3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Getting to know you... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/57412-getting-know-you.html)

thebell 12-31-2007 10:57 PM

Geographical location: Texas, USA

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: None

Pets: Two birds

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, writing, cooking (yikes!)

Height: 5' 1/2"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Renewing here today at 172

Starting Weight: 172

Present Weight: 172

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Becoming less food-obsessed

Following any specific plan: Adhering to a more natural diet a la Dr. Andrew Weil's writing.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past?: My husband has recently had medical problems that have made us reevaluate how important a healthy lifestyle really is for both of us.

Anything else you would like to share with us?: I've joined the 3FC blogs, and I'd love for you to stop by!

NaturalStupidit 01-01-2008 11:34 AM

First name (if you want to tell): Kathy

Geographical location: Illinois

Marital Status: Not married, but have a bf of 2 years.

Children/Ages: None.

Pets: 1 german shepard/beagle mix

Hobbies/Interests: I looove to shop (usually for other people, as I HATE clothes shopping for myself!), and I really really like to cook. One of my new year's resolutions is to learn how to play an instrument so hopefully that will be one of my interests soon! hehe

Height: Dr. says I'm 6'1'' more like 5'11''

Eye/Hair Color: I dye it a lot - naturally brunette, right now it's a purpley/reddish/dark brown/blackish

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 2nd, 2008

Starting Weight: 305

Present Weight: 305

Goal Weight: It really depends, I'm thinking my goal weight for the year will be 215, but overall I think normal for me is around 180 so if I could ever get down to that, it would be great!

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love food way to much! I also have an underactive thyroid (hypothyroid) which, in the past has not helped with the whole losing weight idea.

Following any specific plan: Not at the moment, just trying to start off slow and now over do it. I want to start off adding exercise into my daily life and then as that gets better eating healthier and just living healthier.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm hoping that the fact that I'm not getting any younger will help. Before I felt young, like a kid. I'm growing up and I think I just need to get a better handle on this! I don't want to be dealing with this all of my life!

Lynne08 01-01-2008 07:03 PM

First Name (if you want to tell):

Geographical location: Illinois...in the middle :)

Marital Status: Married.

Children/Ages: 2 boys, 7 and 5

Pets: None.

Hobbies/Interests: Antique shopping, family, friends - photography is a given as well :)

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today, Jan 1st, 2008.

Starting Weight: 184.6

Present Weight: 184.6

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Late night eatting, not enough sleep and getting back intoi excersize.

Following any specific plan: Basic's....watching calories. excerise, vitamins, water.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Well before (about 4 years ago) I had always been overweight and dropped 90 pounds. This time around is just because I gained back 30lbs over time. I know how to lose it and what to do, I just need to actually DO it and stick with it instead of getting busy and letting myself get by with eatting bad!! haha!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Nope! I'm just typically pretty upbeat, easy going, and a people-person!

agirlscamaro 01-02-2008 01:23 PM

my bio/stats

First name (if you want to tell): Jennifer (Jenn)

Geographical location: Virginia

Marital Status: married to David for 4 years together for 5

Children/Ages: none

Occupation: graduate student (ft) case manager for major insurance co (FT) Geek Squad (PT)

Pets: Kitteh Lucius, a black short hair mail. Saphira a soft gray medium hair female. I also have a skunk family in the summer/fall and deer in & out.

Hobbies/Interests: movies, reading, listening to music. Crocheting, computers, knitting, scrapbooking, Camaro’s, car’s in general.

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown, very dark for both

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: as for this one it’s 1/1/08, I’m not counting past failures and successes. This is a fresh start

Starting Weight: 229.5

Present Weight: same

Goal Weight: 135-140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I’m an emotional eater. I feel that food is there to comfort me. Although I’m starting to demean myself when I eat so that’s starting to curb the desire.

