3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Hello and an update (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/56846-hello-update.html)

jenicra 04-23-2005 03:38 PM

Hello and an update

Hey everybody! :wave:
I know I've been absent lately, so 'hi' to any newbies. As a lot of you know, I've been struggling with my own personal food monsters. I'm doing pretty well right now - at least I'm headed in the right direction. I started an outpatient treatment program for bulimia/binge eating disorder (BN/BED) yesterday. Basically, my program goes like this: I am no longer allowed to count calories or water intake (man, is this hard for me - I keep finding myself trying to calculate in my head!), instead I am now basically following the South Beach Diet. I think this will help me control what I'm eating and make me feel like I can't eat just anything, but that I can eat as much as my body needs to. I keep a daily food log that lets me list what I eat at what time in what place for what reason and how I felt about it (did I feel like I ate too much?), and can still continue to lose weight and I am supposed to weigh in once a week (my day is Wednesday). I can still monitor my exercise and record it in our weekly log and I can still keep my running tally of how many miles I've exercised. However, I am not supposed to focus on weight-based goals, so, no more cute little tickers for me! LOL I can still join in the Challenges, but not with weight-related goals, which is just fine by me.

So, I'm back girls! A little wary, but hey, I'm still here! I think that that says a lot. Thank you all for being so supportive - we really do have a great group of people here!

lizzbabe 04-24-2005 09:10 AM

Wow that is a really big step Jenicra but it sounds like it could really be a help for you. Good luck with tracking it all and I'm sure everything will work out and you will be much healthier.

NYCT1981 04-25-2005 09:49 AM

hey jen -- awesome!!!!!! i think this is fantastic, as a matter of fact, i should get rid of my ticker too, because, really, my goals should be about my health and well being, not some number. i will enjoy hearing about your experience with this outpatient program and i, of course, wish you the very very VERY best.

spillthebeans 04-25-2005 12:11 PM

Hey Sweetie!!!! Missed you, glad to have you back!!! I'm glad you are doing well, and am very happy to hear that you are back on the healthy track!

paperclippy 04-26-2005 02:29 PM

Congratulations on taking the step to start a treatment program, and good luck with your new program! It will be hard work but I know you can do it and you will be so much healthier! We're all cheering you on. :cheer: