3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Weekly Chat 4/4-4/10 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/55868-weekly-chat-4-4-4-10-a.html)

Beautiful_Inside 04-04-2005 11:57 AM

Weekly Chat 4/4-4/10

Here we are ladies and gents!! Time to chat it up!! Its a new month.. Its SpringTime!!! Lets get the month started out right!! Lets post your goals for this week as well!! How was everyone's weekend?? Mine was fairly well, I overdid it on eatting and not working out because I hurt my knee.. That's not a good thing at all!!! LOL

My Goals This Week..
Drink Plenty Of Water
No Sugar!!
Exercise EveryDay

angelfadedblue 04-04-2005 02:25 PM

ok, so here is something.. I am noticing a change in my "apple" shaped body.. my jacket.. my shirts.. they are all getting looser in my middle. My mom commented today and asked me if I lost more weight.. I was like.. no... but things have been looser. Perhaps Because I am starting to walk/jog almost every day that i am gaining muscle weight and loosing fat weight.. I am excited and I should do another measurement tonight.. woohoo. I know i already lost 2 inches in my waist from just dropping 20 some lbs.. its incredible. I need to kick up the working out though.. that is my bad area. I can resist and be disciplined all i want with the food and mentally- I am SOOOOO Ready!!! but my working out is.... lacking some. ahhh... Someone give me a kick in the rear to get me going!!! lol. Thank God its warmer out now so I dont have to bundle up in mittens to go walking.

Have a great week ya'll!
Angie

Beautiful_Inside 04-04-2005 03:52 PM

im so greatful that its warmed up!!! Its been 80 for the past two days! I couldnt go out and walk like I wanted yesterday because I hurt my knee but I just got back from a 45 minute walk and I feel great! Im thinking about keeping my heart rate up by doing my workout and getting it out of the way!!

As far as the measurements go.. I was amazed last month.. I lost 9 pounds but I lost 18.5 inches!!! 3 frm my hips and 6 from my waist!! I go alot of crunches and things for my abs because that's my major problem area and evidently its working! Haha.. I rely more on measurements than I do the scale because even though the scale isnt moving the measuring tape definately is!!

paperclippy 04-04-2005 04:55 PM

Angie! It's great that your clothes are getting looser! I've been losing inches but not pounds too. Friday is my measuring day (I measure every two weeks), and I'm hoping for another loss! I've lost almost three inches off my waist since January, and a good deal off my chest too (most people don't want their boobs to shrink, but since mine are HUGE I would love for them to be smaller!). One more inch off my waist and hips means I will finally be a size 10 again!

My goals for this week . . . well, my bf is out of town on business, and he is usually my biggest motivation to work out, so my primary goal is to get my lazy *** to the gym! Also, to try to avoid emotional eating, since I will be missing him.

OTOH, since he's not here, I won't feel pressured to eat as much. I tend to eat whenever he is eating, and he tends to eat about three times as much as I do! Then again, he's more than half a foot taller than me and much more muscular. I guess guys just eat a lot anyway!

My other goal is to lose some more weight already! Maybe I will make it to the gym four days this week instead of three. My weight loss has slowed down so much that's it's getting really frustrating! I also don't want to gain back the two pounds that came off recently!

angelfadedblue 04-04-2005 09:27 PM

Hey chickie poos!

I measured today... lbs wernt moving... but the tape measure sure was!! woohoo. Overall I have lost 5 inches in my waist.. 3 in my hips, 4 in my chest(i'm with you on this one paperclippy!!) and about an inch and 1/2 on other areas like legs, arms and neck, which is greeeeat! I'm so happy. Its funny.. i keep a log notebook in my closet and ever few days i weigh myself and even though i have been kinda stalled in lbs, the continuous loss of inches really makes me happy!

oh--- I so WISH i could almst fit into a size 10!!! lol. I would be thrilled at a 14 now.. but I'm still stuck at 18 "stretch" jeans. (you know what i mean!) But it will hopefully be a 16 sooner than i think!

Alright, I think im going to go Sweat with the Oldies! Too bad Richard Simmons is in it! lol.
Have a great night everyone!
Angie

Beautiful_Inside 04-04-2005 10:34 PM

Dont you just love measuring tapes! LOL.. Geez!!! I cant believe how many inches I dropped.. And how fast I did it.. The 18.5 inches were from my calfs.. Thighs.. Arms.. Hips.. Waist.. Neck.. Its just amazing to know that I dropped it.. I can tell a difference, I mean the jeans are alot looser actually.. I put them on and 5 minutes later they're damn near falling off.. LOL.. My shirts are actually alot looser.. Ive got alittle pink t-shirt that I bought last summer.. And I rarely wore it because it was tight everywhere.. And Im not exactly small up top, that seems to be pretty much with all of us.. LOL.. But anyways I put it on yesterday and now its loose.. Especially around my abs.. Well, gut.. Whatever you want to call it.. LOL.. But I was so excited to see that!!!

jenicra 04-05-2005 12:14 AM

Hello to all the new faces around here - I've been on a bit of a hiatus since Finals Week and Spring Break. Congrats to all those who are losing major inches - wow! As for being a size ten, I must be in love with it - because I can't seem to get my butt motivated to move out of them and into 8's! I'm back on track today though and am kicking up the running program too. I've got a 10k in a couple of weeks, I know I can do it, but it's giving me the butterflies when I think about it! I'm excited though, I'd like to finish under 60 minutes.

How'd did everyone's Monday go?

angelfadedblue 04-05-2005 09:39 AM

WOW- 93lbs! That is sooo great to see Jenicra! that is absolutely fabulous- i hope one day to be that far.. I love seeing that it can be done!! You are definatly on the right track doing a 10K! That is a great way to help stay lean and healthy! Keep up the great work!!!

paperclippy 04-05-2005 11:11 AM

That's great Angie! 5 inches off your waist is a major accomplishment!! :high: Don't worry, I'm sure you'll make it to size 10 soon, especially if you keep dropping those inches! I was between 14 and 16 when I started (closer to 16 I think!), but I'm pretty short too, so to get down to like a 6 or something I'd have to weigh like 115 or probably less (haha, I haven't weighed that since I was 13).

Speaking of clothing sizes, I found out something weird -- apparently the difference in measurements between a size 12 and a size 10 is TWICE as much as between 10 and 8, or 12 and 14! Weird!

Even though I am technically (according to Old Navy size charts, anyway) getting close to a 10, the size 14 jeans I bought at Lane Bryant still fit me pretty darn well (though the size 14's from Old Navy are falling off). I guess that just goes to show the difference in sizes between brands and different cuts!

Jenicra - Good luck on that 10k! That's amazing! :cheer: You're totally my new role model. 93 lbs is a HUGE accomplishment! Can you imagine yourself 93 lbs ago running a 10k? I always thought I was so bad at running I'd never be able to run a mile, and here I am doing two! Running has done wonders for my self-esteem, even though I get lapped by faster people on the track all the time. :)

You guys are all totally amazing and inspirational. This morning when I stepped on the scale it said 153! I'm not going to put it in my sig until it's stuck for a few days though. ;)

spillthebeans 04-05-2005 11:19 AM

Hi Jenicra, glad to see your back!

Hello all!

My goals for this week:
-Drink all my water
-do a workout everyday(starting today, didn't do good at all yesterday)
-no eating late at night
-eat healthy all week, drink protein shakes -YEAH!

-

Maryjaneld 04-05-2005 10:14 PM

Hello Everybody,
I was happy to see a weekly chat. I guess once you get your goals public, it's easier to stick to them. I've had a week of bad eating and NO exercising. I have a cruise coming up on April 25th! I'm hoping to do a lot better before then!

Goals
- drink lots of water
- get to the gym 3 times a week
- eat well at least 5 out of 7 days

Nice to meet everyone! :)
Lauren

spillthebeans 04-06-2005 05:59 PM

Welcome Lauren, glad to have you around!

Happy Hump day, we are half way through the week. How is everyone doing so far this week?

Today was really a challenge. I planned on having my protein shake for lunch, all the girls here ordered Italian food, I was secretly in my cubicle, drooling. Needless to say, my protein shake paled in comparison, but it's a small sacrafice to be confident this summer in a two piece swim suit. (that is what I keep telling myself)

It would have been so easy to give in and say to myself...awww, you deserve it, you can start again tomm, eating good.
How do you girls handle that type or those types of situations???? what keeps you on track?

Maryjaneld 04-06-2005 07:12 PM

Thank you for the warm welcome :)

Answering your questions - Unfortunately, I don't do well in those situations. I'm a sucker for peer pressure. Today I packed a healthy salad to eat, but then there was a whole package of dunkin donuts lying around. I had half of one, and then it was a downward spiral from there. I like your thought on saying that it's going to be worth it this summer when wearing a bathing suit. That's what i have to start visualizing!

Maryjaneld 04-06-2005 07:19 PM

Thank you for the warm welcome :)

Answering your questions - Unfortunately, I don't do well in those situations. I'm a sucker for peer pressure. Today I packed a healthy salad to eat, but then there was a whole package of dunkin donuts lying around. I had half of one, and then it was a downward spiral from there. I like your thought on saying that it's going to be worth it this summer when wearing a bathing suit. That's what i have to start visualizing!

NYCT1981 04-07-2005 10:07 AM

so i'm away for a little while and now i dont know anyone!!!! well, at least our board is hoppin.' Well, nice to "meet" you all.

of course i havent been away because i've been off plan... just had some issues to deal with.

spill i like how you now have BEANS as your avatar... neat-o. i know what you mean about how hard it is when people around you eat fattening food. yesterday, my boss FORCED me to share a pastrami sandwich with her. and i mean FORCED!! haha..

im excited because my size 6's are starting to get LOOSE! and yet the trainer still thinks i need to lose 15 pounds. i hate him. remember how i used to love him? nope... he's trying to give me unrealistic goals, like i'm trying to enter a fitness competition or something. i have HIPS i cannot shave them down. ahem okay that tantrum is over.

one month until aruba!! I already have two 2-piece suits ready to go so i have to be GOOD this month. also my brother and his girlfriend are coming as well and his girlfriend is one of those girls who is MAYBE 100 lbs, but probably not. she is the nicest, sweetest girl in the world, so i dont think she'll be judging me or anything but STILL (you guys know what i mean!).

have a great thursday !