Following any specific plan: I’m thinking it’s going to be South Beach with a few mods here and there.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I’m 26 years old and if I don’t lose weight now I WILL get diabetes. I WILL have all sorts of heart problems. All of my siblings and parents are diabetic; they may be ½ siblings but still.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I love the Camaro, much of what I do center’s around the car. I want to lose weight get in shape, get a great job and get a new model Z28 in a year or two when they come out. TRANSFORMERS rock!

i'm going to post some pictures soon i think. I just have to find some. I don't allow photo's to be taken of me much now that i've gained so much weight.

glasgow314 01-02-2008 10:08 PM

First Name (if you want to tell): Brandy

Geographical location: East Texas

Marital Status: Married

Pets: A cat, Shadow.

Hobbies/Interests: mostly I just work and hang out with friends, I just bought a Wii game called Dance Dance Revolution. I love it and it is a great workout so hopefully I will stick to playing it everyday

Height: 5'9"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel and brown.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I have been trying to lose weight since I was in 6th grade but i started back today

Starting Weight: my heaviest weight was 272

Present Weight: 253

Goal Weight: 169 is my highest ideal weight so hopefully one day I will see what I look like at that weight.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: incorporating exercise, not eating too much. I am addicted to food-I don't eat that much sweet stuff but I eat too much of everything else

Following any specific plan: Loosely counting calories.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Nothing yet but I hope I stick to it this time

Anything else you would like to share with us: Just please pray for me to stick with it this time. I have been a member of 3FC for a long time but I never really used it that much. It is a very big site but I hope to get to know some people and have some support.

grsshppr045 01-03-2008 12:31 AM

First Name (if you want to tell): Lauren

Geographical location: Michigan, United States

Marital Status: Long-term relationship

Pets: A golden named Emmy

Hobbies/Interests: I love to swim, I used to be on the swim team during high school and I wish I could do it more now! I also love traveling and just doing anything fun with my family and friends. I can usually entertain myself easily. Once I graduate (hopefully soon) I plan on going into travel and tourism public relations.

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I have been "trying" to lose weight since around 4th grade, even though I wasn't even bigger until high school.

Starting Weight: I'm at 185, which is my heaviest :/

Present Weight: 185

Goal Weight: 150 lbs is my goal weight, and if I think I could use a few more pounds off, I'll try to go even further!

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Giving myself enough time to exercise!

Following any specific plan: I want to make as much as possible rather than buying frozen dinners or going to fast food resturants. I also want to start incorporating more walking into my day, in addition to exercise.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time I have the now-or-never approach. It may not be the best way to go about it, but I feel it's the only way I can get myself motivated. Plus I'm going to try and get involved with this website, so I don't feel like I'm doing it alone.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I've always been depressed about my weight. It is an issue that has been brought to my attention many times over the years. I need all of the help and encouragement I can get from everyone to succeed! If you happen to notice I'm not posting as much, or online ever (which I know there are a lot of users here, but hopefully I will get to know at least some of you!) please, please, please instant message or email me! :)

journey2happiness 01-03-2008 07:22 PM

First name: Haz.

Geographical location: Ontario

Marital Status: single

Pets:none but when I move out I'd like to get a big cuddly dog:hug:

Hobbies/Interests: reading, watching tv, listening to music, eating, hanging with friends who make me laugh

Height: 5'3''-5'4'' (?)

Eye/Hair Color: red brown/natural colour black but died blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:January 4, 2008 (I'll kick it into gear this time)

Starting Weight: 150

Present Weight: 150

Goal Weight: short term goal: 135 long term goal: 120 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Learning how to love myself. I'll be doing really well but once I look in the mirror or think of bad moments I dive into the food. I'm going to work on this!!!

Following any specific plan: I'm going to try to learn how to eat normaly: 3 meals a day with snacks in between, going to limit my sugar intake, and exercise.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time I'm going to eat 3 meals a day and not just stick to one type of foods. when I'm feeling sad or stressed I'm not going to give into binging but instead say something positive to myself or do something to feel good about myself. You only get one life...you have to live like there's no tomorrow and believe in yourself!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm going to become a positive person and give my pessimism the boot!

