Old 04-01-2005, 11:11 PM   #1  
But Want The Body Too!!

Default What The First Thing You Noticed??

Im just curious about this.. What is the first thing you noticed about yourself when you started working out and eatting right? Physical or mental change.. Good or bad.. Im just wondering what was the very first thing that you noticed was.. Also, when did you truly realize you were heading the right way? I mean, the first time you really realized you were dropping pounds?
Beautiful_Inside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 01:38 PM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I don't remember! I still don't hink it's really sunk in yet...

I sometimes catch a glimpse of mself nekkid and think, wow! Less flab! WTG girl! Then I think, just a little bit more to lose...
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 10:40 AM   #3  
Bread is my Enemy.

I looked in the mirror and didn't recognize my own legs. In certain pants I think im hot stuff, in other jeans I don't even want to look at myself. SO I guess it depends + I never realized how tight things were on me until I lost a little bit and now it fits normal. I guess I was living in a fantasy world I'm a lot more focused and I get things done on time, all of my bills, school work, etc, I'm on top of all of it.

Knowing that if I stay consistent, it can only get better from here keeps me motivated everyday.
BrOOklyN ChIcK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 11:20 AM   #4  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

I think for me, it was mentally. I started to feel more confident, and was happy with my discipline, in making it to the track, and with my decisions concerning food choices.

I still can't tell a diff. when I look in the mirror. My perception of myself is way off. I know that I am getting somwhere, because I can wear size 10s and it's been a long time since I've done that. I also don't have that belly that hangs over my pants...woo hoo for that!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 12:03 PM   #5  
But Want The Body Too!!

For me I noticed the pants getting loose.. And that was enough to keep me motivated.. I had a pair of shorts that I hadnt worn in almost 2 years because they were two tight.. And about a month ago I put them on and they zipped right up.. My legs are lot more toned than they used to be.. To the point that I love showing them off and I used to keep them covered up! Haha.. And there is also a mental change.. I mean I wake up and I get ready for work and Im putting on the make up and doing my hair and I actually like what I see in the mirror.. The double chin is gone.. My cheeks arent as puffy.. I can see my belly slowly shrinking.. And its a wonderful feeling to have.. I cant wait for the next thing I notice!
Beautiful_Inside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 03:13 PM   #6  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Oh man, like Beautiful Inside mentioned, the double chin disappearing was probably the first for me. I didn't have a really big one, but big enough to notice, for sure! I was so glad when it was gone.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 04:41 PM   #7  
Donna B.

Brooklyn:

Way to go on the 7lbs.
Donna B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 10:12 PM   #8  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

S/C/G: 396/350/199

Height: 5'2''

I haven't really noticed myself. Everyone else has. I know my clothes are loose on me and stuff but when I look in the mirror I still see the same girl when I started my diet 8wks go.

Last edited by CurvaceousCutie; 04-18-2005 at 09:12 AM.
CurvaceousCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 11:48 PM   #9  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

The double chin I never knew I had disappeared - my belly rolls hollowed out on the sides (ew) - my hip bones started sticking out to Jupiter (seriously, people, I have ridiculous hip bones - 5'11" 102 lb. silly-looking twiggy model hip bones, I could be pregnant with twins and no one would notice for 8 months).

CurvaceousCutie (cute name) - I know what you mean about not seeing it - I still don't see it some days (a lot of days, really).
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 04:28 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

Hmmm...it probably REALLY hit me when I pulled out my old favorite jeans (Aussie size 14) which when I started losing weight were just the wrong side of snug and laid my newest pair of jeans on top (Aussie size 8).

There was at least 6 inches worth of extra material around the waist on those old favs!

Thats about when I realised it was real. I really had lost weight and that slim shadow that was now following my around was actually myself and not some stray attachment.

Livi
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 01:46 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 238/157/138

Height: 5'4

The first thing I noticed was my breasts shrinking, which is OK cause I can afford to lose a little.
I never really realized how much weight I have lost till I looked back at some pictures of me at my heaviest weight. Boy was I in for a shock. I never felt as bad as I looked. I feel bigger now than I did 70 lbs ago.
I think it has a lot to do with living in Denver now though compare to Portland. There are a lot more bigger people in Portland so it's more acceptable.
flxthct107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 01:59 PM   #12  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

first thing first thing... hmmm... well the thing that made me want to lose weight in the first place was last summer, all of my summer clothes were SO TIGHT! My baggy-ish cargo capris were no long baggy. The worst thing in the world is wear clothes that dont fit properly... ick, so uncomfortable. I literally had no clothes to wear and there was no way in h e double hockeysticks (did i really just write that? what a loser i am!!) that i was going to buy new, bigger clothes.

so, even after the first week, my summer clothes were starting to fit again. what a wonderful feeling!!! that was the first thing i noticed to ensure i was on the right track.
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 05:25 PM   #13  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Talking

LMAO....Megan, you KILL me!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 11:59 AM   #14  

For me it's been mostly mental, i.e. now that I know I'm losing, I feel much better about the way I look, even though I know I still have a little way's to go. But seeing the numbers on the scale change from the 140's to the 130's was pretty exciting too.
iconobabble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 07:14 PM   #15  

I think the first thing that really made it sink in that my body was changing was when I would stand with my hands on my hips. When I could easily feel my hip bone because it wasn't covered in as much fat, I started taking a closer look at how my body was changing.

And even though my weight hasn't changed that much in the last few years, I realized how much my fitness level has changed when I looked back at an old diet journal and saw that 3 miles was the longest I could ever run for years (even when I had lost the weight) but in the past year I've gone for runs as long as 10 miles and do 4 - 6 miles as my usual workout now.
katia is offline   Reply With Quote