3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Getting to know you... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/57412-getting-know-you.html)

JustForUs 06-02-2005 05:39 PM

First name (if you want to tell): Cheree

Geographical location: Michigan

Marital Status: Live in sin With BF ;)

Children/Ages: Makayla 8 1/2 months

Pets: nadda

Hobbies/Interests: shopping, going to the movies, reading, working out, Dancing, Hockey, football <watching sports in general> Going out to the bar or park, Crazy nights with friends... once in a great awhile..Meeting new people etc.

Height: 5'7

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Dark brownish/aurburnish

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: umm... Lets see MANY TIMES... May 23rd FOR SURE this time!!

Starting Weight: 216

Present Weight: 212

Goal Weight:135 or healthy

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:I wanna say carbs and sticking to the diet, but hte real thing is... Drinking! and portions, watch my portions!!.

Following any specific plan: Low calorie intake, excercise 3 - 4 times a week low low carbs..

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My support. My boyfriend and my daughter are my support group and my inspiration. Ok my wedding to, and maybe htat honeymoon vision of us on the beach with me in a bikini!! heheh ;)

Anything else you would like to share with us

lawstudentblues 06-02-2005 11:12 PM

Good to be back!

Hi everyone, It has been awhile since I have been on, so I thought I would update.

Geographical location: Midwest

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: none

Pets: none, hoping to get a cat soon

Hobbies/Interests: if only I had time....

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Sept 2004

Starting Weight: 201

Present Weight: 180

Goal Weight: 150 by Sept 2005 for my 20-10 bday :D

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Exercise. I have gotten better, but I get bored so easily.

Following any specific plan: Tae Bo!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This is actually the first time I've ever tried to lose weight. It is when I reached 200 that scared me into action.

BrunetteChic_2000 06-03-2005 09:51 AM

First name (if you want to tell): Krista

Geographical location: Georgia :mad:

Marital Status: married, 3 years as of 24 May

Children/Ages:
1 son - 5 y.o., 1 step-daughter 6 y.o. (she lives with her mom in Illinois)

Pets: None! :?: I realllly miss pets. Damn apartment living!

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, going to the movies, all kinds of TV, cooking, baking, eating .. anyone else seeing a pattern here? I love going to museums, zoos, parks (but not in this freakin' deep south heat), I love trail running (in places where there are not 50 different kinds of poisions snakes - ditto for camping. I also love live sporting events, but will watch college football on TV (preferably in a nice sports bar with wings and beer... :devil: )

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: hazel/dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: everyday is a new day for weight loss.

Starting Weight: 195.5

Present Weight: 193.2

Goal Weight: Ummm, not in the 190s that for sure - I am going for 140 and buff.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love to cook and eat. When I get depressed or upset I go for the food (thanks mom), and I hate excersizing in heat.

Following any specific plan: Try to eat right every day - make good choices, and run or walk every day. I need to start doing weights again, but I am lazy.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My sex life blows and I am tired of it. :lol: That is part of it - but also since I started nursing school I have really realized how important and how amazing my body is and I don't want it covered in fat anymore. I want to be healthy!

Anything else you would like to share with us: The wife of my husbands friend gave me a training schedule that will have me ready to run a marathon by my birthday - Jan. 8 - So, I am training for that!! ;) Yay 27 - what an awesome gift to myself!!!!!

Rossy 06-04-2005 02:59 AM

First name (if you want to tell): Rosa

Geographical location: California

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: No Children

Occupation: Office assitant at a Market research company. I'm also a part time student working on becoming a teacher (elementary)

Pets:
a Chihuahua

Hobbies/Interests: Web design, going to concerts and hanging out with family. I also volunteer at an animal shelter.

Height: 5'6

Eye/Hair Color: Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This year, really starting.

Starting Weight: 250

Present Weight: 241

Goal Weight: 150-160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My biggest problem is overeating. I tend to eat just because. I lack motivation as well.

Following any specific plan: Exercising more and eating less.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Before this year I really never felt necessary to lose weight. I really never felt the need to change who i was and I was ok being fat. I really want to lose weight this time around due to being afraid of getting diabetes or high blood pressure (Both are in my family history)

Anything else you would like to share with us: Hope to make friends who can encourage me and I can encourage.

Fairyprences 06-05-2005 05:48 PM

irst name (if you want to tell): Shannon

Geographical location: Orange County California

Marital Status: single, but I have a bf

Pets: two yorkies Macknezie, and Willoughby, and a Chow named Sierra

Hobbies/Interests: sports, music, animals

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:Middle of May (no progress yet though,, so I continue to reinvent my plan)

Starting Weight: 142

Present Weight: 142

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: That fact that I love to eat

Following any specific plan: 1400 calories a day.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This is pretty much the first time ive been serious about it

Anything else you would like to share with us:

Lizzyg 06-05-2005 06:01 PM

First name (if you want to tell): Liz

Geographical location: Michigan

Marital Status: LTR

Children/Ages: No Children

Pets: a Chihuahua, named Cocoa

Hobbies/Interests: reading, chatting online, anything fun

Height: 5'7

Eye/Hair Color: dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today :)

Starting Weight: 260

Present Weight: 260

Goal Weight: I have it listed as 200, but really I just want to be healthier and be a size 13/14.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Overeating. I eat when emotional, bored or just all the time it seems.

