Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 06:35 PM   #301  

First Name (if you want to tell it) Leah

Geographical location: Twin Falls, ID

Marital Status: Married
Children/Ages: 4 Step Daughters ages range from 13 to 8

Pets: Black Cat named COCO
Hobbies/Interests: Watching movies, reading, music, mountain biking, camping, nordic skiing
Height: 5'3
Eye/Hair Color: blue/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: May 30

Starting Weight: 157
Present Weight: 149

Goal Weight: 130 to 135
Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Having a very busy family, and feeding all the girls without eating what they eat.
Following any specific plan: LA Weight Loss.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I feel motivated and I really want to loose the weight. LA Weight Loss has been nice because I can choose my food choices and I am not restricted from going out to eat.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:08 PM   #302  

S/C/G: 136/136/120

Height: 5'0

First name: Sarah

Geographical location: Atlanta, GA

Marital Status: My boyfriend Chris and I have lived together for 3 years now. We've dated on and off for 8 years, this past time being a steady 4.

Children/Ages: 4 kitties-Brooklyn, Gracie, Twyla and Louie London

Pets: see the children part

Hobbies/Interests: reading, shopping, listening to music (all kinds!), scrapbooking and other artsy craftsy activities. I also do volunteer work some Saturdays at a charity run thrift store. Oh and I've gotten involved in restoring my childhood dollhouse which has been pretty fun.

Height: 5'0

Eye/Hair Color: brown/red

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: on and off for 2 years now. I kept quitting at diets and wouldn't work out. But I joined a gym 3 weeks ago so lets use that date.

Starting Weight: 133

Present Weight: 130

Goal Weight: 115

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sticking to an exercise plan. I joined Butterfly Life which is a new gym near my house. They're like Curves in that they have the 30 minute circuit workout which fits in really well with my sometimes hectic schedule. I also eat when I'm depressed or bored and this year has been a tough one at times emotionally.

Following any specific plan: No, I've tried WW and couldn't stick to it. Now I'm keeping a food journal and counting calories. Also, my gym is starting a sort of bootcamp weight loss program next week that I'm gearing up for. It will be doing the circuit 3-4 times a week and something areobic 2-3 times per week plus a strict diet. It lasts for 6 weeks.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm exercising.
Old 07-17-2006, 05:04 PM   #303  
Fat-be-gone

So I finally got the courage to become a part of the 20-somethings!!

First name (if you want to tell): Rosario

Geographical location: Georgia

Marital Status: live with my bf

Children/Ages: none

Pets: none.....yet, I'm trying to talk my bf into getting one

Hobbies/Interests: reading, watching movies, decorating my apartment, relaxing at home with my bf, visiting my family in Los Angeles

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Last Monday (7/10/06) was the day I recommited to eating right and just cleaning up my act.

Starting Weight: 236

Present Weight: 232

Goal Weight:140, but I may be happy at 150...we'll just have to wait and see

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: food!! I love food and I don't like to deprive myself of it. I love to eat!! I am just trying to learn how to eat less of it and not so much the bad stuff.

Following any specific plan: calorie counting and working out

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am ready to discipline myself and I am just sooo tired of all this extra weight. SO far, week 1 was a success. But I have my whole life still to go!!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I love this place!!!!
Old 07-17-2006, 05:13 PM   #304  

Height: 5'9"

I'm new to 20-somethings (just figured out it was here!), so here we go...

First name: Sara

Geographical location: Toronto, ON

Marital Status: Single and dating around

Children/Ages: No way, I'm only 23

Pets: One mutt (from the pound) named Socrates; I believe he is mostly German Shepherd

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, cooking, running, hockey

Height: 5'9"

Eye/Hair Color: green/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Just last month! I am a former competitive runner who's used to eating whatever she wants ... which doesn't sit too well when you're in a desk job. I've got quite fat in the past year and a half and it's time to stop the madness!

Starting Weight: 185

Present Weight: 174

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Getting back into an exercise routine. I am still fairly muscular, I just need to run off the damn fat!

Following any specific plan: Nope, except for daily exercise (60 minutes cardio, 20 weights) and about 1800 calories a day.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This is really my first real weight loss effort! I really hope it goes well. I really think plain old diet and exercise will work out best for me.
Old 07-17-2006, 05:20 PM   #305  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

First name (if you want to tell): Courtnie

Geographical location: Nanaimo, BC Canada

Marital Status: living with the boyfriend

Pets: my boyfriend and I just have some fish but we are getting a female boston terrier in two weeks! She will be just over 7 weeks when we get her. At my mom's house I have a yellow lab (family dog) and my dad has a boxer/lab that I helped pick out!

Hobbies/Interests: computers, movies, aquariums, hanging out, spending my hard earned money, I am pretty laid back.

Eye/Hair Color: dark brown x 2

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: February 9, 2006. But it didn't start working until March 14, 2006.