Michiemish 01-04-2008 12:10 AM

First Name (if you want to tell): Michelle

Geographical location: California

Marital Status: living with fiance

Pets: 2 chocolate labs Maggie and Charlie

Hobbies/Interests: Crafts, Music, Comedy, Reading

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Reddish Brown right now

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Starting again today.

Starting Weight: 265

Present Weight: 265

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Giving myself enough time to exercise!

Following any specific plan: Just trying not to over eat right now.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Being honest with myself

Anything else you would like to share with us: I need someone to talk to. I can't talk to my fiance or my frirends. I just don't think they will understand. My fiance just doesn't understand what type of support I need. He thinks his way will help me when it actually hurts me.

BrandNewJen 01-04-2008 02:52 PM

Hi, I'm Jen

First name (if you want to tell): Jen

Geographical location: Western New York

Marital Status: Married since May 2007, dated him for 4 years

Occupation: Probation Officer (imagine my fat butt going through defensive tactics training? not fun!)

Pets: Tortie Cat named Baby (gay, I know! Her name is really Isabelle, but we just started calling her using "Baby" and now that's what she responds to, so we don't want to confuse her. I'm not a cat person--- will get a BIG fluffy dog when we get a house.

Hobbies/Interests: Singing, Reading, Camping, Ebay, Online shopping, Fishing

Height: 6'1"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue-green eyes, Reddish brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 2, 2008 (not the first one, but hopefully the last weightloss journey I take)

Starting Weight: 302.4

Present Weight: 299.8

Goal Weight: I'd like to be 215 again... 215 would put me where I was when I met my husband in a small size 14... (yeah, go figure, 215 and STILL a 14! Blame the height and frame on me) My semi-unrealistic ULTIMATE weight would be 185. Not sure if it's really possible with my frame though, or how it would look... But I was quite happy and SEXAAAAAY at 215. :-) The lowest I ever was as an adult.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Motivation to get my butt moving and get over my super stretched out stomach and get used to WAYYYY smaller portion sizes

Following any specific plan: Smaller portions, more veggies, exercising at least every other day, cutting out high cal/fat foods.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Since meeting my husband in Jan 2003, I have gained EIGHTY SEVEN pounds. He has gained 25. I want to be SEXY again... and I want my body healthy for when we decide to have children in a year or so...

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am ACTIVELY LOOKING FOR HEALTHY RECIPES!!!! I'm a new wife and therefore new cook... I'm learning the basics, so new, uncomplex, easy recipes with no CRAZY ingredients to add to my new healthy lifestyle would be MUCH APPRECIATED!

JasonsLea 01-07-2008 03:30 AM

I've been a member of this site for almost three years and I'm just posting my profile here! :dizzy:

First name: Shari

Geographical location: San Antonio, TX

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: None yet

Pets: none right now :(

Hobbies/Interests: whatever makes me happy at the moment

Height: 5'5

Eye/Hair Color: dark brown, dark (red, brown, black)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: well I joined 3FC on 3/5/05....I can't remember when I first joined WW.

Starting Weight: 255

Present Weight: ???

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: ME! I procrastinate like nobody's business.

Following any specific plan: I have total faith in Weight Watchers.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:

I'm tired! I'm freaking 21 years old and I'm tired. I've been on this board almost three years and I have NOTHING to show for it and that makes me ashamed. :cry:

Anything else you would like to share with us: All my friends on this board are my anchor. :hug:

cutie915 01-08-2008 01:27 PM

First name (if you want to tell): Kimberly

Geographical location: Georgia

Marital Status: single but live with boyfriend of 1 yr 4 mos.

