Old 03-31-2005, 08:17 PM   #1  
Thin-2-Bee

Unhappy New Girl needs Control of Her Sweet tooth!

Hi I'm 28 years old and has a sweet tooth the size of Texas!!! I need help quick! I feel I'm ballooning up if I even look at something sweet. I am starting to workout regularly but doesn't seem to help get the weight off.
I work in a high stressful job that requires alot of chocolate, we all require it so it is always around and calls my name. Where do I find the control when its a very rough day and you just want something sweet for a pick-me-up?
HELP!!!
Can anyone relate or give some needed advice?
landraland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 08:55 PM   #2  
But Want The Body Too!!

I dont have much of a sweet tooth.. Just normally around that time of month.. Have you tried some dried fruit instead? Raisens.. cranberries.. Cherries.. Bananas.. Still sweet and they're good for you.. Or try some fresh fruit.. There is also alot of sugar free candy and chocolate candy.. Its actually good, my FH sent me some of Easter and its really good, I never had it until he sent it.. Alot of people suggest fruit, and yes if youre used to grabbing chocolate it will be hard to do in the beginning, but tell yourself why you're doing it.. You're wanting to be better.. You're wanting to eat better.. At the end of the day you will feel better eatting a few pieces of fruit instead of all the chocolate
Beautiful_Inside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 10:51 AM   #3  
Angie

I can relate.. there is food and candy and cake all the time at work for me to! the only way i have found to overcome the sugar cravings is to completley cut it out of my diet for a minimun of 3 days.. This past time It took me 4... and after that... I dont have the cravings anymore. I think i got it out of my system, and instead i drink Crystal Light or something diet or better yet- Water... when i feel the cravings come on. It usually fills you up. Another method to try is an appetite suppresant, i used to snack constantly and after using- i think dexatrim- i didnt even have a desire to snack or anything while watching tv, which is unusual for me. I am trying out a new appitite suppresant right now- "hoodia 24" by Vita Logic, i will let you know if it works at all.
Oh- and the dried fruit is a great idea as well. I love "berries and Cherries" dried as well as cranberries.
hope this helps.
angie

Last edited by angelfadedblue; 04-01-2005 at 10:53 AM.
angelfadedblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:15 AM   #4  
Thin-2-Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful_Inside
I dont have much of a sweet tooth.. Just normally around that time of month.. Have you tried some dried fruit instead? Raisens.. cranberries.. Cherries.. Bananas.. Still sweet and they're good for you.. Or try some fresh fruit.. There is also alot of sugar free candy and chocolate candy.. Its actually good, my FH sent me some of Easter and its really good, I never had it until he sent it.. Alot of people suggest fruit, and yes if youre used to grabbing chocolate it will be hard to do in the beginning, but tell yourself why you're doing it.. You're wanting to be better.. You're wanting to eat better.. At the end of the day you will feel better eatting a few pieces of fruit instead of all the chocolate

Thank you so much for the ideas of fruit and sugar free candy!! I will try it out. One question, is the sugar free candy low in calories?
I appreciate the feedback alot!!!
Old 04-01-2005, 11:19 AM   #5  
Thin-2-Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfadedblue
I can relate.. there is food and candy and cake all the time at work for me to! the only way i have found to overcome the sugar cravings is to completley cut it out of my diet for a minimun of 3 days.. This past time It took me 4... and after that... I dont have the cravings anymore. I think i got it out of my system, and instead i drink Crystal Light or something diet or better yet- Water... when i feel the cravings come on. It usually fills you up. Another method to try is an appetite suppresant, i used to snack constantly and after using- i think dexatrim- i didnt even have a desire to snack or anything while watching tv, which is unusual for me. I am trying out a new appitite suppresant right now- "hoodia 24" by Vita Logic, i will let you know if it works at all.
Oh- and the dried fruit is a great idea as well. I love "berries and Cherries" dried as well as cranberries.
hope this helps.
angie
Angie,
Thanks so much for the feedback!!! I do eat some of the dried fruits, I like the apricots the best and it helps. Please do let me know how the new hoodia 24 works out, I dying to know.
One question, when you have all the sweets at work, how do you mental resist the temptation??? I try all day long to talk myself out of it but it never ever works!!! Ahhhhh....
Robin =)
Old 04-01-2005, 11:31 AM   #6  
Angie

Honestly, I dont know if I can say how i resist.. i am trying to think of a saying in my book.. if you rely on willpower alone, you will fail. (or something like that) a lot has to do with.. i took all the junk food and threw it out. only thing i have in my cube now is dried fruit and actually.. lots of fresh fruit. I have realized that is has nothing to do with me not being able to resist... I just choose to resist or not. Its always a choice. To be blunt- no one is shoving that food in your mouth except yourself. It took me a long time to realize that I am responsible for the way I look. I did this to myself and it has been far too long that I have hid behind my fat. I deserve better than that and so do you. I recommend the Dr. Phil UWL book. It really puts things into perspective and makes you take responsiblity for yourself, and that is the only way a person can get past any of the eating and wieght issues. Today there is chocolate chip brownies- red cake and carrot cake here. I just walk right past.. because "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!!!! "
Keep on posting too- it helps soooo much!