Starting Weight: 215 (might have been more, I never really wrote it down and it went up and down 2 pounds like everyday for over a month)

Present Weight: 182.6

Goal Weight: 130 - might change when I get there, but I shall see.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eating too much of a good thing! I am working on everything in moderation!

Following any specific plan: Calorie Counting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Just the way I feel. All the other times I thought I was serious about losing weight, but this time it was like I got hit by a brick, I woke up one morning and said, "I want to lose weight" - just like every other time but this time I felt totally different. And I haven't turned back since.

Anything else you would like to share with us: good luck!
Old 07-18-2006, 09:50 AM   #306  
ready to be thin

S/C/G: 217.5/209/175

Height: 5'9

First name (if you want to tell): Emily

Geographical location: Cincinnati Ohio

Marital Status: separated/still living together

Children/Ages: Aniyah will be 5 in November, A****a will be 4 in October

Occupation: receptionist/ Pure Romance Consultant "putting the "O" back in Romance"

Pets: my 9 month old doggy was hit by a car and killed 2 days ago

Hobbies/Interests: playing with the kids, reading novels, and partying for money (Pure Romance)

Height: 5'9

Eye/Hair Color: blue/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 7/10/06

Starting Weight: 217.5

Present Weight: 213

Goal Weight: 170

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: being able to eat healthy foods when everyone else in my family is eating junk

Following any specific plan: low carb

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: when my grandpa died a year ago i started packing on the pounds, my brother is getting married in September and i don't want to be the "fat bridesmaid". in the long run i just want my little girls to eat healthy and not use food as comfort like i did growing up

Anything else you would like to share with us: i'm so excited that i found this site!
Old 07-19-2006, 12:42 PM   #307  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default Fat and Tired in MD

First name (if you want to tell): Okiemute

Geographical location: Lanham, MD

Marital Status: single, never even been kissed, only had hand held once

Occupation: unemployed, will be a political science graduate student in 2006

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: reading romance novels, watching movies, listening to music, dieting/fitness

Height: 5'6

Eye/Hair Color: brown/black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 7/19/06

Starting Weight: 262

Present Weight: 262

Goal Weight: 154 by December 31, 2006, 114 by February 27, 2006

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love food and would probably marry it if I could

Following any specific plan: I'm going to fast for two weeks, then start South Beach and use Hydroxycut for 8 weeks.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am determined to conquer my love affair with food

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have schizo-affective disorder and packed on 67 of the pounds I'd lost on South Beach
Old 07-19-2006, 06:25 PM   #308  

S/C/G: 185/180/115

First name (if you want to tell): OLIVIA

Geographical location: ARIZONA

Marital Status: ENGAGED TO BE MARRIED THIS YEAR

Children/Ages: 2, ANGEL IS 4 YRS AND PETE IS 51/2 MTHS

Pets: NONE

Hobbies/Interests: GOING OUT, SPENDING TIME WITH FAMILY, WATCH MOVIES, INTERNET, AND NOW MY TURBO JAM

Eye/Hair Color: DARK BROWN

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: OH MAN, AFTER I HAD MY SON SO IN FEB 06, ITS BEEN ON AND OFF BUT I PLAN ON STICKING TO IT NOW

Starting Weight: 180

Present Weight: 158

Goal Weight: 115

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I LOVE SODAS AND WE LIKE TO GO OUT TO EAT...BUT WE STOPPED THAT BECAUSE I SAID NO MORE LOL

Following any specific plan: TURBO JAM, EXERCISE AND EAT RIGHT

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I REALLY WANT TO LOSE THE WEIGHT FOR ME TO BE HAPPY AND TO LOVE TO GO SHOPPING ONCE AGAIN

Anything else you would like to share with us: NO
Old 07-19-2006, 11:08 PM   #309  

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

First name (if you want to tell): Erin

Geographical location: Atlanta

Marital Status: single

Pets: does a plant count?

Hobbies/Interests: reading, working out, shopping, and hanging out with friends

Height: 5'1

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown (but with highlights)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 7/20/06

Starting Weight: 131?? dont own a scale

Present Weight: ??

Goal Weight: 108

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: finding time for exercise

Following any specific plan: mix between sonoma and south beach

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: im trying to think of it as becoming a healthier eater. im not a fan of fast food or chocolate (thank goodnes!!) but i love breads and pastas.

