Old 05-21-2005, 02:02 AM   #1  
pear23

Default new member, pear 23

Hi all. My name is Melissa and I'm 23. I'm on here because hopefully with support I will lose weight and work out more. I'm about 200lbs. 5'3, and a size 14 pants. I have a gym membership, but it seems that lack of motivation has been my main problem. I have a history of anorexia so dieting/exercise is kinda scary as I'm afraid I'll go back to my bad habits. Don't know what else to say, would love to hear from people though. -Mel
pear23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 11:03 AM   #2  
Movin' right along...

Hey girl! Welcome to the boards. What sort of diet plan are you on?

Love,
Deanne
chubbyvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 04:14 PM   #3  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Mel and welcome! I am currently struggling with and in treatment for bulimia and binge eating disorder, so I know a little about your fear. It can be difficult. Just try to make small changes and be aware of your history. Good luck!
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 09:06 AM   #4  

Welcome to the boards! Good luck to you! Congrats on being a size 14 at 200 pounds! I'm 5'3 also and I was a size 18...almost into a 20 at my high of 207.
Good luck! This is a great place to stay motivated!
Amber
AmberM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 10:16 AM   #5  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi Melissa, welcome!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 01:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 238/157/138

Height: 5'4

Welcome!
flxthct107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 02:14 AM   #7  
it's the getting up

Hey Melissa! This is such an awesome place for support, friendship, and a wealth of knowledge to say the least. Hope to see you around often, take care!
sunseeker_ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 04:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 260/209/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Melissa
Jessie_777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 02:53 AM   #9  
pear23

Hey, all, thanks for all the welcomes. I'm not on a specific diet plan as of yet, not sure if that's the best idea with my history of anorexia. I am taking a daily diet pill, and just trying do some form of exercise daily. I'm not limiting myself from any food yet as I've heard that it's good to start slow. I do eat graham crackers now when I have sweet cravings as that helped in the past. I'd like to make one of those weight charts you all have, but not sure how to do it. Anyway, this week, went to the gym twice for an hr. each day and did exercises from the Oprah magazine on the days I didn't go to the gym...also ate graham crackers...if anyone thinks a diet is my best bet let me know...keeping in mind that I totally gave up all bad foods in the past and that's what led to my eating disorder...have a great day all and keep up the good work. -Mel
pear23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 09:52 AM   #10  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Mel, have you thought about asking a doctor or nutritionist for ideas? I bet they are trained to make plans for people who have had eating disorders. Chances are they will say to eat more whole grains, fruits, and veggies -- add more good stuff, without taking away anything.

As for the trackers, if you click on the "User CP" link at the top of the page, it will take you to your control panel, and then you can click on "edit signature" and there are instructions there.

Good luck!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote