3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Getting to know you... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/57412-getting-know-you.html)

angela095 10-24-2005 05:06 PM

First name (if you want to tell): Angela
Geographical location: Upstate NY

Marital Status: Single as ever!

Children/Ages: none

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: reading, writing, health and wellness, hanging with friends

Height: 4'11"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/hazel

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Wow, this is a toughie. I feel like I have been dieting ALL my life.

Starting Weight: 151 (highest weight ever--not really sure where my starting point is)

Present Weight: 143

Goal Weight: 105 (i think, it depends on what I look like as i get closer to that weight. I don't want to be too skinny, i want to have a booty and some muscles!)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: FOOD! I definitely love to eat and a lot! I eat when i am bored, happy, sad, stressed, you name it. Also, its very hard for me to get into an exercise routine, but i am trying really hard this time to stick with it.

Following any specific plan: I've tried to follow many different plans (Weight Watchers, South Beach Diet, etc) but i've never been able to stick with them. Right now i am concentrating on eating healthy foods and controlling my portions. I was also a fast food junkie,so i've been avoiding that like the plague!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Hi everyone! I can't wait to 'meet' all of you!

mandy71480 10-24-2005 08:18 PM

First name (if you want to tell): Mandy

Geographical location: South Carolina

Marital Status: Will be married on 11/15/05

Children/Ages: None

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: watching movies, surfing the net, making graphics

Height: 5'4.5"

Eye/Hair Color: greenish bluish hazel/ Deep Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today! 10/24/05

Starting Weight: 264.8

Present Weight: 264.8

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Getting back on track after a "treat"

Following any specific plan: nope, just eating better, calorie counting to a degree, and exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have a real motivation for it now

Anything else you would like to share with us: Hi!

SunnyKells 10-26-2005 11:04 PM

howdy

First name (if you want to tell): Kelli

Geographical location: Colorado

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: none

Pets: none :(

Hobbies/Interests: music, movies, anything w/ friends and family, especially my niece ... I love to be out and social but I equally enjoy staying home with a good movie or book!

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Hmmm ... well I've had multiple journeys but for this one ... today, October 26th!

Starting Weight: 190

Present Weight: 190

Goal Weight: Working on 125 ultimately ... wouldn't mind being 135 though, I'd be happy.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Little support ... no motivation ... everyone at my job is overweight (we sit on our butts all day) and most of my family is at least chubby so no one really encourages it.

Following any specific plan: Just gonna watch what I eat and workout

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Well, all the previous times I've lost weight it's been to make others happy ... this time I'm doing it for myself and hopefully for good!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I just can't wait to have a support system and to make friends (hopefully all of you!) struggling with the same thing I am!

stacylambert 10-31-2005 07:09 PM

First name (if you want to tell): Stacy

Geographical location: San Diego, Ca

Marital Status: Married for 3.5 years

Children/Ages: None

Pets: Mixed breed dog named Dakota and four guinea pigs named Reeses, Oreo, Snickerdoodle, and Jubilee.

Hobbies/Interests: Dirtbikes/Quads, camping, decorating, crafts, video games, among others (unusual mix!)

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: Green eyes and brown (at the moment) hair.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Hmmm, we'll say October 1.

Starting Weight: 234

Present Weight: 224

Goal Weight: Ultimately 125, but I have a mini goal of 200 by December 27th.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I have two that are both very difficult: 1) I LOVE fast/fried food 2) I love decorating and making desserts (then someone's gotta eat 'em!).

Following any specific plan: Just cutting down on food and LOTS of exercise.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm setting goals for myself and actually changing my food habits. Before I always *decided* exercise was enough but now I know I have to work on my eating habits too.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I NEED a buddy! I've been on this site for a little while but have been unable to find a buddy to keep in contact with. PM me if you're interested!

ChickinHouston 11-01-2005 11:58 AM

First name (if you want to tell): Sherry

Geographical location: Texas

Marital Status: Married (for 1 year Dec 18th!) to a wonderful supportive hubby

Children/Ages: none (yet)

Pets: 2 kitties (Tabitha, and Dutchy) who are more my kids than pets

Hobbies/Interests: Playing lots of mmorpg games, reading, dancing, computers, theatre, music

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/and not really sure...it's been awhile since it was natural

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: been fighting it since 13, but started this battle about 4 weeks ago.

