Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 10:36 AM   #106  
LivingDeadGirl

S/C/G: 325/250/165

Height: 5'7"

First name (if you want to tell): Andrea

Geographical location: Minnesota

Marital Status: live in sin with BF, Andrew (we're talking a 2007 wedding)

Children/Ages: none (as of yet)

Occupation: Counselor at a home for teens with emotional disturbances

Pets: a dog, Millie (f, black lab/boxer mix)...two cats, Houdini [Dini] (f, light yellow/orange stripe) and Mystic [Missie] (f, black shorthair)

Hobbies/Interests: you can check out my website for more on this justferretpants.com

Eye/Hair Color: hazel

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: All my life...but since my top weight...a couple of years

Starting Weight: 325

Present Weight: 245 (approx...i try not to believe in scales)

Goal Weight: 160 would be great, but anything in the 199-175 range works too

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: horrible sweet tooth...i don't lose at ALL during the winter...i really only have a few months in the summer where i can lose a lot so it's frustrating to at least maintain the rest of the time

Following any specific plan: water, exercise, calorie intake patrol :P

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I finally realized if i work my rear off in the spring i lose a bunch...so finding my body's specific abilities

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm glad to be here...I post on Alterna-Chicks and then saw this club down here...I'm 25 (thought maybe we should know this for a 20 somethings group LMAO)
Old 08-30-2005, 12:12 PM   #107  

Hey all!
I am brand new on this site, and thought I should introduce myself. My name is Stephanie and I am 21. The reason I joined the site is that I am getting married in May and I need to shed a few pound by then. My mom and I went wedding dress shopping and found a dress that looked awesome on me, except that it was a little snug, and unfortunatly it is a dress from "last season" so it cannot be reordered. So with encouragement from my mother we went ahead and bought the one off the rack. The lady in the store says I only need to lose 20-25 pounds to fit into it, but I have opted for a bigger goal. I know that I need to lose weight, so I might as well do as much as I can.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:39 PM   #108  

First name (if you want to tell): Heather

Geographical location: Minnesota

Marital Status: married for 6.5 years

Children/Ages: Kalyn 6, Saige 3.5, and Alexander 1

Pets: cat (Charlie)

Hobbies/Interests: riding bike, shopping, playing with my kids

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: hazel

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 3/05

Starting Weight: 215

Present Weight: 190

Goal Weight: 140 for a start. I felt my best at 120-125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: not eating out of boredom

Following any specific plan: low carb (no wheat and citrus)

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm doing this for my kids. My dh and 2 of our kids have food intolerances to wheat and citrus. I've been on this diet since March 05. It's going good so far.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:17 PM   #109  

First name (if you want to tell): Jen

Geographical location: Oklahoma

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: none (as of yet)

Pets: a dog, Male min pin his name is sammy

Hobbies/Interests: anything on the computer

Height: 5'1"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: since may1st i believe

Starting Weight: 175

Present Weight: 150

Goal Weight: 110-125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: mmm mainly my loving to eat i love to eat once i start i cant stop

Following any specific plan: calorie watch and water and exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: this is the first time i am goin ona diet

Anything else you would like to share with us: no really but i am just plain o me
Old 09-01-2005, 11:00 AM   #110  
YourBumbleBeee

Default Here I am!!

First name: Aubrey

Geographical location: Currently in Southern NJ, will be moving to Ft. Worth, TX by the end of next summer

Marital Status: Single, will be moving to "live in sin" with the boyfriend (He's already down there.)

Children/Ages: n/a.. I want a family eventually.

Pets: My twelve year old grey half-Persian cat, Shadow.. I swear he thinks he's a puppy. He drools, is trained to a whistle, licks my face, and craves attention. I also have a 1 year old black and white short-hair... now she's a piece of work, and I know this sounds horrible, but I think she suffered from oxygen deprivation during birth. She's simply not right, we like to think she's a bit "slow."

Hobbies/Interests: Cooking, Being outdoor-sy, Museums, Coffeehouses, Gardening, Music (Playing, Listening, Live Music/Concerts, etc)... I'll try anything once.

Height: 5'11"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel...Dark honey blonde with highlights.. gonna go back to the natural dark blonde again for fall through.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: August 22nd.

Starting Weight: 249.6

Present Weight: 243.0

Goal Weight: 170-ish... I just want to feel better and look better... I'd like to shed a few sizes. I'm a 17/18 now, and I'm dying to be a 13/14, if not a 12.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Just getting my *** in gear with exercise. I'm finding the "It'll wait until tomorrow" excuse is killing me.

Following any specific plan: Honestly, I'm doing a combo of South Beach Phase 2 & Weight Watchers with some influence from the Mediterranean Diet. And the French diet's approach to chocolate.. lol.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Well, besides the fact that my office is having a weight loss contest (whoever loses the highest percentage of body weight wins -- yeah, I know the whole muscle vs. fat issue is going to be a problem)... My boyfriend just moved to TX and I'm dying to completely "WOW" him every time I see him until I move there as the "new-er" Me. I want to have a healthier me, with a better outlook on life, and honestly.. I don't want to be the girl with the "pretty face" anymore. I'm gorgeous and I know it (no, not being conceited, just self-confident) and I just want to show everyone else that there's always room for improvement.

*steps off of her soapbox*

*Addition*
Biggest fear for after the weight is lost: Well, I love my curves and I've always had a large chest... so I'm kinda attached to it and I don't want to lose it after I drop this weight.. (There is NO "if"... It will happen.)

Last edited by yourbumblebeee; 09-01-2005 at 11:15 AM.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:56 AM   #111  

First name (if you want to tell): Mary Jayne

Geographical location: El Paso, TX

Marital Status: Missing my boyfriend who's away because of the army

Children/Ages: None

Pets: Total of 9.. 3 dogs, 5 cats and 1 bunny. Only 3 at my apartment though, the rest are at my parents house. At the apt I've got 2 female kittens at 3 months old (Laverne & Shirley) and a 7 month old bunny (Kairi)

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, movies, sports

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Light brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: August 22, 2005

Starting Weight: 213

Present Weight: 207

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Letting go of orange soda. My weakness.

Following any specific plan: None. Just cutting out junk food and exercising more.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Hopefully the weight loss.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm a huge POTHEAD. Harry Potter that is, not the drug.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:11 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 264.2/264.2/150

Height: 5'5"

First name (if you want to tell): Amanda

Geographical location: Virginia

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: Christian 6, Haleigh 5

Pets: will have a mutt puppy in a few weeks

Hobbies/Interests: reading, working out, playing xbox w/ my son,

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Off and on for the past few years, lol.

Starting Weight: 218

Present Weight: 218

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I REALLY need to curb my soda intake, I drink 3 or more cans a day normally. Also portion sizes, I tend to over estimate on that.

Following any specific plan: no... just exercise and try to eat well. Trying to cut sweets and such to a VERY limited amount

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I just had a miscarriage. DH and I want to try again, but I first want to lose this extra weight and get in shape, that way next time around, I know that I will have done everything in my power to ensure my baby's health and well being while i am pregnant

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am hypothyroid (TSH 7.95 as of 8/8/05) currently taking 100mcg of synthroid daily
Old 09-03-2005, 06:12 PM   #113  
Totally motivated!!

First name (if you want to tell): My nickname is Lola

Geographical location: West Virginia

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: None

Pets: Two cats

Hobbies/Interests: Traveling, reading, shopping, hanging out with my friends and family, NASCAR, football, scrapbooking

Eye/Hair Color: Green/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: It seems like I've been doing it off and on for as long as I can remember. This time I feel completely committed.....I can't explain it.....I just know I can do it this time........8/29

Starting Weight: 184

Present Weight: 184

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: No willpower. I feel like I'm getting better at it but I still fear it will rear it's ugly head at any moment. I also work/go to school in a hospital and sometimes I'm just too lazy to make a lunch the night before so I'll get lunch in the cafeteria. BIG mistake there! The decent stuff is fried. I've been really good this past week though about making/bringing lunches.

Following any specific plan: No specific plan. I am just trying to watch my calories and exercise as much as I can. I'm also keeping a food diary. I've noticed that since Day 1 (just last week) I've already cut down on daily consumption b/c even when I thought I was eating well, I'd see a little snack and think......I could cut that out.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'll be 30 next year. Not that I mind being single, but I'm single because I don't have the confidence in myself to actually think someone could want to date me let alone marry me. Also because I'm thinking of health now. 30 is not old, however, like I said, I feel like I've been heavy ever since junior high. I don't want to end up being 50 and still trying to lose the weight. I want to be healthy NOW so that I can enjoy my life and not worry about what I'm putting my body through.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm really focused this time around and I'm so happy that I found this website! I can't wait to get to know you all and help support everyone's goals!

Last edited by gammagirl; 09-09-2005 at 05:58 AM.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:30 AM   #114  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

First name (if you want to tell): Daisy

Geographical location: Western Australia

Marital Status: living with BF

Children/Ages: none, but BF has two children. 10yr old girl and 8 yr old boy.

Pets: my two babies, Lulu a cavalier king charles and Lily a boston terrier. only babies at 7 months each.

Hobbies/Interests: reading, my dogs, scrapbooking, photography, decorating our newly built house (completely blank canvas - going to be so much fun!), movies, cooking

Height: 5'9"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: just started. and this will be the last time I start, but the first time I finish.

Starting Weight: 238

Present Weight: 234

Goal Weight: 145 on paper, but will cross that bridge when i come to it

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: i love food, i love cooking and experimenting in the kitchen - but am lazy so the indulgence shows on my hips. i need to move and breath and get my life on track.

Following any specific plan: loosely on low GI principles, but mainly focussing on cutting out the bad stuff (i mean, we all know what they are) and getting moving. I have been thinking about going back to vegetarianism but am including fish, chicken and lean red meat with lots of veges, and fruit for now.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I want to be a better person and that means getting myself to a stage that I am happy with me. I am not the way I am. I avoid going out because my clothes don't fit, avoid seeing my friends for fear of ridicule (which I deep down know they wouldn't do) and be healthier for my future family.

Anything else you would like to share with us: In the words of Edina Monsoon "there is a thin person inside this body, just screaming to get out!"

Daisy

Last edited by Daisy Boo; 09-06-2005 at 05:12 AM.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:42 PM   #115  
Future Fitness Model

S/C/G: 196.5/184.4/140

Height: 5'3

First name (if you want to tell): Latavia

Geographical location: Memphis

Marital Status: been with BF(father of my son) for 3 years now

Children/Ages: 1 son, Kameron DeAngelo and he's 7 months old

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: my son, shopping, going to the movies, reading, working out, watching tv, dancing, computers, going out to eat(obviously thats my problem now LMAO), music, animals

Height: 5'4

Eye/Hair Color: light brown/ Sandy brown with lite gold streaks

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: me really being serious about it TODAY

Starting Weight: 185

Present Weight: 170.8

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: FOOD, if I can only learn how to stop eating

Following any specific plan: well im trying the slim fast thingy only to help shrink my appetite back down and exercising...

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Im more serious this time about it

Anything else you would like to share with us: I can't think of anything else
Old 09-11-2005, 01:55 PM   #116  
I wanna look like this

Hi. I'm actually not new here. Joined a year ago but have just become active again after a long break. I don't think I ever introduced myself probably bacj then so here goes

First name (if you want to tell): Kirsten

Geographical location: Denmark (small northern european country)

Marital Status: single, live with my sister

Children/Ages: none

Pets: none...I know I shouldn't said cause it makes me sound unormal but I don't really like animals...

Hobbies/Interests: my notebook, movies, music, hanging out with friends, going out for cappuccinos, shopping.

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Black with dark-brown highlights (natural)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: just started again on aug. 30

Starting Weight: 139

Present Weight: 135

Goal Weight: 115, I've done it before so it's not impossible. However I'd be happy with 120-ish.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I tend to cut out all processed carbs which I know is a bad idea since I can't go without them. Need to tell myself that it's ok to eat bread, rice etc. in moderate portions. Also have to allow myself to eat little of everything and not consider the day ruined if I have a couple of pieces of chocolate cause cutting out sweets from my diet completely will lead to binging - I've learn the hard way.

