Old 04-19-2005, 10:39 AM   #1  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Talking Weekly Chat 4/19-4-24

Morning Ladies!

Yesterday was a typical busy Monday and I didn't get a chance to start this post.

I had my back go out on my over the weekend. It's really frustrating, because this is a major pause concerning any type of exercise right now. I will have to really watch my eating during this time of resting my back. This happens every couple of years. Just one of those things. Can't wait to get back to the track!

Everyone have a great & encouraging week!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 11:46 AM   #2  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Beans, I'm sorry to hear that about your back! I hope you feel better soon! It's good to give your body a rest every so often anyway, so I'm sure once your back recovers you will be back better than ever.

I had a good and bad weekend. It was good because I got to see some of my family (it was my grandma's 90th birthday) and because I finally bought a pair of size 10 jeans! But it was bad because I ate soooooooo much crap. I also had to skip my workout yesterday morning b/c I had to be at school early to do a presentation, but I made up for it this morning so I guess it's okay.

My weight was up 2 lbs this morning! I think it's just water retention due to that time of the month . . . and maybe since I've been running farther I'm adding muscle on my legs too. Despite the scale going the wrong way, I was encouraged this morning because I wanted to wear a skirt, but all the skirts I pulled out of the closet were too big! I guess I have an excuse to buy new clothes -- too bad I can't afford it! Friday is measuring day, I'm hoping my waist will be under 30 inches but I don't think I'll quite make it.

Goals for this week:
Eat right!
Exercise more!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 08:46 AM   #3  
one of my goals!

S/C/G: 215/203/150

Height: 5'7"

Hey all - I was wondering if anyone has gone to the new food pyramid site yet? I went and it is pretty interesting - it has me on 2200 cal, not bad. If anyone is interested it is www.mypyramid.gov
This new one is a bit more like the one that the Harvard Medical group put out.
BrunetteChic_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 09:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for the tip Krista. Looks interesting and I will be sure to check it out.

SJ
skinnyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 10:51 AM   #5  
2blessed2Bstressed

thanks paperclippy for the well wishes. I'm hoping to hit cardio class maybe tomm, if not, at least walk....this is driving me to be depressed, not being able to work out at all.
Old 04-20-2005, 05:28 PM   #6  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

spill -- your back went out? what are you, 80? just kidding, sorry, i couldnt help myself (you know). don't get down about not being able to exercise... you are doing what's best for your body in the long run. you're too skinny anyway!! hey i was watching america's next top model and tyra totally SCREAMED at one of the girls, it was hilarious. i hope she doesnt yell at you like that when you're on the show.

my plastic surgeon consult wasnt good, he basically laughed at me and told me there was no way i was getting an arm lift or a thigh lift because i dont have enough skin and i'd look hideous with the scars. i exaggerate a bit but that was basically it. he suggested that lipo may help with what remaining fat i do have, but my problem is with having some loose skin.. i embrace the fat (haha). i'm going to just forget it and concentrate on my weight training and OF COURSE, loving me for me.
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 11:38 AM   #7  
2blessed2Bstressed

Megan: Concerning your consult with your dr. I'm sure that the dr. was right, we are our hardest critics, and I"m sure your perception may be a little exaggerated??? Love you girl! I'm sure you look hot, I mean, HELLO, your personal trainer is wanting you to be in a show!!!! How cool is that, what a great compliment!!!~ so how many more days till Aruba?

MY back is still killing me, looking forward to getting home and getting on the couch, a new episode of ER is on tonight girls!!!
Old 04-22-2005, 11:22 AM   #8  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

aruba aruba aruba... in... how many days?? hmmm 16 days (counting today)!!! wow can i lose 20 pounds in 16 days??? (kidding... kidding, love me for me, etc, so forth). my birthday is on monday as well... i am turning 24 (mid-20's, ouch, lol). and i think i am getting a digital camera from my bf, so i will be able to take some pictures of me to share with all of you!!!
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 11:39 AM   #9  
2blessed2Bstressed

Happy Friday! Everyone have a great weekend!!!!