Children/Ages: girl age 5 and boy age 2.5

Occupation: pretty much a stay at home mom, but work part time at deli

Pets: currently- none, we are planning to get a golden retriever after we move

Hobbies/Interests: reading, surfing the web, arts and crafts

Height: 5'0"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/ dyed burgandy brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1/1/08

Starting Weight: 175

Present Weight: 169

Goal Weight: I would say about 115 lbs, but it depends on how I look and feel at that weight

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Definately eating, I will walk on a treadmill all day long but the eating is the hard part. Also I hate the taste of artificial sugar and water isnt my favorite. I think much of the reason I gained so much weight is due to the fact that I probably drank 2000 calories a day...:^:

Following any specific plan: actually I am kind of combining different ones to fit me... getting the biggest loser cookbook and calorie counter, joining Curves, and using recipes and food lists from several sources

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Well I haven't ever really put effort into trying to lose weight. I always said I would be never really did... this time I have bought a treadmill and will be signing up at Curves. I would like to find an accountability partner :hug: to go to Curves with me but we will see about that

Anything else you would like to share with us: I will be putting a "before" pic up soon

kellia23 01-08-2008 04:08 PM

First name (if you want to tell): Kelli

Geographical location: West Virginia

Marital Status: Married.

Children/Ages: none...just dogs and cats

Occupation: contract administrator ( fire protection contractor )

Pets: 2 dogs, 2 cats

Hobbies/Interests: Zumba, going to concerts (especially country), WVU football & basketball, hanging out with friends, the BEACH, camping

Height: 5'9ish"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This time around...January 7th, 2008.

Starting Weight: 175

Present Weight: 175

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Beer, bread, potatoes

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i really need to combine the diet with exercise...it's a lifestyle change.

Anything else you would like to share with us: i hope i stick to it this time!!

manda19 01-08-2008 07:50 PM

First name (if you want to tell): Mandi

Geographical location: Dallas TX

Marital Status: live in sin with BF (ditto for me)

Children/Ages: none (again ditto)

Pets: English Bulldog Sampson

Hobbies/Interests: Crafts, shoppiing, anything fun

Height: 5'1"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/green

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 3rd..just last week.

Starting Weight: 229

Present Weight: 229...weigh in thurday so hopefully that number has gone down!

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Realizing how overweight I am and that I need to get healthy.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am sticking to it this time. My sister is getting married in Mexico this August and I want to feel comfortable in a bathing suit on the beach. I also anticipate getting engaged soon so I have my own wedding to think about.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Not at this time, but I'm sure I'll think of something soon!!

NinaDJ 01-08-2008 10:09 PM

First Name (if you want to tell): Nina

Geographical location: Alabama

Pets: A dog, Peanut

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, writing, music, movies, surfing the internet, video games, shopping

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 01/07/2008

Starting Weight: 332.6

Present Weight: 332.6

Goal Weight: 120-140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Exercise and resisting temptation for my favorite foods

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm trying to take it slowly. Right now I'm focusing on just my eating habits, once I get that down, I will slowly had in exercise. I'm more motivated. My weight has affected every aspect of my life. I've been this way for the long time, and it has made me want to lock myself in my house and not leave. I'm extremely shy and afraid to be around new people and do new things because I'm worried that I will be judge only on my weight.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I hope to meet supportive people here, and I'm really committed this time!

needs2droplbs 01-09-2008 12:31 AM

Hi everyone!!

First Name (if you want to tell): staci

Geographical location: Wisconsin

Children/Ages: nope!

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: sports, shopping, hanging with friends, music, bars,working out...... basically everything:o

Height: 5'4

Eye/Hair Color: Blondish/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: nov/dec 07

Starting Weight: 242

Present Weight: 235

Goal Weight: 140ish

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: doing it for the right reason --> ME!!!!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I really want to be heathly, and it kind of out weighs the whole looking good part bc i know i look good, and if someone doesn't see that, well they are so not for me :dizzy:

Anything else you would like to share with us: Looking to meet some hot chicks my age that understand we are all worth something and we can all overcome this weight **** one day at a time!!