Following any specific plan: Counting calories. The goal is to stay between 1100-1600 with and average around 1300. It's a pretty broad range but it makes it easier to keep and hopefully gives me less bad days. Yep, every little trick helps

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm eating more carbs than on previous diets, only weigh myself once a week, have started weight training and don't obsess much about food. And I tell myself that having one bad day or a day without exercise won't ruin all the good once and that it isn't an excuse to start week-long periods with junkfood.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Can't think of anything right now but if there's something you wanna know feel free to ask
Old 09-13-2005, 09:43 PM   #117  

Hi, I'm new here and thought this would be a good place to start off.

First name (if you want to tell): Shauna

Geographical location: California

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: none

Pets: 3 dogs. Frank (lab mix) is 4, Maisie (1/2 basset hound, 1/2 lab) is 2, Clinton (boston terrier) is 8 months

Hobbies/Interests: shopping, reading, reality television, board games, college football, hitting the beach with the pups

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: September 6, 2005

Starting Weight: 160

Present Weight: 160

Goal Weight: 140 but I'd be with happy with 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I have always had a big appetite and it seems like I'm hungry within a couple of hours after a meal. That results in all-day snacking and grazing.

Following any specific plan: No red meats. Other than that, eating healthier (in quantity and quality) with more regular exercise.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've only tried to lose weight one other time in my life. I was miserable throughout that whole experience, but I lost 15 pounds in about 3 months. I know I can do it again, but I'm trying to find ways to keep myself from being hungry and bitter the whole time! It's going well so far.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:27 PM   #118  
clean eating chick

Height: 5'8

First name (if you want to tell): Ali

Geographical location: Canada

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: nope

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: travel, concerts, theatre, movies, reading, crafts

Height: 5'8

Eye/Hair Color: brown/green

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: When I was 15

Starting Weight: 167 (all time high)

Present Weight: 147

Goal Weight: 130

Lowest Weight: 130 (four years ago)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I eat because I'm bored. I love food, it just tastes so darn good! I also lack self control and willpower.

Following any specific plan: nope, exercise and eat less

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm serious now, because this is getting out of control!

Anything else you would like to share with us: a little about my history...I intially came to this website a few years ago and it helped me succeed in losing about 35 pounds (yay!) However due to various circumstances, including a bout with mono (you know how they tell you it makes you not want to eat? LIES!) and general laziness, I'm up about 20 pounds from my lowest weight. Even though I've only gone up one size in clothes (from a 4 to a 6) I feel just terrible about it and I SERIOUSLY need to lose weight because I can't fit into my clothes anymore, and I don't want to buy a whole new wardrobe So since this site worked for me last time, I'll give it another shot. Looking forward to meeting you all.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:23 PM   #119  
Med Student

Default About Me!

Geographical location: Boston, Mass.

Marital Status: Single with no serious relationship (grr)

Children/Ages: Nope

Pets: 2 adorable pugs that I had to leave at home with my mom but I miss them very much!

Hobbies/Interests: running, spinning, sudoko, cooking, cleaning (weird but I love it!)

Height: 5'7.5"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue Eyes/Dark blond hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Well for a while but my losing actually began around the end of June

Starting Weight: 167

Present Weight: 155

Goal Weight: My first goal is to get under 145 by Thanksgiving and then 135 by around Valentine's Day.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I eat too much!

Following any specific plan: Low fat (except for nuts) and high fiber

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm really getting into strength training in addition to my normal cardio efforts and I'm in a completely new setting since I just started school in Boston.

Anything else you would like to share with us: My weight has a wildly fluctuating past.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:17 AM   #120  
Alaska chick

Wink

Name: Julie

Geographical location: Soldotna, Alaska

Marital Status:Living w/BF

Children/Ages:2/ ages 1 and 4

Hobbies/Interests:Playing with kids, snow machining, fishing.

Height:5'10"

Eye/Hair Color:Green/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:September 15,2005

Starting Weight:320

Present Weight:315

Goal Weight:240

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not eating the right foods!
Closed Thread