Starting Weight: 228

Present Weight: 219

Goal Weight: shooting for 165, but wouldn't mind more :D

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Keeping my motivation going. I tend to lose steam when I don't see any progress for a while.

Following any specific plan: I joined the Quick Weight Loss Center in Houston.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I actually have some support from my husband, and am trying to reach out to people (SCARY!) on this site.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm generally shy (most people think I'm antisocial...not true...)when you first meet me, but I'm really a nice person.

TwistedangelJ 11-01-2005 02:51 PM

First name (if you want to tell): Jenn

Geographical location: Kansas

Marital Status: Married for 14 months

Children/Ages: none (yet)

Pets: 1 Dog a cute lemon beagel named Baby

Hobbies/Interests: Photography, dancing, swimming, reading, music, movies, card games, writing, interior design, graphic arts

Height: 5'3.5"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/Right now it's Strawberry blonde but who knows how long that'll last...

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: my start date of my current weight loss journey is Oct 24th 2005

Starting Weight: 333

Present Weight: 322.4

Goal Weight: Overall I think right now atleast I'd be happy with 185..

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Keeping the weight off.. With my PCOS I tend to lose easy and gain it all back if not more just as easily.

Following any specific plan: South Beach.. which is working great right now.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I may actually be able to keep my weight off this time because of my medication

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm a little left of center sometimes.. I'm just a bit odd but for the most part I'm very friendly and outgoing and very honest and blunt most of the time with tact.. I'm very happy most of the time and can be very supportive..

FatMommaCat 11-02-2005 11:31 AM

First name (if you want to tell): Courtney

Geographical location: South Dakota

Marital Status: Married almost a year

Children/Ages: DD Melissa, 10; Hoping for another soon!

Pets: 4 cats (Purebred Bombay Milo, Dom. Shorthairs Jenny, Darth, & Teaser); 2 dogs (Natasha, Howie; both wieners); some fish

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, music (both performing and listening), computers, sewing, painting, gardening, cooking, hmmm you name it, I might enjoy doing it from time to time!

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: The day Melissa was born! I haven't ever been terribly overweight, but always on the top side of normal, want to get closer to at LEAST the middle! I have put on some weight with the stress of TTC as well... sigh...

Starting Weight: 180

Present Weight: 175?

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Boredom eating and a LOVE of salty fried foods...

Following any specific plan: Just exercising more and watching what I eat!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am home now, so I have more flexibility in my eating and exercise schedules. I am opening up for childcare and plan to use nap time as my exercise time when I can!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am in a wedding later this winter and I need to be "beach sundress" ready by then! It is an island wedding in Jamaica or the Virgin Islands!

Nikel1979 11-02-2005 11:52 AM

First name (if you want to tell):Nicole

Geographical location:East Tennessee

Marital Status: married for almost 5 years

Children/Ages: DS Ben - 2, DD Lauren 9 months

Hobbies/Interests: music, reading, shopping, knitting (although I'm super slow at it)

Height: 5' 9.5"

Eye/Hair Color: dark brown eyes, brown hair with auburn and blond highlights

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: October 17, 2005

Starting Weight: 215

Present Weight: 209

Goal Weight: I'm going for 150, but really I want to be a size 6/8. I was a size 0 at 115 lbs, so we'll see.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Drinking enough water and making sure I get enough healthy foods. I'm still nursing for 85% of dd's nutrition, so I'm eating all the time.

Following any specific plan: eating healthy and exercise!!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This is my first real attempt at weight loss.

Anything else you would like to share with us:Not that I can think of...

bearcatmo 11-03-2005 08:10 AM

a little about me..

First name (if you want to tell): Melissa

Geographical location: NW Missouri

Marital Status: married for 4 yrs now!

Children/Ages: 1, will be 4 in 15 days

Pets: 1, cat named Simon

Hobbies/Interests: scrapbooking, driving around, watching tv

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/brown with blond highlights (time for an upkeep!)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: October 30, 2005

Starting Weight: 221

Present Weight: 221 (only weigh once a week)

Goal Weight: 190 or less!

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Food is the devil! I love to eat, eat, and eat more! And I hate running, but I know I have to do it.