Anything else you would like to share with us: i'm excited for the support we can give each other.
Old 07-22-2006, 02:06 AM   #310  

S/C/G: 238/199/150

Height: 5'5"

First name: Jackie

Geographical location: North Dakota

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: stepson/12, stepson/10, daughter/7

Pets: 4 ferrets

Hobbies/Interests: reading, crafts-(scrapbooking, cross-stitch, crochet, and many more),

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: green/dark blond

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 7/22/06

Starting Weight: 238

Present Weight: 230

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: finding time to exercise

Following any specific plan: lower carb and calorie

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've been having some serious health issues and the extra weight doesn't help at all!
Anything else you would like to share with us: this is my first time being in a support group like this for weight
Old 07-24-2006, 01:58 PM   #311  

S/C/G: 255/234/155

Height: 5'8

First name: Tiffany

Geographical location: Toledo,OH

Marital Status:Married

Children/Ages:None so far

Pets:2 cats: Kiwi and Chewbacca,1 hampster: Felix

Hobbies/Interests:Music,Sports

Height:5'8

Eye/Hair Color:blue/black,purple,and pink

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:07/15/2006

Starting Weight:243

Present Weight:228

Goal Weight:160 but then from there i hope to get to 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Resisting my cravings and urges to eat sweet stuff.I miss my chocolate

Following any specific plan:I'm on atkins

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:It actually seems to be working and it isnt as bad as i thought i would be

Anything else you would like to share with usrying to lose this weight not only to be in better health but because I want to persue a career in the Air Force.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:53 PM   #312  

S/C/G: 260/252.5/160

First name (if you want to tell): Kim (my initials are KTR.. so sometimes I go by KT.. it's like a whole life change right now)

Geographical location: Marquette, Michigan

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: ZERO

Occupation: Dishwasher @ Northern Michigan University.... AND Full Time Student

Pets: Umm.. I have a lot of guy friends...

Hobbies/Interests: Anything Art related: Screenprinting (i'm going to be making t-shirts soon to sell on eBay), Photography (my concentration in school), music, film, philosophy, theory, media studies, sociology, nature, hiking, biking, downhill sledding, mountain climbing, SWIMMING.. i live for swimming.. lots of stuff..

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: Green or Hazel (they like to change) and right now I'm a brunette with blond highlights and some very very dark lowlights on the underside.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I'd have to say I truly started this summer, though I've been on this Journey my whole life it seems.

Starting Weight: 260

Present Weight: 257.6

Goal Weight: 160-180 ... I'm not striving to be a stick...

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I'm hella injury prone, and being an Art student doesn't leave a lot of room for exercising and eating well -- when you're in studio until midnight, McDonald's and Taco Bell are like the only answer in sight because you don't want to go home and cook something. But I'm working on time managemnent for this upcoming semester.

Following any specific plan: No.. I really can't afford it. But my mom bought Michael Thurmond's plan a couple summer's ago so I'm going to bring that back to the MQT after I go home this weekend.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I guess I just really REALLY want it this time. I'm more focused and truly feel like this is the time it's really going to work for me. That and I have a couple buddies working with me who aren't thin. We're in it together.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm a really, really deep thinker and look at all angles of everything... ALL the time. It drives people crazy.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:34 AM   #313  

First name (if you want to tell): Jeff

Geographical location: California

Marital Status: Single

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: History (Military/Social/Central and East Asian), reading...

Height: 5'6.5"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: March 2006

Starting Weight: 174 (?)

Present Weight: 165/171.5

Goal Weight: 125-130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Lack of motivation and energy, depression

Following any specific plan: Jorge Cruise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I got to really stay focused, get enough sleep, and (hopefully) gain support so I can have the motivation, energy, and consistency to stick to the program as religiously as possible

Anything else you would like to share with us: dunno yet....
Old 07-26-2006, 03:19 PM   #314  

S/C/G: 187/169/140

Height: 5'7

First name (if you want to tell): Jessica

Geographical location: Indiana

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: 3=11yrs,7yrs,2 months

Pets: american staffordshire terrier,Giant Schnauzer

Hobbies/Interests: horse back riding, canoeing, fishing, camping,dancing

Height: 5'7

Eye/Hair Color: green/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: June 11

Starting Weight: 204

Present Weight: 185

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:When my hubby and I met I weighed 130 so Depression of how much weight I have gained

Following any specific plan: exercise and try to eat well. i try to focus on whole grains, fruits and veggies and lean meat.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Well, when you know your hubby isn't attracted to you anymore it really motivates you.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:30 PM   #315  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Height: 5'5"

First Name (if you want to tell it) Christie
Geographical location:North Alabama

Marital Status: Married 10 years (I had just turned 19, he was still 18)
Children/Ages: one 2 1/2 year old girl

Pets: Boston Terrier: Tobie, English Pit bulldog: Tank, Cat: Grady, Cat: Seirra Mist (Named by my dd after her Grandma's fav drink)

Hobbies/Interests: Photography, Sewing (dresses, making Hair bows for DD) the net, talking to my sis in Colorado, Keeping up with friends on line.
Height: 5' 5"
Eye/Hair Color: hazel green/brownish

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: january 23 2004 (My daughters Bday)
Starting Weight: 187
Present Weight: 163
Goal Weight: 145 to 135
Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Being consistant. not letting bumps in the road throw me off course.

Following any specific plan: Just using the knowlegde I gained in my gym dewelling days. using fitday as well.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: We have just bought a house, and are settled in for the first time in a long. time. There is no reason for me to fail this time.

Last edited by wannaBsize7; 07-27-2006 at 07:25 PM.
Closed Thread