Following any specific plan: Work on exercising more, and eating better. I'm going to try and follow WW again.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm just tired of being overweight. I feel like I've hit my lowest point recently, and I want to get rid of this extra weight.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I hope that by being here and meeting some great people, I'll be able to do it this time, and help others as well :)

LesnarsTXF5Diva 06-05-2005 06:17 PM

First name: Catherine

Geographical location: Texas

Pets: female Boston Terrier (she looks just like the one that is my avatar, except her left eye is an albino eye)

Hobbies/Interests: Music, baseball, singing at church, watching #8 racing the track, working out

Height: 5'7"

Eye;Hair Color: blue/grey; brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: For the bigtime weight loss - May 14, 2003

Starting Weight: 270, but highest was 315

Present Weight: 195

Goal Weight: 160-170

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Once a month (hint) I start *craving* fried chicken. My only other biggest one is binging then restricting bigtime the rest of the week.

Following any specific plan: Not really, just eat whatever we have that's low-no fat and watch the carbs.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: That I actually stuck with it for some crazy, unknown reason and have lost over 120 pounds

hexagram 06-05-2005 07:05 PM

First name (if you want to tell): Mandy

Geographical location: Ontario, Canada

Children/Ages: Children and I don't really get along.

Pets: I killed all my fish last month by leaving the light on the tank on for a week...who knew that could kill them?

Hobbies/Interests: Graphic/web design, modern art and interor design and writing/listening/watching live MUSIC.

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color:Eyes = grey. Hair = blonde/red/brown on top layers, black underneath

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: May 2001

Starting Weight: ...280.

Present Weight: 260

Goal Weight: 175

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My schedule and the fact that I LOVE work and have become a workaholic. I also tend to eat when bored and by myself, and I also suck at time management these days. Oh yes, and I also am lacking in the whole cooking area...I blame university.

Following any specific plan: exercise more, eat less. Cut back on the stupid pasta.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My health. At the ripe old age of 23, I've developed asthma because of this business...I hear that is what the cool kids are doing these days. Riiiggghhhtt...

Anything else you would like to share with us: I've spent the past 3 hours looking at this site while at work. Good thing today is a Sunday....did I mention that I'm a workaholic?

She-Mullett 06-05-2005 08:26 PM

First name (if you want to tell): Meredith

Geographical location: South Dakota

Marital Status: I guess I'm engaged as of last week

Children/Ages: 2 1/2 month old, Kate

Pets: Nope

Hobbies/Interests: Attachment Parenting, Wakeboarding, Boating, Camping, Fishing, Playing guitar and cello, and making web pages

Height: 5'6

Eye/Hair Color: White blond in front, red everywhere else. Naturally it is boring dark blond.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Right after my daughter was born in March

Starting Weight: 205

Present Weight: 174

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I eat huge portions. I also don't exercise at the intensity I should.

Following any specific plan: I am using the SELF diet club to track my calories and exercise. I can't cut carbs or calories too much since I am nursing. I am trying to just eat a balanced diet and not dip too much above or below 2000 calories per day.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am sick of not being healthy. I quit smoking when I found out I was pregnant a year ago and I finally have lung capacity. My family has a history of high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes. I want to ensure that I am healthy for my family and can be a fun mom that can keep up when my daughter is older.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am getting married in September and would really like to look good. I have joined this site 3 different times over the last 5 or 6 years and it is time to make it to the maintanence forum.

WastedThermos 06-06-2005 01:59 PM

First name: Liz

Geographical location: Columbia, SC

Marital Status:
Single!!

Pets: 1 crazy looking dog, Okie

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, writing, movies, spending money, having parties, cooking, working out

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I can't remember not trying to lose weight

Starting Weight
: 230

Present Weight: 219

Goal Weight: 140 (I think) I want to have muscles

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: emotional eating, specifically when I'm alone all I want to do is eat. Also, eating out less and making good decisions when I do eat out. And! avoiding the candy dishes at work.

Following any specific plan: exercise 5-6 times a week... cardio/strength training... More veggies, less ice cream and mexican food. Also finding other ways to keep myself busy instead of eating.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I finally have found my love of working out, and now I just have to get the eating part right.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Hmmm... Oprah is my fitness inspiration. I've read all of the Bob Greene books and they just make a lot of sense to me when it comes to weight loss.