Last edited by angelfadedblue; 04-01-2005 at 11:34 AM.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:39 PM   #7  
Thin-2-Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfadedblue
Honestly, I dont know if I can say how i resist.. i am trying to think of a saying in my book.. if you rely on willpower alone, you will fail. (or something like that) a lot has to do with.. i took all the junk food and threw it out. only thing i have in my cube now is dried fruit and actually.. lots of fresh fruit. I have realized that is has nothing to do with me not being able to resist... I just choose to resist or not. Its always a choice. To be blunt- no one is shoving that food in your mouth except yourself. It took me a long time to realize that I am responsible for the way I look. I did this to myself and it has been far too long that I have hid behind my fat. I deserve better than that and so do you. I recommend the Dr. Phil UWL book. It really puts things into perspective and makes you take responsiblity for yourself, and that is the only way a person can get past any of the eating and wieght issues. Today there is chocolate chip brownies- red cake and carrot cake here. I just walk right past.. because "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!!!! "
Keep on posting too- it helps soooo much!
Can I just say THANK YOU so much for being blunt!!! You are so right, so times you just feel like its the way you live, or where you work etc. that makes you eat the way you do and makes you over weight but in all actually its only you that does it to yourself. You have really brought some light on alot of things for me and I'm going to quit making excuse to eat bad.
You said you recommend the Dr. Phil book, well I have read it and I absolutly love it, it also brought alot of things to light like the emotional eating, which I am a huge fan of. Just to let you know the quote you wrote "nothing taste as good as skinny feels" is going to hang pn my locker at work and refrige at home. You already are an inspiration to me
To help you... my mom sent me a quote that helps me. "Feeling thinner, breathing better, more energy, clothes fitting, weighing less, these things are so much better than junk food or overeating. Don't give in to it!!!
Hope this makes things easier for you too! Thanks so much for the help and we'll be there for each other to talk us out of the cakes, chocolate and sweets!!!
Old 04-03-2005, 11:28 PM   #8  
Angie

Default to landraland

Thanks so much for the compliment! I was hoping you wouldnt take offense to anything-I am often blunt, and thats how i respond better in my own weight loss is if someone just says it like it is to me! Sometimes i jsut need to live up to what i do and that is the only way anyone can really lose weight and keep it off i think.

I have also recently tried a suppliment that is reccommended by Dr. Jan McBarron... who is from the radio show "Duke and the Doctor".. awesome website.. dukeandthedoctor.com --anyways- shes all about Natural suppliments and things, and she recommended something new from vita logic- Hoodia 24. So i have been using it for a couple days..and I have tried many different appitite suppresants before. Some., like dexatrim gave me caffine rushes. This one though I really have been liking it.. It seems to work extreemly well and I an moticing no side effects.. ad vita logic is very reputable for using natural ingrediants. So thats an idea... if you need a little boost in that area.

Thats all for now! good luck!
Old 04-04-2005, 10:16 AM   #9  
Sorry I'm not a Barbie

Sorry I was just snooping by and thought i would stop in... I was going to say sometimes when i just have to have somehting sweet i will eat a couple of marshmallows.. I dont know if that is bad, but i think it is better then chocolate... and the reason you eat chocolate is because it is addictive.. You are right angelfadedblue, you have to get it out of your system, like nicotine or drugs!!! So a few days without it and you might not crave it!! Also i found that a caramel rice cake helps for he sweet tooth... I was just wondering if anyone could tell be is eating if you are bored considered emotional eating?
tlprocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 02:17 PM   #10  
Angie

Default Boredom eating

I dont really know if it falls into that category? I used to be a HUGE boredom eater.. and i used appitite suppresants to helop stop that. They made me feel like i didnt even Want to eat when i was bored. I am a habitual gum chewer though- and i know- in all actuality gum juices go into the stomach and make you start to get hungry faster, but i just have an oral fixation (be it if you smoke, gum chew.. pen chew.. etc) and the gum helps me alot. If you read my previous posts i am trying out a new natural suppliment by vita logic and so far i am absolutly loving it! but everyone has their opinion on stuff like that. Sorry i can be of more help!

Keep on trying!!!