Following any specific plan: no... just exercise and try to eat well.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I got down to 200 last year, and I have slowly put it back on and I feel miserable!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Wish me luck!

Proverbs31Woman 11-03-2005 06:52 PM

Introducing Myself

First name (if you want to tell): Kasheia

Geographical location: NC

Children/Ages: Cameron, boy, age 2

Hobbies/Interests: shopping, writing poetry, singing, curch involvement, writing songs, hair

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/dk. brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: today i guess :/

Starting Weight: lol (i know i shouldn't be that way, but...)

Present Weight: LOL (i know, i know)

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: eating less and more healthfully. getting my butt up and exercising.

Following any specific plan: specific plans don't seem to be working. I just want portion control and want to learn to make better food choices

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am actually tired of being fat. I put on so much weight since having my son, and its no longer an excuse. I've really been going through an awakening as far as health is concerned (heart disease, diabetes, etc) and I just want to be healthy, not skinny.

Anything else you would like to share with us: not really[/QUOTE]

sassybrat25 11-05-2005 01:11 AM

Hello! New here!!

First name (if you want to tell): Amber :p

Geographical location: Milwaukee

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: 1 stepson-6yrs.

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Shopping, reading, watching tv, ebay (I love bargains and shopping online!!!), playing online games- I love yahtzee on games.com!! My name is the same there in case anyone ever wants to play. I also play scrabble.

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: green/reddish-brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 6/1/05

Starting Weight: 250

Present Weight: 220

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I LOVE food!!!! I also have a really hard time getting motivated to exercise! :carrot:

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers (unofficially) My parents do it and they had extra information.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My husband and I want to have a baby as soon as possible, and I would like to be healthier for the pregnancy and for my baby afterwards!

Short term goal:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra...0/190/220/.png

Long term goal:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra...0/125/220/.png

~Cherie~ 11-05-2005 07:52 AM

First name (if you want to tell): Cherie

Geographical location: Australia

Marital Status: Married for 3 years

Children/Ages: Trying for our first

Pets: None - DH is allergic to cats

Hobbies/Interests: Aromatherapy, reading, bushwalking, camping, sewing and crafts, spending time by myself pottering around at home, going out for coffee.

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: Green / brunette

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 29th October, 2005

Starting Weight: 100.3 kgs (I"m not sure how many pound that is)

Present Weight: 98.1 kgs

Goal Weight: 70kgs, but it doesn't seem quite attainable yet.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Definitely emotional eating. I always used to read about emotional eating and never thought it related to me. Now that I'm more self-aware, I realise that it describes my entire relationship with food. The other hurdle for me is the belief that I'm depriving myself if I don't let myself eat sweets and junk food.

Following any specific plan: A low GI plan under a dietitian ... it's serious this time!!!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have motivation that I've never had before. I was diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and primary infertility ... losing weight is my best chance at falling pregnant (ironic really ... I want to lose weight so that I can end up with a big belly ;) )

Anything else you would like to share with us: My DH is stick-thin and 6'1" - and eats whatever he wants ... you can imagine what it's like sharing a house with him lol.

teahoney 11-12-2005 11:50 PM

First name (if you want to tell): Tracey

Geographical location: New York

Children/Ages: 1 daughter, 2 years old

Pets: 2 cats, Pearl and JoJo

Hobbies/Interests: I love message boards. Seems to be the most interesting thing going on with me lately

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: dark brown/dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: November 12,2005

Starting Weight: 307

Present Weight: 307

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Getting and staying motivated; Self-sabotage (I am the queen)

Following any specific plan: a low fat, low carb combo and regular exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have my daughter to live for! Plus, I am so tired of being overweight and unhappy.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I love this site and am so happy I found it.

ZaInGgGeYl 11-16-2005 03:17 PM

First name: Katie

Geographical location: NH

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: 2 girls 3 and 7months

Pets: 4 cats 1 dog

Hobbies/Interests: Music, my family, movies, clubbin, raves

Height: 5'6

Eye/Hair Color: brown/ brown with blond highlights

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 11/16/05

Starting Weight: 350

Present Weight: 350

Goal Weight:160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:snacking

Following any specific plan: just cutting back, eatting less

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i actually want to do it this time...

bearcatmo 11-16-2005 08:57 PM

Welcome to the board. I am also a newbie but the motivation is great!!