Treadgirl 06-06-2005 03:25 PM

First name (if you want to tell): Wendy

Geographical location: Rhode Island

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: One daughter- Jessie Mae, dob 9/14/04

Pets: Two rottiweillers; Zeus and Tasha, and one cat Precious
only the cat now, we lost both dogs within 6 months of each other last year!

Hobbies/Interests: shopping, playing with daughter

Eye/Hair Color: hazel/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: May 16th, 2005

Starting Weight: 195

Present Weight: 189

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love to eat, especially fast food and chocolate.

Following any specific plan: slimfast, excerise 6-10 times a week portion control!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have a daughter now that I want to be able to play with, take to the beach, shopping, etc and her not be embarassed of me. I also want to feel healthy again. I don't feel good about myself at all.

Anything else you would like to share with us: No, not right now.

mom2nicolenmatthew 06-07-2005 12:32 PM

First name (if you want to tell): Melissa

Geographical location: South Carolina

Marital Status:married
Children/Ages: 2 3yr old girl 2 week old son

Pets: Poodle Buddy

Hobbies/Interests: Puzzles doing arts and crafts with DD, working out, spending what time I can with my DH who is in the Navy.

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: hope to start very soon once I get the okay from ob dr.

Starting Weight: 174

Present Weight: 174

Goal Weight: I dont care about the numbers I just want my body fat percentage to be as low as it can healthily be and I want to be toned.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: finding a healthy way of eating that works and is easy for me to stick with.

Following any specific plan: I plan to start Atkins once I get my post partum okay from dr.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Ive had my second and final child and I am my highest weight ever so I know it will be very easy for my weight to keep on climbing and I am going to work my hardest to achieve my desired results!

Sadiepies 06-07-2005 10:39 PM

First name (if you want to tell): I would, but a moderator advised me not to? :) So, just Sadiepies for now. :)

Geographical location: North Carolina

Marital Status: Happily Married for 5 years and 2 months. :cloud9:

Children/Ages: none yet. I have to do IVF to get preggo, and it hasn't worked so far. We are planning to start the adoption process in the South Korea Program next year! :D We will still do IVF in the future though.

Occupation: Teacher assistant, but when I'm finally done with school, I would like to work in the School Administrative office developing programs for children, or work in high school guidance.

Pets: A doberman (Sadie), another doberman pup (Mac), a boxer (Daphne) my baby!, and 2 cats, (Cody & Casey). If you count the fish, we have 6 of them! :dizzy:

Hobbies/Interests: singing, shopping, looking at new houses, dancing, spending time with husband, friends and family, researching what interests me.

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue eyes and Red & blonde hair...this month!:lol:I'm really liking it though. :D

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: February 1st 2005;But I weighed 167 before that and lost 7 lbs a few months before I started. ;)

Starting Weight: 167 (160 in Feb though)

Present Weight:137

Goal Weight: Hopefully130, but 135 is okay too! I just want to at least tone now!

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My husband eats EVERYTHING and it's hard not to eat what he does sometimes.

Following any specific plan: South Beach Diet

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This diet is so much easier to stick to! I love it! I have lost more weight too! :smug:

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm sure I'll let ya'll know as it comes to me. ;)

dakotamidnight 06-10-2005 11:59 AM

First name (if you want to tell): Darla
Geographical location: Texas

Marital Status: Living apartment-style with the parents moving in next week

Pets: Two Cats - Skitzo and Kika, and a Taco Bell Doggie named Zowie

Hobbies/Interests: Shopping, computers, reading, Harry Potter

Height: 5'3"ish - should be about 5'7" or so after my back surgery

Eye/Hair Color: green and brown/ light brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: well....I guess I'd say when I was about 11 or so? But this portion started May 1st 2005.

Starting Weight: 240

Present Weight: 229

Goal Weight: 140-ish or wherever I feel good at

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Getting in enough exercise

Following any specific plan: WW flex plan

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm actually TRYING

Anything else you would like to share with us:

bida 06-11-2005 08:08 PM

Geographical location: Los Angeles
Children/Ages: None
Pets: none
Hobbies/Interests: films, reading, music (performing/listening), snuggling, hanging out with friends, running
Eye/Hair Color: light brown
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: originally - 13, currently June 6th
Starting Weight: 204?
Present Weight: 204?
Goal Weight: 130 or what my frame can be

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Mindless snacking, eating till I am really really full

Following any specific plan: low cal, lots of excersize - I can't cut all the carbs because of running, if I do that I fell totally useless

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: well I have hired a trainer to motivate me for the next 2 months, even though I am in school again and can't really afford it. I have decided it is important for me to a) not turn into my mother b) be healthy for the rest of my life c) attract attractive men :) hey I am in LA and single again.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I really want to succeed this time - I think I say that everytime But I can't wait until I am 50 to do this. I know skinniness won't solve all my problems, but maybe it will stop me from obsessing over my wieght for all eternity? all right, maybe I will still obsess about it - but at least maybe I will feel good while obsessing over it?