to fit it in but, summer is here so make sure you don't start having bbq's every night(like the folks in my neighborhood, everynight is a party in the summer)

JustForUs 06-03-2005 07:57 AM

I try to drink water that same day and a TON hte next day, but the whole next day sometimes feeling crappy hits me, and I just want soemtihng greasey..... hmmmm Thats another thing I do!! lol one day, like ya said easier said then done!! ;)

BrunetteChic_2000 06-03-2005 08:12 AM

I drink, too. Usually thought I only have 1 or 2 because 1) drinking to much makes me ill, and 2) I never know when I will have to drive somewhere. I am 26, and when I was in my early 20s I would drink a lot more heavily, and I was also a lot thinner - I was in the Army and doing a lot of physical activity and not eating a lot of food, because we were sooooooooooooooo busy all of the time. I guess my point is it can be less about how much you drink and more about what you do with the rest of your time.

katia 06-03-2005 11:40 AM

Since losing weight my tolerance for alcohol has dropped, so I can no longer drink as much as I used to. I also get hungover more and more easily the older I get, so there are very few situations where I will have more than 2 or 3 drinks over the course of an evening.

When I'm out or at a friend's house for a party or something, I try to think about whether I'm choosing treats that are really worth the calories. Beer? Not worth it for me. A good glass of wine? Definitely worth it. The same with food, I try to think before I eat and not waste calories on junk food that isn't something I really, really want. I also try to keep track of what I've eaten on an especially bad night so I have a visual reminder of the poor decisions that I made.

Ahealthierme 06-03-2005 01:09 PM

I've really never been much of a drinker to begin with (one beer and Im falling all over the place-honestly) but every now and then I have half a glass of wine or half a beer, and it's fine. I savor the taste, and really enjoy it, but tell myself I'd rather spend my calories elsewhere...besides when I overindulge in alcohol I tend to overindulge in food, so it just doesnt work for me.

jenne1017 06-03-2005 01:22 PM

Beer is THE worst for you because of the high sugar content...I know, I know. It doesn't taste like it has sugar, but it does.

I too like to go out but haven't in about 3 weeks or so. I figure that I'd rather be skinny and sober than fat and drunk :lol:

How about only having one or two beers? See, I LOVE beer so it's a trigger. I stay away from them in social settings with friends (unless at a work event so I KNOW I have to be good). If I drink, I drink a Jack and Diet Coke. They are more pricey, so I don't drink as much. There is only 60 cals. per drink and no sugar...

Usually the drinks that taste the best are the worst for you. Drinks with juices are full of sugar (And also give you the worst hangovers!).

If you are serious about losing, have a jack or a glass of red wine! And stay away from the beer :(

treefrogtoes 06-03-2005 01:42 PM

12oz of light beer, like Bud Lite, Miller Light, or Micholob Ultra have about 95-100 calories each. Micholob Ultra is a good choice if your watching sugars.

Gitterdone 06-03-2005 02:37 PM

I am a HUGE beer drinker myself, ML is my beer of choice as well. I've lost almost 20lbs this year without limiting myself, but I do think of how much more that could be if I didn't drink as much. I don't really trust myself with the "hard" stuff :dizzy: so I don't like to give it up. I figure if I just keep watching what I eat and working out, I will be okay....hopefully. :D

JustForUs 06-03-2005 03:52 PM

I thought so..If I watch what I eat, stick to my diet and what not, keep working out I should be a ok. Im just glad that someone does what I do...YUMMY miller light.. LOL Most girls dont like beer let alone MILLER!! yea that "hard stuff" and me do NOT GET ALONG!! whooohooo way too much for me!! I'll stick to good ole beer! ;)

breakfastsurreal 06-03-2005 04:11 PM

im a budweiser girl myself....i can drink bud light but i prefer the real thing. I do like to drink at least 7 beers when I do drink, but I only drink maybe 4-5 times a year. So holding off for me won't be a problem until I shed 30-40 pounds or so.

blue_sky 06-03-2005 04:20 PM

I loooooove Miller Lite. AND white wine. I'm dealing with the same thing-- Where will it fit into my weight loss program? I think it was holding me back because I crave GREASE and salt the next day :)

breakfastsurreal 06-03-2005 06:28 PM

oh yeah one night of drunkedness definitely calls for ordering pizza the next day...and eating half of it in one sitting! extra cheese and canadian bacon! yum